PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Nerf

Kerry
04-11-2013, 11:15 AM
At least they don't have any plans to nerf my SMG, YAY!

WEAPONS
● Lowered damage output of sawed off shotguns.
● General tuning to improve LMGs.
● Rate of fire and mag size changes have been made to rocket launchers.
● Cluster launchers have had their damage lowered.
● Anti-vehicle launcher now does appropriate damage to humanoids and a bonus to damage vs vehicles.
● Updated bloom for VBI LMGs.
● Added cooldown to prevent elemental effects from constantly applying to player.
● Tuned lock-on rocket launchers.
● FRC LMGs now have a lower rate of fire than other LMGs.
● Lowered the damage and crit Multiplier on the Northstar Flare Pistol.
● Infectors have had their homing range decreased.
● All Infectors now have the same reticle and will not change size when moving crouching or aiming.
● Infector bug speed has been slightly decreased.
● Infector bug damage has been decreased.
● Pistols have had their ammo pools increased in competitive multiplayer.
● Legendary detonators no longer have +6 mag rarity bonus.
● Reduced auto lobbers’ rate of fire.
● Reduced damage for Crash Boomer, Rebounder Lobber and Auto Lobber.
● Bug fixes
○ Fixed a bug that caused the swarm rocket launcher to deal too much damage.
○ Super Rocket Pod from Echelon vendor should now correctly show its model.
○ Fixed a weird xp bonus that was showing up on some weapons.
○ VOT and VBI LMG animations now sync with the firing pattern.
○ Fixed a potential crash caused by weapon holstering.
○ Fixed the Bull Rush 45 causing an operated vehicle to explode when damaging players inside.

Source: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?30976-Defiance-Patch-1.010-Sharks-%28in-winter-solstice

Cavadus
04-11-2013, 11:16 AM
I'm a little surprised to see that the crash boomer is getting nerfed as it's not a particularly high damage AGL to begin with.

Kerry
04-11-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm surprised the sawed off is getting a damage nerf. You can only shoot it a couple times a minute and need to be an arms reach away from your target in order to get more than 25% of your pellet spread on them as it is.

Cavadus
04-11-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm surprised the sawed off is getting a damage nerf.

I'm not surprised. Almost all match PvP is cloakers running around one-shotting each other with sawed-offs.

Tonyguns
04-11-2013, 11:28 AM
I don't care for all the nerfing.. I guess the sawn off was OP in PVP. I've only played a few PVP matches. But, I have a brilliant SAW. I hate to see it go down like that..

Kriegson
04-11-2013, 11:38 AM
I don't care for all the nerfing.. I guess the sawn off was OP in PVP. I've only played a few PVP matches. But, I have a brilliant SAW. I hate to see it go down like that..
I recall though that in other notes they've mentioned tweaking the SAW to be more fun? Enjoyable? something to that degree. At any rate it should be more satisfying to shoot, and the burst fire variant of the MG got tweaked as well, I think to have a tighter cluster? Not sure. But it's not all bad.

As for sawed-offs. Ehhh...we'll see. I haven't played much DM, mostly shadow war where range is much more useful. That being said I don't recall sawed off's being amazing in PVE, so I hope they don't fall by the wayside entirely.

AntTony917
04-11-2013, 11:41 AM
I recall though that in other notes they've mentioned tweaking the SAW to be more fun? Enjoyable? something to that degree. At any rate it should be more satisfying to shoot, and the burst fire variant of the MG got tweaked as well, I think to have a tighter cluster? Not sure. But it's not all bad.

Yeah, i don't see anything about a nerfing the dmg on the LMGs just tuning, lowering fire rate and bloom. This dosen't seem to bad.

Tonyguns
04-11-2013, 12:25 PM
I hope that's all it is. And that they don't slow it down too much. We'll see.

Delisle
04-11-2013, 12:32 PM
If the issue is PvP balance then change it there only... half of these updates are to weapons that were already poor quality in PvE and are frankly going to make them useless to some players.

Armanewb
04-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Yeah, i don't see anything about a nerfing the dmg on the LMGs just tuning, lowering fire rate and bloom. This dosen't seem to bad.

Based on previous MMOs, "tuning" could mean nerfing as well.

Skeptic
04-11-2013, 12:48 PM
it could mean buffing also though.

Bobbyieboy
04-11-2013, 12:55 PM
yeah lowering the firerate on the LMG should only make it more stable if anything. Will have to see what else is done to it after this patch is released.

Corvinna
04-11-2013, 12:55 PM
I looked over that, and the problem I have is with this specific line

● FRC LMGs now have a lower rate of fire than other LMGs.

The FRC SAW has the lowest fire rate of all the LMGs already...so...are they making it even worse? Was this a typo? Is there some other FRC they are talking about? The other parts I see as balance tweaks so...I'll have to see how they pan out...but this one bothers me.

Alcohol Fueled Brewtality
04-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Hope that Sawed Off nerf only applies to PvP.

God knows they need their power to stay viable in PvE vs. other Shotguns!

jnt
04-11-2013, 01:01 PM
yeah lowering the firerate on the LMG should only make it more stable if anything. Will have to see what else is done to it after this patch is released.

Eh, you can improve the accuracy of anything just by easing off the trigger. The nerf really only reduces the damage you can do to a kneeling tanker and other arrow in the knee moments.

Cavadus
04-11-2013, 01:02 PM
The FRC SAW has the lowest fire rate of all the LMGs already...so...are they making it even worse?

