PDA

View Full Version : Synergy mods

antmeyerx
04-11-2013, 11:44 AM
I've bought 5 synergy mod boxes within the last few hours i got all brutal mods, and one incinedary converter, is it me or does it seem almost impossible to get canoneer or veteran?

KonnecT
04-11-2013, 11:48 AM
No it's not just you. Everyone I know on PSN has alway's got Brutal except one guy that got Run N Gun.

jveilleux31
04-11-2013, 11:56 AM
I've bought 5 synergy mod boxes within the last few hours i got all brutal mods, and one incinedary converter, is it me or does it seem almost impossible to get canoneer or veteran?

just capped my keycodes and bought 4 synergy mod boxes with em and all run n' gun or brutal plus the 10+ i've bought since launch and ALLLL the same 2 types.. i'm 1100 ego rating would LOOOOOVE a response to one of these threads about the LACK of any other mod types...

KonnecT
04-11-2013, 12:04 PM
just capped my keycodes and bought 4 synergy mod boxes with em and all run n' gun or brutal plus the 10+ i've bought since launch and ALLLL the same 2 types.. i'm 1100 ego rating would LOOOOOVE a response to one of these threads about the LACK of any other mod types...

I don't think it's that important really. The lockbox is broken with a host of other things but they rather nerf guns instead.

"You wasted how many keycodes? You did? Well sir you know that it's random but we will look into it. Maybe if you purchase the boxes with real money you might have a better chance."

antmeyerx
04-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Just kind of frusterating when i wanna mod out orange detonator i got thats sweet but i dont have the correct mods

Facade
04-11-2013, 09:18 PM
I thought when you bought one of those synergy mod boxes it was supposed to give you 2 mods with some sort of synergy. Is this not the case? I've only bought 3 of those boxes but only 1 had 1 mod that had a synergy with it and the rest were just regular mods.

Tincata
04-12-2013, 01:55 AM
I've bought 6 synergy boxes, all the mods have been brutal also.

mushinwolf
04-12-2013, 02:10 AM
Yup, i'd like an official reply/explanation for this. Would love some mods other than 'Brutal'..

Baron_Blunder
04-12-2013, 02:13 AM
Agree that everything seems to be stuck on Brutal. Wondered if that was an Ego rating restriction... only offering the worst mod synergies to new characters to encourage levelling?

antmeyerx
04-13-2013, 03:08 AM
Yup, i'd like an official reply/explanation for this. Would love some mods other than 'Brutal'..

I very much agree with this some sort of spread sheet or official post would be nice.

blood soaker
04-13-2013, 05:07 AM
I am trying to even understand these mods. I got oranges that many will soon be needed I figure why not add mods with synergy! But I can not confirm that the synergy even has to match up. I'm sure if you stack them they work better but I just figured synergy was like an enchant. Not that the mods had to work in synergy with the same type. I probably now have to destroy all these mods I got the last few days just because the do not equall the same as gun. Or perhaps 2 brutals stack on top of the guns natural synergy. I figure its like a spell working in synergy with the gun. I could be wrong. I come out high ranked in Arkfalls but with the gun nerfs I will have to rethink my strategy lol. It was nice having constant corrosive damage without needing a trigger. My best Arkfall gun will lose a fire rate at that! Who knows what the heck will happen to my Orange Rockets and no mag additions? That makes rockets actually fun! I guess in the "future" all progress in weapons gets nerfed I don't know. But this is another fun part of MMO's. Everything that works in our favor breaks. They gotta give the other player types a chance to actually deal equal damage. ((Shrug))

antmeyerx
04-13-2013, 09:36 AM
I am trying to even understand these mods. I got oranges that many will soon be needed I figure why not add mods with synergy! But I can not confirm that the synergy even has to match up. I'm sure if you stack them they work better but I just figured synergy was like an enchant. Not that the mods had to work in synergy with the same type. I probably now have to destroy all these mods I got the last few days just because the do not equall the same as gun. Or perhaps 2 brutals stack on top of the guns natural synergy. I figure its like a spell working in synergy with the gun. I could be wrong. I come out high ranked in Arkfalls but with the gun nerfs I will have to rethink my strategy lol. It was nice having constant corrosive damage without needing a trigger. My best Arkfall gun will lose a fire rate at that! Who knows what the heck will happen to my Orange Rockets and no mag additions? That makes rockets actually fun! I guess in the "future" all progress in weapons gets nerfed I don't know. But this is another fun part of MMO's. Everything that works in our favor breaks. They gotta give the other player types a chance to actually deal equal damage. ((Shrug))

Well an example would be my situation with the synergy mods...

My Detonator that i got from a t4 box has canoneer on it, meaning there is a [1], [2], [3], [4] effect on it, so for the barrel, sight mag and stock to get all 4 effects of the canoneer mod, doesn't matter what the synergy mod is on it will all have the same effect BUT depending on the actual mod aside from synergy it could have something different( ie: one can have a +2 mag the next tier might have +4) but the synergy will always remain the same.

This is what i have learned from synergy mods throughout the last week though i have yet to figure out where to get veteran or canoneer..

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-13-2013, 09:40 AM
That particular lock box is broken, yes. However, if you go to the different Enterprises stores, such as Echelon's for instance, there are synergy mod boxes that you can buy of a particular synergy. There's one at Top Notch Toolworks and the VBI vendor. I'll have to list the others when I get home tonight.

JagerMyk
04-13-2013, 09:40 AM
so put it up under the complaints/dev section or something other than general where it will be buried by later. imo that is if you want a dev to see it. good luck Defiance Lifer ~mJ~

M00N
04-13-2013, 09:43 AM
try this post!

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?27431-Synergy-List&highlight=scopes%2Fsights

antmeyerx
04-13-2013, 10:34 AM
True, yeah its a known problem because a lot of people are complaining, there has been no official confirms with the missing synergys

bonecollector
04-13-2013, 12:14 PM
I don't think it's that important really. The lockbox is broken with a host of other things but they rather nerf guns instead.

"You wasted how many keycodes? You did? Well sir you know that it's random but we will look into it. Maybe if you purchase the boxes with real money you might have a better chance."

well i get brutal but most of all i get run n gun for pistols alot more than anything... and im over 500 and have yet to see or get a orange weapon lol..

DeMoted
04-13-2013, 12:19 PM
I have 8 legendary guns 0 mods that fit any of those guns.
1. Finding a legendary- Difficult
2. Finding a mod that is the same synergy- Right now near impossible
3. Finding the synergy match but is for shotguns and you need it for assault rifle - People will probably start quitting the game