PDA

View Full Version : Physical pre order

Celke
03-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Hi all,

I've got a question regarding pre order and since I didn't found any answer trough faq and other info here I thought I just ask it.

So, I've seen that there are pre order bonusses if you pre order digital, now I pre ordered a physical collector version at the local gameshop here, now I don't recieved any code or what so ever (I remember when I pre ordered physical gw2 I got a code and my account was listed as pre order).

So does this mean that I will not recieve any pre order bonuses due I pre ordered a physical edition?

IGears
03-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Hi all,

I've got a question regarding pre order and since I didn't found any answer trough faq and other info here I thought I just ask it.

So, I've seen that there are pre order bonusses if you pre order digital, now I pre ordered a physical collector version at the local gameshop here, now I don't recieved any code or what so ever (I remember when I pre ordered physical gw2 I got a code and my account was listed as pre order).

So does this mean that I will not recieve any pre order bonuses due I pre ordered a physical edition?

yes, you will get the pre order bonuses...

Celke
03-07-2013, 09:18 AM
yes, you will get the pre order bonuses...

So the system will detect that I got pre ordered the game when I will add it after launch?

Giving, the copy I will recieve after launch date in EU.

Akkibenben
03-07-2013, 09:28 AM
When I pre-ordered at gamestop there was a preorder code at the bottom of my receipt which said something to the effect of "Please visit www.defiance.com/start and enter this code. Which will flag your account for "pre-ordered"

Celke
03-07-2013, 09:38 AM
When I pre-ordered at gamestop there was a preorder code at the bottom of my receipt which said something to the effect of "Please visit www.defiance.com/start and enter this code. Which will flag your account for "pre-ordered"

Hmm, weird.

When I pre-ordered guild wars 2, I had to pay 10 euro and I got a pre order key wich I added to my account and I got pre order added in my account(beta and in game goodies), when the game launched I then had to pay the amount of the game - 10 euro wich I payed alrdy.

I didn't had to pay anything, he just added my name on the "pre-order" list of Defiance ...

I gues I go to him and ask him about this Saturday.

Dekar
03-07-2013, 10:04 AM
When I got Borderlands 2 preordered from gamestop, I got the game, AND a piece of paper with a code. That code unlocked all the fun stuff. That's probably how this will work.

kdalts
03-07-2013, 10:52 AM
I just also pre-ordered... where/how can I get into Beta?

Halcyon
03-07-2013, 10:56 AM
I just also pre-ordered... where/how can I get into Beta?

If you have a key, enter it. If you preordered on Trion, you're set. If you preordered on Steam, it's unknown. You will need to wait for an email with your invite depending on the above.

Enrg Bar
03-07-2013, 11:25 AM
@Celke this happened to me when i got my ultimate edition at gamestop i did not get code first time. i went in next day explained i did not get the code stateing i preordered and needed it for the beta also. the lady was kind enough to print me out a code. next two times i went in to get 2 more copies the code was on receipt!

Sledgehammer70
03-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Your pre-order bonus content codes will be given to you when you pick up your game. You should have gotten your BETA access code on your receipt when you pre-ordered.

Enrg Bar
03-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Hey sledge :) hows your day goin? i replied to your PM.

Celke
03-07-2013, 06:13 PM
I'll chek again Saturday for the code then.

Thank you for the replies.

Celke
03-09-2013, 10:52 AM
SO, I just come home from the shop ..

He told me that he doesn't have any codes or what so ever, told me he's going to call the supplier where he get all the games from for this but ..

Any else has this problem?

I am from Belgium btw ..

Desidus
03-09-2013, 11:48 AM
SO, I just come home from the shop ..

He told me that he doesn't have any codes or what so ever, told me he's going to call the supplier where he get all the games from for this but ..

Any else has this problem?

I am from Belgium btw ..

Yeah some people have been having trouble with codes... if the problem persists make sure you send a message to trion support as they have been helpful to people with supplier company problems.

Celke
03-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Yeah some people have been having trouble with codes... if the problem persists make sure you send a message to trion support as they have been helpful to people with supplier company problems.

