PDA

View Full Version : Nerfing rollers is not the answer.

Vikar
04-11-2013, 11:16 AM
To the point: I respect that Trion is responding to the massive player QQ about the use of rollers in arkfalls, but a flat nerf to their durability is not the answer. It's their strongest point, especially the Challenger models which lack sustainable boost. I drive a Challenger precisely because it's good at mowing things down on the highway, and because, unlike most other vehicle types, it -doesn't- explode the second it collides with a single tough mob. Runners are more nimble and the Duni Shetarru is better for off-roading, which leaves top speed (by a very narrow margin)and durability as the Challenger's hallmarks.

While I understand that a fix more specific to arkfalls would be more difficult to implement and likely take more time, and the volume of QQ on the topic is deafening, I really hope I don't lose the one thing that makes the Challenger my favorite ride in the game.

CapN CooK 420
04-11-2013, 11:19 AM
I read the patch notes and don't remember seeing this. Only thing about vehicles I saw is that leveling a vehicle up will gain you ego

Salvador
04-11-2013, 11:21 AM
you must have missed it because i saw the nerf to and was upset. just switched from a runner to a duni yesterday, will be switching back today.

jetah
04-11-2013, 11:37 AM
they are reducing the shield. I'm not sure if the shield = durability or not.
also if you hit a monarch in an arkfall the roller is destroyed (i assume this for any class of vehicle).