PDA

View Full Version : Ever felt cheated online?

OcelotKharn
03-07-2013, 06:54 AM
Anyone have any story's about times where they've felt cheated while playing games? Not necessarily people cheating to beat you but even in game bugs.

For example

I was playing on Dark Souls and I had capped my level at 125 so i had 4.4 million souls on this character and on a run into the catacombs to see the blacksmith an odd bug happened where I fell through the floor in to darkness and was falling for about a minute then died, went back to pick up my souls they were gone... Raging was an understatement lol

rathb18
03-07-2013, 07:00 AM
Anyone have any story's about times where they've felt cheated while playing games? Not necessarily people cheating to beat you but even in game bugs.

For example

I was playing on Dark Souls and I had capped my level at 125 so i had 4.4 million souls on this character and on a run into the catacombs to see the blacksmith an odd bug happened where I fell through the floor in to darkness and was falling for about a minute then died, went back to pick up my souls they were gone... Raging was an understatement lol

Don't worry, IDK what system your playing on but on PC you can't even play the damn game without a controller and even then the game barely works. Good thing I didn't pay for it because I played about 10 min and uninstalled and deleted the ISO afterward because how horrible of a console port it was. Heck without mods the max res for us was only 720p and low res textures but luckily our dedicated mod community fixed that for us in a few hours after release.

OcelotKharn
03-07-2013, 07:08 AM
I play it on xbox mate, from day one the pc versions had some issues and I hear alot of people still get alot of bugs etc. The xbox version has its faults but most of them you dont notice, except when u go to Blight town and its lag central

Grebo Greyblade
03-07-2013, 08:27 AM
Fable 3...at launch my god i had to restart the story about 3 times each getting almost half way through the game due to the amount of bugs that was in that game.

Grey
03-07-2013, 10:48 AM
I was playing Tomba 2, about to kill the final boss and my save corrupted

Katronia
03-07-2013, 11:38 AM
SW:TOR by EA... Gutting the dev team and turning it into a cash shop, where I was one of the loyal players that played from early beta. Its so Cartel Market orientated now I don't even want to play even though I just paid a 6 month sub.

Dragon Age 2- After having hours of fun on DAO I was expecting the same type of game then EA/Bioware released that crap as a sequel! It was an insult.

Grey
03-07-2013, 01:25 PM
SW:TOR by EA... Gutting the dev team and turning it into a cash shop, where I was one of the loyal players that played from early beta. Its so Cartel Market orientated now I don't even want to play even though I just paid a 6 month sub.

Dragon Age 2- After having hours of fun on DAO I was expecting the same type of game then EA/Bioware released that crap as a sequel! It was an insult.

Dragon Age 2....I just it was Mass Effect with swords, and I wish that the melee would have carried over to ME3 in some form but the way the butchered that game made me cry

Defy
03-07-2013, 06:17 PM
I had a character gotten corrupted in Borderlands

TR GunPlay
03-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Cheated online? Like with another girl? O_o

Defy
03-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Cheated online? Like with another girl? O_o

No cuz geeks like us dont have girlfriends

UmbrusNightshade
03-07-2013, 08:38 PM
The two games that cheated me the most ever were: 1) Fallout 3 and 2) Fallout: New Vegas.

I play on PS3. The bugs in Fallout 3 were so bad that I could never finish the game. As for Fallout: New Vegas I beat the game twice but that was after countless times were I'd have gotten a lot of progress (but forgot to save) and the game decided it was going to freeze on me.

Those two experiences as well as the massive way that Bethesda put Sony players on the backburner for Skyrim DLC has made me an avid Betheseda naysayer.

DJTrig
03-08-2013, 03:28 AM
For bugs the fallout games rule.The second to last AC gave me a weird glitch,must have been about 80% in with all side stuff done to that point.I then had a freeze up but thought nothing of it since the game had just auto-saved.When i loaded back up it would instantly freeze my system when i loaded my save,was enough to put me off the whole series (not even rented the new one).

For actual cheating,i have played all the CODs so 'nuff said.

Kleptobrainiac
03-08-2013, 05:19 PM
The worst feeling of being cheated by a game, in my personal experience, was the feeling I had after spending 2 days with my preordered collectors edition of FFXIV.

'nuff said.

A s0t
03-08-2013, 05:31 PM
The two games that cheated me the most ever were: 1) Fallout 3 and 2) Fallout: New Vegas.

I play on PS3. The bugs in Fallout 3 were so bad that I could never finish the game. As for Fallout: New Vegas I beat the game twice but that was after countless times were I'd have gotten a lot of progress (but forgot to save) and the game decided it was going to freeze on me.

Those two experiences as well as the massive way that Bethesda put Sony players on the backburner for Skyrim DLC has made me an avid Betheseda naysayer.

this has to be proof that Bethesda hates PS3 and (Skyrim dlc). Come to the dark side of xbox and cross game chat, halo, and gears of war, $60 usd a year, say goodbye to MAG and uncharted, and god of war and free subscription unless you have ps+
kinda wish uncharted was on xbox

UmbrusNightshade
03-08-2013, 09:39 PM
this has to be proof that Bethesda hates PS3 and (Skyrim dlc). Come to the dark side of xbox...

I have nothing against the gamers on the Xbox (well most of them), but for my own reasons I absolutely hate Bill Gates and his company. And I don't like the whole "pay twice to play online" model. I'll stick with Sony and just boycott Bethesda.

A s0t
03-08-2013, 10:32 PM
I have nothing against the gamers on the Xbox (well most of them), but for my own reasons I absolutely hate Bill Gates and his company. And I don't like the whole "pay twice to play online" model. I'll stick with Sony and just boycott Bethesda.

oops i forgot to mention ps home, well you could get Skyrim on pc

OcelotKharn
03-09-2013, 03:54 AM
Im actually playing through New Vegas again right now, I bought all the DLC and then only played 2 of them lol, but yea so far Ive had a bug where I blow up a warhead in the divide and literally everything blows up, including me and im like 50 meters away lol