PDA

View Full Version : 2 Issues with Patch Notes

QQueue
04-11-2013, 10:50 AM
1 . You get EGO rating increase when you level up your vehicles (If i read that correctly). My rollers and runners are past level 10, do I get reimbursed for the EGO ratings I missed because this wasn't implimented?

2 . Not one mention of the bonus' timer being fixed. Still losing time when I'm not actively playing Defiance. Pre-ordered Collectors' Edition and I've lost so many hours of bonus Scrip & Experiance. If the bonuses came with the pre-order I should be entitled to what was offered and what I paid for, right? 109.95 isn't some chump change for a video game.

That's pretty much it. Oh and if anyone reading this knows where Hotshot Pursuit " Dam Defense" and the quest "Lost in..." can't remember the quest's name, but it's with the same pursuit, is, please PM me, I'm on Xbox and it's literally not appearing on my map, neither of these pursuit requirements are.

Kommissar Kaede
04-11-2013, 10:52 AM
2 is working as intended and how boosters are handled in quite a few games.

30 days of ingame time is an insane amount of time for most MMOs. While plenty of players hit it in longer term games, its still a ways out.

Sanguinesun
04-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Still no default or option for push to talk voip is one of my biggest frustrations from the notes. Their refusal to do this is just nuts.

QQueue
04-11-2013, 11:11 AM
2 is working as intended and how boosters are handled in quite a few games.

30 days of ingame time is an insane amount of time for most MMOs. While plenty of players hit it in longer term games, its still a ways out.

But if I'm not mistaken, Dev Sledge stated in one of his Dev trackers that they were working on the bonus' timer, so that it wouldn't clock down when you weren't online. I've yet to see an MMO where the bonus' timer would still tick while you were away, an example for instance would be Maple Story, they had bonus tokens where you would get higher exp and what not, and it would only count down when you were online. And if I'm not mistaken, KoTOR also had this system where you would buy the bonus and the timer would only go when you were online.

So I don't know where you get the information about how this was the way it was meant to be implemented. If you could source such results it would be greatly appreciated.

fishboy11
04-11-2013, 11:13 AM
1 . You get EGO rating increase when you level up your vehicles (If i read that correctly). My rollers and runners are past level 10, do I get reimbursed for the EGO ratings I missed because this wasn't implimented?

2 . Not one mention of the bonus' timer being fixed. Still losing time when I'm not actively playing Defiance. Pre-ordered Collectors' Edition and I've lost so many hours of bonus Scrip & Experiance. If the bonuses came with the pre-order I should be entitled to what was offered and what I paid for, right? 109.95 isn't some chump change for a video game.

That's pretty much it. Oh and if anyone reading this knows where Hotshot Pursuit " Dam Defense" and the quest "Lost in..." can't remember the quest's name, but it's with the same pursuit, is, please PM me, I'm on Xbox and it's literally not appearing on my map, neither of these pursuit requirements are.

i think they retroactively gave ego for the vehicles, but if they did it wasnt the right amount, i have more than yesterday when i logged out, but i have over 20 levels of vehicle skill so unless they are only giving 1 ego per level somethings wrong

blazie151
04-11-2013, 11:17 AM
+1 on the vehicle issue. I'd like a dev comment on that one. My runner is 13 cause I'm trying to make some of the gold time trials, and my roller is up to 10 from smashing archers and skitterlings at minor arkfalls. I don't want to lose out on ego caused I got the game early.

Kommissar Kaede
04-11-2013, 11:42 AM
But if I'm not mistaken, Dev Sledge stated in one of his Dev trackers that they were working on the bonus' timer, so that it wouldn't clock down when you weren't online. I've yet to see an MMO where the bonus' timer would still tick while you were away, an example for instance would be Maple Story, they had bonus tokens where you would get higher exp and what not, and it would only count down when you were online. And if I'm not mistaken, KoTOR also had this system where you would buy the bonus and the timer would only go when you were online.

So I don't know where you get the information about how this was the way it was meant to be implemented. If you could source such results it would be greatly appreciated.
Planetside 2 and Tribes: Ascend use the real time mechanic for boost timing.

I'll admit, that would make the boosters from the store more useful, but I think it might do a bit too much for the 30 day boosters from the deluxe edition.

QQueue
04-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Planetside 2 and Tribes: Ascend use the real time mechanic for boost timing.

I'll admit, that would make the boosters from the store more useful, but I think it might do a bit too much for the 30 day boosters from the deluxe edition.

But you could look at it as, some of these players are in the demographic of their 20's and higher. Meaning a job and somewhat of a life is required. Give and take the factors of who you play with, people younger than you, friends the same age but don't have a job, etc. etc. , this boost increase gives you time to catch up, kind of like WoW's "Inn" system, when you'd log out for long periods of time.

So having the boosts only tick down when you're actively online only makes sense. It's a money consuming hole if they keep it going the way it is. And besides, how will it affect anyone else differently? You yourself would be getting the same advantages, and if you have to log out for a long period of time, for financial or medical reasons, you still have these boosts to give you a leg up to catch up with your friends.

QQueue
04-12-2013, 10:00 AM
+1 on the vehicle issue. I'd like a dev comment on that one. My runner is 13 cause I'm trying to make some of the gold time trials, and my roller is up to 10 from smashing archers and skitterlings at minor arkfalls. I don't want to lose out on ego caused I got the game early.

You should be able to do the trials, I completed all with gold and at the end of it I had Runners level 7, because I got the Challenger with my pre-order and solely used that. It all comes down to how you're boosting, don't boost while you're flying through the air, it doesn't manipulate trajectory or distance gained, use it when you touch down, and in all honesty try to avoid the little jumps. Lastly you have to hit the insides of the gates, i.e - turning into the edges of the gates where then next one would be. It shaves a few seconds off at the end of it all.

Boss Waters
04-12-2013, 10:03 AM
my roller is up to 10 from smashing archers and SKITTERLINGS at minor arkfalls.

What. The. Hell. Is. Wrong. With. You.

Major Nelson
04-12-2013, 10:05 AM
well level your vehicles to 21 so the stats reset like mine did :( and then get your ego ranking (yeah i found out all types of stats,weapons,vehicles will reset once they pass 20)

Phrase Universe
04-12-2013, 01:39 PM
My roller is up to 10 from smashing archers and skitterlings at minor arkfalls.

This is why driving shouldn't boost your EGO. Trion just enabled the "Cartards" to keep going. Good job.

Akataras
04-12-2013, 02:33 PM
roller is up to 10 from smashing archers and skitterlings at minor arkfalls.

Burn the witch!

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001175517/0cb3ef6e1d30edc0038eaa58f90b507c_xlarge.jpeg