PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Steam-like Trion exclusive items?

Sark
03-07-2013, 03:19 AM
I'm not seeing any reason to pre-order from the main site. You get exclusive items from Steam, a TON of them. Why would you get it on any other site/place?

Fiancee
03-07-2013, 03:23 AM
Well, publishers and developers cant live without distributors like Valve, that should explain it. Most people notice this game when it appears to their local shop, yeah when its on the shelf.

Prophet of Entropy
03-07-2013, 03:47 AM
yea steams giving way more bonus items, cancled my trion order, when i get my money back im giving it to steam. if you wait too see whats on shelves for games your gonna miss out alot. stores only sell major publishers games, why steam is kick ***.

Sark
03-07-2013, 03:49 AM
so then why doesn't Trion have some exclusive stuff?

Ambic
03-07-2013, 04:53 AM
I'm not seeing any reason to pre-order from the main site. You get exclusive items from Steam, a TON of them. Why would you get it on any other site/place?

Actually 90% or more of the steam rewards will be obtainable in a later DLC. Read the steam rewards descriptions... "early access" and "get it ahead of time" are the key words.

Not saying don't order on steam, but each site has it's own perks, especially if you want a different starting weapon. If not, then I can see a mass of snipers due to the phoenix from steam. I guess that means don't roll a sniper cause there will be too many lol

Pasha
03-07-2013, 05:41 AM
so then why doesn't Trion have some exclusive stuff?

To make sales through publishers/3rd parties less pointless. Otherwise why would anyone purchase game from 3rd party if Trion's own offer will be more or comparatively attractive?

Buruko
03-07-2013, 06:41 AM
I'd like to point out that Steam is only giving out more items IF they reach the pre-order percentage markers, which right now Tier 1 is 4%, two days after the announcement.

The only thing you are guaranteed to get over and beyond the Trion offering is the title Iron Demon, a sniper rifle, and 3 days of XP boost. Which all retailers are giving some exclusive weapon and the title is just an extra tossed in from the Standard Edition pre-order.

GT3000
03-07-2013, 08:21 AM
I'd like to point out that Steam is only giving out more items IF they reach the pre-order percentage markers, which right now Tier 1 is 4%, two days after the announcement.

The only thing you are guaranteed to get over and beyond the Trion offering is the title Iron Demon, a sniper rifle, and 3 days of XP boost. Which all retailers are giving some exclusive weapon and the title is just an extra tossed in from the Standard Edition pre-order.

Pretty sure that the preorder benches aren't set in stone(they can be pushed forward or back) and Valve reserves the right to deny/grant the bonuses. They certainly had that ability with the XCOM:Enemy Unknown launch. I don't think anyone is worried about it meeting the quota.