PDA

View Full Version : Daredevil is exclusive title? What?

lemieux
04-11-2013, 01:22 PM
On the blog it states:

Exclusive Launch-Only In-Game Title: Daredevil

I'm lost? I was in beta and played launch day with the Ultimate Edition form Gamestop? Not sure how I could be anymore exclusive then that?

Was there another way to get this title?

Nepumuk
04-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Did you restart and check your claim in-game?

Krazee DD
04-11-2013, 01:31 PM
I have read this s a few times. Could you try and re-state what you are trying to say?

Zodiac
04-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Maybe only a hand-full of players received it. Exclusive not inclusive.

Armoredslayer
04-11-2013, 01:44 PM
I preordered from Game Stop the UE edition, I didn't get Daredevil as a title but did get another title. Today I picked up one of the boxes and inside the box I did get that title Daredevil.

Russ
04-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Not sure what the score is here,I've got it, but someone is saying on a different post that its some kind of reward for sticking with Trion through all this nonsense...but as I said to that, that's like a burglar stealing your TV but leaving you a mars bar. Doesn't really compare.

NO PULSE
04-11-2013, 01:51 PM
See the community blog post: http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/11/i-think-our-relationship-could-use-some-boosts/

Krazee DD
04-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Not sure what the score is here,I've got it, but someone is saying on a different post that its some kind of reward for sticking with Trion through all this nonsense...but as I said to that, that's like a burglar stealing your TV but leaving you a mars bar. Doesn't really compare.

HAHAHAHA! Thats the worst analogy ever.

More like the burglar came to your house every night around 8PM took the TV till 1AM over and over for a week, then over the weekend comes back with the TV and says "this now has a week of HBO, im not taking anymore".

Russ
04-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Depends on your view point....what Trion are pretty much saying here is 'Sorry the launch is rough, (It's an mmo, in all fairness anyone who wasn't expecting a rough launch obviously hasn't played one before, but I digress) and sorry the game isn't what we advertised it as, but here, have a load of arbitrary stuff that really makes no difference to anything at all! And be grateful about it!'

ZzzonkedShnib
04-11-2013, 02:08 PM
it's basically a "Thank you" from Trion for sticking with them while they sorted out all the bugs from launch. it should also come with some boosts, people are saying it'll take a few hours for everyone to get em

Krazee DD
04-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Depends on your view point....what Trion are pretty much saying here is 'Sorry the launch is rough, (It's an mmo, in all fairness anyone who wasn't expecting a rough launch obviously hasn't played one before, but I digress) and sorry the game isn't what we advertised it as, but here, have a load of arbitrary stuff that really makes no difference to anything at all! And be grateful about it!'

What did they advertise it as thats different?

I knew exactly what I was buying. Its like WoW giving me a week of playtime because the Cata servers were down all week.

Russ
04-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Without going too far into it, this could end up being one hell of a long thread if we discussed it at length, that's just keep it short and sweet, and allow me to direct your attention to the back of your Defiance box....you will see "Vast World, Vast Content"....as I say, that is just the shortest version of this discussion.

Krazee DD
04-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Without going too far into it, this could end up being one hell of a long thread if we discussed it at length, that's just keep it short and sweet, and allow me to direct your attention to the back of your Defiance box....you will see "Vast World, Vast Content"....as I say, that is just the shortest version of this discussion.

Dang thats a bummer you feel it doesn't have enough content.

Compared to a shooter it has WAY MORE content. Compared to other MMOs it falls short.

Still I think it was advertised as stated (in advertising so im crucial about it).

Ill chalk it up to "This game wasn't your cup of tea". I see where you're comin from, but I will argue however that a weeks worth of boosts is an adequate compensation for launch week woes.

drshaawn
04-11-2013, 03:13 PM
The game is what i pretty much expected in terms of what it was supposed to offer. To me they were just under prepared server-wise. They should of done beta testing months before, gradually uping to population to like 100,000. then doing the math to see where their servers capacity was. Granted there would of been issues (like most popular mmo's week 1) but they would of been better prepared to handle them. As far as the "gift" for sticking it out....it's crap. People who bought either the limited or ulitimate editions, are still getting screwed. We paid for boosting that we are not getting back. Im glad that they are at least giving everyone something for their "sticking it out" but what about the 3-5 days that was paid for that we couldn't use? We would of gotten the 1 week boost gift with the regular version. Interesting to see if they do something for LE and UE owners.

