PDA

View Full Version : If there where guild/faction/clan bases

Thee Apothecary
03-07-2013, 11:01 AM
So wouldnt it be cool that at some point we got bases for are groups so a group could take locations upgrade them etc, they would be attack occassionly by npc's trying to throw it out of there hands and other player could attack it and take it for there own.

The owners could add defences like turrets to defend it and it could make a quite big enviroment as these areas you could make give bonus's for being held only one area per group, so it would be desirable to take but also defend them.

Enrg Bar
03-07-2013, 11:04 AM
So wouldnt it be cool that at some point we got bases for are groups so a group could take locations upgrade them etc, they would be attack occassionly by npc's trying to throw it out of there hands and other player could attack it and take it for there own.

The owners could add defences like turrets to defend it and it could make a quite big enviroment as these areas you could make give bonus's for being held only one area per group, so it would be desirable to take but also defend them.

That would be cool but idk how exactly they would pull that off because the world is pve the only way to get into pvp is to que. but that would definately make the came more interesting in some aspects lol.

Thee Apothecary
03-07-2013, 11:06 AM
That would be cool but idk how exactly they would pull that off because the world is pve the only way to get into pvp is to que. but that would definately make the came more interesting in some aspects lol.

well it could be that you que for a battle i guess or something i dont know

Dead_Phoenix
03-07-2013, 11:13 AM
i suppose it wouldnt be amazingly hard...

do a pvp arena, large-ish maybe 20vs20 (big enough to be fun but not to big smaller guilds couldnt handle it). before round starts guilds can buy resources for there base, extra turrets, extra siege equipement etc.

round starts and both team have to play a game of regicide or capture the flag, from the enemys base.

make it a guild only style war.

Enrg Bar
03-07-2013, 11:15 AM

do a pvp arena, large-ish maybe 20vs20 (big enough to be fun but not to big smaller guilds couldnt handle it). before round starts guilds can buy resources for there base, extra turrets, extra siege equipement etc.

round starts and both team have to play a game of regicide or capture the flag, from the enemys base.

See now that sounds interesting and extremely fun expecially for the pvp hardcore fans!

Kantazo
03-07-2013, 11:15 AM
If the game and the TV series have common grounds I would see this idea as a possibility, anyways the game is based on Defiance city that has to be defended against mobs, so maybe clans could own or "defend" certain sectors in the city

Archangel
03-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Not that hard to do if they made it into a PVP que map.

Just have a map where its capture and defend. One guild or clan gets a chance to sit in a castle or fort, maybe gets to decide where to place turrets and landmines. Then the opposing clan can make an assault. Go best 2 out of 3 giving both sides the chance to defend and attack.

Its not like the clans need to build their own base from the ground up. Make it a structure with fall back points. Lets say the clan breaks through the perimeter. Then You need to defend the 1st floor and entry points of the building. Then lets say that gets breached. Move to the second floor to hold and make it harder to breach. Then finnaly make a roof top or 3rd floor that has to be held and is the hardest to breach.

Do this and you can que up clan matches all day.

mushinwolf
03-07-2013, 11:18 AM

This is a pretty good idea and probably not overly hard to do compared to some ways. Maybe the victors of the match/s could have that area/territory designated in their colours....until they are challenged by another guild!

Thee Apothecary
03-07-2013, 11:28 AM
if its was 3 rounds vo why would you be defending if you failed to take it if you where assaulting maybe if it was the inital assault if you lose you lose if you take it you have to defend from a counter attack

TR GunPlay
03-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Sounds exactly like the Armored Core V system