PDA

View Full Version : Where do I find arkfall codes?

soul clepto
04-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Where do I locate these codes how do I get more???? Anyone??

Dantos
04-11-2013, 10:57 AM
http://orcz.com/Defiance:_Arkfall_Codes

Those?

soul clepto
04-11-2013, 11:01 AM
Yep thanks dude

Dantos
04-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Glad to help.

Defy
04-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Also remember to claim the rewards at the in game store

Crimson Wolf
04-11-2013, 05:50 PM
Never mind

Disflux
04-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Are you sure you're at the right code redemption? It's not the one that is under the TrionWorlds account management "redeem code" page, it's under the "My Ego" tab here http://www.defiance.com/en/game/

Exes
04-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Are you sure you're at the right code redemption? It's not the one that is under the TrionWorlds account management "redeem code" page, it's under the "My Ego" tab here http://www.defiance.com/en/game/

Both actually work.

AngelKing4t7
04-18-2013, 05:57 AM
So, where exactly did people find all these codes? I got the first two they basically hand to you, and the one off of the cover art on the game box... but after that, I don't know where else I am supposed to look for them?

I mean, I know that clearly people have compiled lists of all the codes they've found, so I can easily just go copy/paste them to get the rewards, but... that kinda ruins the entertainment of the hunt (at least for me). I'd like to try and find them on my own, but I don't even have an idea of where to begin looking.

Anyone care to supply one or two hints as to where you can find some of these codes?

Ikagawa
04-18-2013, 05:59 AM
Read the link in the second post. It explains how they were found.

AngelKing4t7
04-18-2013, 06:12 AM
Read the link in the second post. It explains how they were found.

Oh cool, thanks. I guess that's my bad for not actually clicking through the link... I'd already checked like five other lists posted on other sites, and they all just listed the codes with no additional info, so I was starting to feel like nobody else cared about the actual joy of finding the hidden codes. Seemed like everyone just wants a quick and easy way to beef up their character without doing any work :P

AngelKing4t7
04-18-2013, 06:26 AM
Freaking idiot
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=ark+fall+codes+for+defiance

Good job reading what I actually said, champ.

I mean, I know that clearly people have compiled lists of all the codes they've found, so I can easily just go copy/paste them to get the rewards, but... that kinda ruins the entertainment of the hunt (at least for me). I'd like to try and find them on my own, but I don't even have an idea of where to begin looking.

I was asking if someone could give me a starting point on how to FIND THE CODES ON MY OWN. Not just a list of what all the codes are so I can copy/paste them for the rewards.

But hey, this IS the internet... so I dunno what the hell I was thinking, expecting that I could ask a question and not expect some smartass to skim my post and reply with a one-line sarcastic response that doesn't actually address my question. Thanks for reminding me where I am.

Dantos
04-18-2013, 06:31 AM

I was asking if someone could give me a starting point on how to FIND THE CODES ON MY OWN. Not just a list of what all the codes are so I can copy/paste them for the rewards.

But hey, this IS the internet... so I dunno what the hell I was thinking, expecting that I could ask a question and not expect some smartass to skim my post and reply with a one-line sarcastic response that doesn't actually address my question. Thanks for reminding me where I am.

The problem is, alot of them you cant just find naturally anymore. They were time sensitive, things like commercials, Dev posts, emails from Trion, website ads, Twitch and other streams, tweets, giveaways on mmorpg.com and joystiq (which are probably gone now) ect.

RoG Goat
04-18-2013, 06:36 AM

What made you think my comment was directed at you?
Did you see a quote?

I didn't.

Ikagawa
04-18-2013, 06:47 AM
What made you think my comment was directed at you?
Did you see a quote?

I didn't.

Because it wouldn't make sense to call someone an idiot when they started the thread a week ago. Your reply would only be relevant to the most recent request for help.

AngelKing4t7
04-18-2013, 06:56 AM
Because it wouldn't make sense to call someone an idiot when they started the thread a week ago. Your reply would only be relevant to the most recent request for help.

Thank you. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Pest
04-18-2013, 07:06 AM
Finding these codes prior to the game release was a minor obsession of alot of people on these boards. I spent a fair amount of time looking but all the ones I found had already been previously discovered and listed.:p

Pretty good promotional idea but all the fun parts were prior to release as someone already stated most of the sources for the codes are gone now.:cool:

AddictedNoob
04-18-2013, 07:13 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?42259-155-Arkfall-Codes

Ikagawa
04-18-2013, 07:14 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?42259-155-Arkfall-Codes

/facepalm

/10char

AddictedNoob
04-18-2013, 07:15 AM
/facepalm

/10char

Wow you must be slow.

