PDA

View Full Version : Performance loss since patch - low GPU Usage

Hollywood
04-11-2013, 11:25 AM
Reference thread here :

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?7918-Performance-in-game-suddenly-worse-made-no-changes

It's happening again, exactly as before.
Unfortunately this time, the 'fix' or what may have fixed it no longer works.

I also noticed my card never breaks 46% usage. Granted the game isn't THAT taxing, however I do remember it working harder previously.

Anyone else notice a sudden hit?

Hollywood
04-14-2013, 11:06 AM
Reference thread here :

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?7918-Performance-in-game-suddenly-worse-made-no-changes

It's happening again, exactly as before.
Unfortunately this time, the 'fix' or what may have fixed it no longer works.

I also noticed my card never breaks 46% usage. Granted the game isn't THAT taxing, however I do remember it working harder previously.

Anyone else notice a sudden hit?

I solved this by doing an uninstall/reinstall, then placing the these four files/folder from the "live" folder, back into the Defiance directory(obviously saving them before the uninstall) before running the patcher:

-Wad (folder)
-DefianceStartup.log
-Log.log (you may or may not have)
-manifest.txt

The patcher then required 170mb worth of files and it was up to date.

When entering the game the performance had returned.

Misjah
05-11-2013, 04:55 AM
That is just not a proper solution, but thanks for sharing.

Azumi RM
05-11-2013, 05:18 AM
You would need to post your spec.
Remember, a lot of main stream gaming companies keep up with something called "Planned Obsolescence" for hardware and software specifications. I am not sure if Trion do or not.
This is when the piece of software will run not only based on the specification of the machine but also on the age of the hardware and software (up to date or not). If a certain company is following planned obsolecense then their game will purposely slow down on older hardware (even if the hardware is capable of running it better) in order to eventually force upgrades. Keeping hardware manufacturers in business. It also depends on if you have updated your operating system. It's an effective anti-piracy measure for windows to request that certain "problems" occur with games if the operating system is not up to date. Updating your OS , if you run a pirate copy, will effectively stop it working correctly and require a license.
I don't remember exactly how it goes but I know there is a circle in which each company helps the other out in order to keep the money flowing. Otherwise we would all still be on hardware from 2 years ago.

Defy
05-11-2013, 10:07 AM
I haven't noticed any difference

mikegonzalez2k
05-11-2013, 10:51 PM
I am too. During beta I had absolutely no lag. Now I get really laggy days, and other no lag whatsoever.
The times it lags the most for me is really late at night or at peak hours. I assume one of two things. They are running background tasks attempting to fix something. Secondly, the peak times suggest their servers cannot handle the traffic that well. They become highly unstable during high population. I guess they need to work that out more in stress testing.