It also has the highest damage of all LMGs and is currently the highest DPS weapon in the game.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?28844-DPS-Testing-(All-results-will-vary-based-on-weopon-level-and-perks)&highlight=chart

touc
04-11-2013, 01:04 PM
I notice no difference in pvp from the weapon nerfs. I'm still getting 2-shot by players using shotguns/other weapons and it's very boring. I would like a rating system or something so I'm not constantly match-made with the same players using the easy-mode pvp weapons.

Cavadus
04-11-2013, 01:06 PM
I notice no difference in pvp from the weapon nerfs. I'm still getting 2-shot by players using shotguns/other weapons and it's very boring.

These changes are from a patch notes draft for a patch that is allegedly being deployed on April 15th.

jnt
04-11-2013, 01:07 PM
I notice no difference in pvp from the weapon nerfs. I'm still getting 2-shot by players using shotguns/other weapons and it's very boring. I would like a rating system or something so I'm not constantly match-made with the same players using the easy-mode pvp weapons.

But the character progression is horizontal! How could you be at a disadvantage?!?

Maybe they should make separate queues for shotgun pvp.

Ralifur
04-11-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm surprised the sawed off is getting a damage nerf. You can only shoot it a couple times a minute and need to be an arms reach away from your target in order to get more than 25% of your pellet spread on them as it is.

I have a sawed off which shoots only 2 pellets. both pellets do about 1940 dmg and with my talents I am doing about 2200 on one shot. thats 4400 dmg.

My crosshair is very small. Aka there is barely any spread. I have hit targets quite far away since again there is only 2 bullets coming out of this one and not 12 like many others. The problem is that you can shoot quite far distances with them and still do max dmg.

Nonetheless nerfing the dmg is not the right way to go. they shoulda added more spread.

AntTony917
04-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Based on previous MMOs, "tuning" could mean nerfing as well.

well shoot, i hope not. I would think they would mention that like they did about dmg reduction with shottys and launchers

*fingers crossed* I just got a beast purple LMG

Ralifur
04-11-2013, 01:15 PM
well shoot, i hope not. I would think they would mention that like they did about dmg reduction with shottys and launchers

*fingers crossed* I just got a beast purple LMG

As all LMGs apart from Saw is kinda crap in the dmg department I am rather sure they will get a buff in a way. The saw will be the one taking the nerfbat and getting its firing rate reduced as those are the ones u find from FRC. :-)

My guess is the LMG u got is also a SAW.

Have no fear tho. I actually dont mind a lesser fire rate. The dmg is still hardcore on those beasties

04-11-2013, 01:21 PM
R.I.P Sawed-Offs in PvE.

touc
04-11-2013, 01:27 PM
But the character progression is horizontal! How could you be at a disadvantage?!?

Zero disadvantage. However, I just find that having the ability to 2-shot in PvP creates a horrible experience. If this is what PvP is supposed to be like, then so be it.

SYN BLACK XS
04-11-2013, 01:31 PM
No surprise on the sawed off being nerfed due to its following on PvP, I had no clue where the infector nerf came from though...

Seems pretty weak as it is. Love em, but just saying

04-11-2013, 01:33 PM

Have you tried a Sawn Off in PvE?

I share the very same sentiment for those...

Corvinna
04-11-2013, 01:35 PM
It also has the highest damage of all LMGs and is currently the highest DPS weapon in the game.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?28844-DPS-Testing-(All-results-will-vary-based-on-weopon-level-and-perks)&highlight=chart

The problem is...that chart assumes you never miss, and hold down left click, something the SAW can only do point blank or on very large targets. With the trade off of horrible recoil, it had better actually be good at something. So perhaps rather then nerf this weapon, they should look into things like the blast rifle...which does a whole 40 damage per round, and is probably the worst weapon in the game.

VOT Blast Rifle
DMG 40
Fire Rate 15
Mag 50
Reload 3
Crit Mult 1.1
Bloom 0.40

Also, he is missing the weapon that I believe to actually be the highest dps weapon in the game.

FRC Sub-Carbine
DMG 233
Fire Rate 18
Mag 40
Reload 1.5
Crit Mult 1.5
Bloom 0.15

Using his formulas, it has a DPS of 4194, and dps + reload of 2516, which beats the SAW. But then again, thats in a perfect world where you never miss and can keep firing without fear of getting hit. DPS charts are nice and all, but shouldn't be used as the sole method of deciding if something is OP or not.

There are some situations where the SAW is very ineffective and just about anything else is better. Everything should have strengths and weaknesses. The only problem is, so far, some weapons just have a pile of weaknesses. The SAW right now is the only LMG that feels like an LMG. The EMC LMG is basically just a gimped assault rifle, with slightly lower damage and fire rate. An actual assault rifle tends to outperform it. And then you have the burst fire votan LMG which is like...112 damage a round. Not sure the point of that one...its not even that accurate with its burst fire, and the damage is plain awful. And its weapons like these that should be fixed, so they actually have a purpose and then we may finally see people using all the weapons that exist in this game, rather then a select few.

And a final note...the other LMGs should just be buffed. It greatly annoys me when something is nerfed, while the gimp ones are left as is. Quite a few weapons in this game just have no place right now, and I would rather see those improved.

Kerry
04-11-2013, 02:15 PM
No surprise on the sawed off being nerfed due to its following on PvP, I had no clue where the infector nerf came from though...

I agree with this, their homing is the only aspect makes them remotely useful.

I wonder if they will change the description text in the infector that's described as being an anti-sniper weapon with 35+ homing lock on rating.