Ikagawa
04-18-2013, 07:16 AM
Wow you must be slow.

Says the guy that is a whole week behind?

Shreve
04-18-2013, 07:24 AM
Anyone care to supply one or two hints as to where you can find some of these codes?

Some of these codes only a truly bored person could find.

"You will get some Arkfall Codes in emails from Trion, however others can be more difficult to find, but fun to look for! Look for them hidden in videos, advertisements for the game, the official website, and other unexpected locations. For example some codes appear only for a second or so in the trailer videos. Another code was found by looking at the source code of the official site."

A code embedded in the source code of the website!! Really! I am amazed someone found that one.

RoG Goat
04-18-2013, 07:29 AM
Not my fault you guys are holding a discussion on someone else's thread.
If he had a different problem, he should have made a new thread.

Not derail this one.

Ikagawa
04-18-2013, 07:30 AM

Not derail this one.

Meager attempt to deflect from his poorly timed troll.

AngelKing4t7
04-18-2013, 07:36 AM

Not derail this one.

It's kind of hard to derail something that stopped moving a week ago.

No, I should not have made a new thread. Instead of starting a new thread about a topic that has surely been posted to death, I decided to instead post my RELEVANT FOLLOW-UP QUESTION on an existing thread. Because that's how people with basic empathy and courtesy use forums.

Obnoxious goat man aside, thanks to the people who actually responded to my question with constructive input. It seems I've pretty much missed the boat on actually being able to participate in the hunt for the codes. It's unfortunate, but at least it saves me from wasting my time trying to figure it out on my own only to come up with nothing.

I've done a few similar internet-easter-egg-hunt type things before that were super fun (namely notpr0n), so I was looking forward to being able to participate in one that would tie in to a game I was playing. Alas, it seems it was not meant to be. I guess I'll just start copy/pasting the codes from the list

RoG Goat
04-18-2013, 07:46 AM
Yes, you should have.
You could have gotten more relevant input if the thread was dedicated to your question.

And maybe you wouldn't have gotten so mad about someone who wasn't even talking to you. ;)

WarMad2
04-18-2013, 09:28 AM
Some of the codes were time sensative for sure. They were hard to find at times as well. It took a lot of us here on the Forums, even with the help of those from other countries on this one thread to make it all happen. They were in videos, images, source code (Yes, source code, a couple were found!), promotional ads, and each month those ads would switch codes. Another example, one of the 1st codes discovered was on the background of the defiance.com and them they have switched the background some and new codes appeared. So to try and discover them all yourself would be impossible at this point. That is why all threads/posts/sites all came from the original thread Hidden Codes, because we all there spent countless hours trying to decode the languages (and we got some major help with them from other sites that were really indulged with the alien languages!).

I only know this because I have been with the Code Hunt since it began.

Edit: Look to my Sig for the Hidden Codes Forums & You will see what all we had went through to finding them!! :D

Happy Code hunting Ark Hunters!

AddictedNoob
04-18-2013, 09:43 AM
Meager attempt to deflect from his poorly timed troll.

Why are you still talking? btw I reported your post(s) for flaming when other people such as myself are trying to help instead of posting useless comments.

AngelKing4t7
04-18-2013, 09:52 AM
Why are you still talking? btw I reported your post(s) for flaming when other people such as myself are trying to help instead of posting useless comments.

Are you for real right now? Ikagawa was easily the most helpful person in this thread, and the only time he posted anything even remotely akin to "flaming" was in response to someone whose opening salvo in this conversation was "freaking idiot" followed by a sarcastic LMGTFY link, and in response to someone (you) who had already insulted him for no reason.

AngelKing4t7
04-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Yes, you should have.
You could have gotten more relevant input if the thread was dedicated to your question.

And maybe you wouldn't have gotten so mad about someone who wasn't even talking to you. ;)

Interesting observation, considering that before you even entered in to this conversation I had already received relevant input from someone who wasn't being a sarcastic prick.

Jester
04-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Hi everyone,

We feel that this thread has degenerated into a non-constructive discussion, so we've closed it. Please remember to keep your comments respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!