Ok, I will do that but the thing is I do not have any reciept either ..

I just said "I would like to pre order Defiance physical collectors edition" and the shop keeper added me to the list (I am the 6th) now when I asked him for any code or reciept he said He doesn't have any code's himself, but I am guaranteed to get a Collectors physical copy when he will get them.

So, not sure what to say to trion support as I cannot proof anything with reciept of purchase or anything.

Desidus
03-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Ok, I will do that but the thing is I do not have any reciept either ..

I just said "I would like to pre order Defiance physical collectors edition" and the shop keeper added me to the list (I am the 6th) now when I asked him for any code or reciept he said He doesn't have any code's himself, but I am guaranteed to get a Collectors physical copy when he will get them.

So, not sure what to say to trion support as I cannot proof anything with reciept of purchase or anything.

Did you pay for the game?

If you didn't then you didn't preorder you just reserved a copy. It's wierd that this would happen though as most game stores know the difference.

Strontium Dog
03-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Have to say for some reason most people on game forums assume Digital Pre-Order= Internet, Physical Order= Go into shop.

In reality most folk ordering a physical order (in UK anyway) will order online. So we have no receipt to have code on ;p ( and good luck trying to get likes of GAME UK to send email with code, NEVER happens they just ignore you lol)

But we always get pre order codes with those copies even though no money has changed hands pre launch.They usually come in the box :)

suicd3grunt
03-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Like I literally just got back from pre-ordering defiance at Gamestop. I got it for the xbox, and at the bottom of the receipt it says "thank you for pre ordering DEFIANCE! Activate your bonuses by redeeming the code below at defiance.com/start." And i just did that. My only question is how I will be able to play the beta when it's announced for consoles.

Desidus
03-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Have to say for some reason most people on game forums assume Digital Pre-Order= Internet, Physical Order= Go into shop.

In reality most folk ordering a physical order (in UK anyway) will order online. So we have no receipt to have code on ;p ( and good luck trying to get likes of GAME UK to send email with code, NEVER happens they just ignore you lol)

But we always get pre order codes with those copies even though no money has changed hands pre launch.They usually come in the box :)

Yes online is different and honestly I never even thought of that since she mentioned going to the store I assumed she went instore to do the preorder.

Celke
03-09-2013, 02:52 PM
For Guild Wars 2, I whent to the store (it's a gamestore), and I said to the guy, I would like to pre-order Guild Wars 2 collectors edition. I payed him 10 EURO and he gave me a little box with guild wars 2 pre order key inside (beta, head start, pre order goodies, etc), when guild wars 2 was launched I whent back to the gameshop to get my collectors box and then I payed the price for it - 10 euro wich I payed alrdy.

Now for Defiance, I whent to the gamestore and I said I would like to pre-order collectors edition for Defiance, (I was the 6th) he said ok I added you to the list, now I whent there back today and asked him about this and he told me he did not got any beta key's to hand out but he can pre-order game for people (he showed me that thingie on his pc for of his supplier). He's going to call his supplier for this monday but yeah ...

I am a bit lost as I cannot talk to trion about this since I did not payed or got any code or reciept or whatsover.

I would pre order it online but I just would like the physical goodies ..

Exes
03-09-2013, 02:54 PM
For Guild Wars 2, I whent to the store (it's a gamestore), and I said to the guy, I would like to pre-order Guild Wars 2 collectors edition. I payed him 10 EURO and he gave me a little box with guild wars 2 pre order key inside (beta, head start, pre order goodies, etc), when guild wars 2 was launched I whent back to the gameshop to get my collectors box and then I payed the price for it - 10 euro wich I payed alrdy.

Now for Defiance, I whent to the gamestore and I said I would like to pre-order collectors edition for Defiance, (I was the 6th) he said ok I added you to the list, now I whent there back today and asked him about this and he told me he did not got any beta key's to hand out but he can pre-order game for people (he showed me that thingie on his pc for of his supplier). He's going to call his supplier for this monday but yeah ...

I am a bit lost as I cannot talk to trion about this since I did not payed or got any code or reciept or whatsover.