Pain
04-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Wait, so with the title is it only those who've played since launch that get it? I'm confused.

duction
04-11-2013, 03:17 PM
no everyone gets it, some have it now and some have to wait as roll out is a slow process.

Pain
04-11-2013, 03:19 PM
no everyone gets it, some have it now and some have to wait as roll out is a slow process.

Why'd they say "launch exclusive" then?

duction
04-11-2013, 03:20 PM
because its exclusive for the launch? lol

drshaawn
04-11-2013, 03:21 PM
once you get it keep checking your claim area and boost area to see if you have all your boost going. don't want to be missing that!! :)

ItISLupus
04-11-2013, 03:22 PM

So, you weren't one of the people crying out to Trion to give them stuff because of a rough launch?

I honestly could care less, the boosts will be welcome. the title will sit there until I decide I want to use it . and I'll go back to happily playing this game.

ItISLupus
04-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Why'd they say "launch exclusive" then?

meaning any character made after today will not receive it(possibly account and not character)

NeoMorph
04-11-2013, 03:25 PM
OK I'm confused... I only got Defiance yesterday and I got Daredevil today.

ItISLupus
04-11-2013, 03:28 PM
OK I'm confused... I only got Defiance yesterday and I got Daredevil today.

see above post

Shy420
04-11-2013, 03:34 PM

Except the burglar will never return your tv. Defiance had and has issues that will eventually be resolved. Sure it's annoying but anyone who has participated in the opening days of an MMO are very familiar with these little hic ups .

Maybe because I'm older and have learned to be patient but this isn't so bad.

Russ
04-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Oh you misunderstand, Shy, I've played plenty of MMO's at launch, its not the rough opening that bothers me, that in itself is to be expected.

Russ
04-11-2013, 03:58 PM
So, you weren't one of the people crying out to Trion to give them stuff because of a rough launch?

I honestly could care less, the boosts will be welcome. the title will sit there until I decide I want to use it . and I'll go back to happily playing this game.

No, I wasn't, why on earth would you assume that? Because I've dared to criticize? Nice one.

winterforge
04-11-2013, 04:29 PM
Any account activated before 4/11/13 gets the title, any account activated after does not as far as I know. Also:

" *Although gift has been applied it might take time to properly activate on your account because of caching. "

Bad Instincts
04-11-2013, 04:30 PM
one question - i received the title in the claim items area but not the boost is supposed to be that way ?

winterforge
04-11-2013, 04:32 PM
one question - i received the title in the claim items area but not the boost is supposed to be that way ?

Were the boosts auto-applied? Look up to the left of your EGO level and shield/health bar.

Bad Instincts
04-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Don't know but i'll try that as soon as i get online again. Thanks for the tip.

Thanx4tehfish
04-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Dang thats a bummer you feel it doesn't have enough content.

Compared to a shooter it has WAY MORE content. Compared to other MMOs it falls short.

Still I think it was advertised as stated (in advertising so im crucial about it).

Ill chalk it up to "This game wasn't your cup of tea". I see where you're comin from, but I will argue however that a weeks worth of boosts is an adequate compensation for launch week woes.

Sure it has more content if you want to throw it up against a COD type linear shooter. But put it up against an open world shooter like Borderlands or Far Cry or even Fallout and I think you will find it lacking

loken
04-11-2013, 05:05 PM
lol and here i though my new title was for all those crazy jumps I've been doing

Slay
04-11-2013, 05:19 PM
Not sure if you're complaining about a bad compensation or wondering why you didn't get it, horrible word choice.

llShadow_Kingll
04-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Yeah, i just got my email just now with the extras, of course i was not complaining about the launch it's an MMO i know it would have some problems for a couple of weeks. So far trion has done a great job keeping us informed about the issues. This is just basically a sorry for the screw up kind of thing.

With this kind of support this game is only going to get better and better

Ambei
04-11-2013, 05:23 PM
My friend also got this bonus, Where as I didn't. I've played more than him, Also activated my game earlier than him, So I've made a ticket about it. Pritty disapointed to be honest.

llShadow_Kingll
04-12-2013, 08:55 AM
i think there sending these emails to every player, so with that amount of emails there are sending out, it might take some time.

Arctic Fox
04-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Ok, I got the title Yesterday and the buffs are auto applied and last 7 days. I got an email later that day, quite some time after I claimed the title just explaining what it was and why they did it. but that's been covered by a lot of people on here already