I would pre order it online but I just would like the physical goodies ..

How are you lost? hes talking to the supplies on monday, wait for it.

Celke
03-09-2013, 03:22 PM
How are you lost? hes talking to the supplies on monday, wait for it.

Defiance will hit next month and he still hasn't got any info on it, he didn't even got a date of when he would get the copies from his supplier ..

Thee Apothecary
03-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Defiance will hit next month and he still hasn't got any info on it, he didn't even got a date of when he would get the copies from his supplier ..

maybe you should check but hopefully it arrives on time for you and all seems like the eu crowd keeps on growing

Celke
03-09-2013, 03:51 PM
maybe you should check but hopefully it arrives on time for you and all seems like the eu crowd keeps on growing

I remember when I got RIFT .. He only got 3 collectors edition's at launch time, nothing else, took more then a week before other people got thei're games also the normal edition that was pre-ordered by people.

Haven't really got any isues with other games, I hope it's just a cooincidence (excuse my spelling) and that it won't happen with defiance (same company).

LokeN47
03-09-2013, 03:57 PM
dose anyone no if the live stream beta code's work for xbox?

Thee Apothecary
03-09-2013, 04:18 PM
I remember when I got RIFT .. He only got 3 collectors edition's at launch time, nothing else, took more then a week before other people got thei're games also the normal edition that was pre-ordered by people.

Haven't really got any isues with other games, I hope it's just a cooincidence (excuse my spelling) and that it won't happen with defiance (same company).

could you try ordering online collectors edition ?

Celke
03-09-2013, 04:56 PM
could you try ordering online collectors edition ?

I can, if it allows paypall that is, though I was able to buy rift game time trough trion using paypall so I don't think there will be a problem.

I gonna wait till monday to see what he'll see, it's just because I like a box and the extra "physical items".

Extreme Rugburn
03-09-2013, 05:01 PM
I live in the US and I preordered Defiance at Gamestop (put $35 down) on 2/24/13 and did not receive a code on the receipt. I just went in today and told the sales representative that I did not get a code and gave him my receipt. He looked it up and said they just got the codes on 3/04/13, which is why my receipt didnt have one. He then printed a code for me.

Thee Apothecary
03-09-2013, 05:04 PM
I can, if it allows paypall that is, though I was able to buy rift game time trough trion using paypall so I don't think there will be a problem.

I gonna wait till monday to see what he'll see, it's just because I like a box and the extra "physical items".

im ashuming his store is paying to use gamestop logo so he is seen as lesser than a full branch so has to wait longer for stock

A s0t
03-09-2013, 05:06 PM
I live in the US and I preordered Defiance at Gamestop (put $35 down) on 2/24/13 and did not receive a code on the receipt. I just went in today and told the sales representative that I did not get a code and gave him my receipt. He looked it up and said they just got the codes on 3/04/13, which is why my receipt didnt have one. He then printed a code for me.

sales representative lol i call them "the morons behind the counter with less knowledge of the game i want to get"; but i think there is something in the water of this small town

IGears
03-09-2013, 07:27 PM

your gamestop is terrible. i reserved mine in January and i got a code.

Celke
03-10-2013, 01:44 AM
im ashuming his store is paying to use gamestop logo so he is seen as lesser than a full branch so has to wait longer for stock

I never ever got problems with any games, I go there for everything and every pre order before has always been succesfull.

I just got it with 2 games wich was Rift +2years ago when it came out and now with Defiance..

You could say it's his problem but the thing is he has zero problems with other gamesm it's just weird that it only happens with trion worlds games. :/

But I do think it's something with the supplier of him.

Celke
03-19-2013, 11:01 AM
So..

Some time has passed, I got final answer of the supplier of him and they said they have no codes, if I whant to play beta I should register for it on official site they said..

I said yes ok, but what about the pre order in game items and they said there is no such a thing for Defiance ...

So, I just gonna cancel it and pre order online then..

That said, I have been to 7 diffrent game shops in diffrent towns and they all said they do not have any pre order codes for Defiance.

Something wrong for EU or specially Belgium? Ok if 1 company has issues but all these game shops?