PDA

View Full Version : We Want Stronger Weapons!!

HeyOMEGA
04-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Don't get me wrong I love the game but come on really I'm sure a lot of people are getting sick and tired of seeing the same damage on all the weapons, no matter how rare it is and no matter what ego level you are the damage remains the same.

Russ
04-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Dude, there's like a million posts about this. Dating back over a week...since launch.

HeyOMEGA
04-11-2013, 02:08 PM
Dude, there's like a million posts about this. Dating back over a week...since launch.

Yeah and that was at "Launch week".

Russ
04-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Yeah but its been over a week since launch ;)

HeyOMEGA
04-11-2013, 02:20 PM
I sure hope they release stronger weapns and better weapon mods soon :(

Russ
04-11-2013, 02:22 PM
So does (at a rough estimate) 80% of the player base.

drshaawn
04-11-2013, 03:00 PM
sorry but if you read the latest blog/ release in the patch notes they are actually dumbing down a lot of weapons and the damage they do. sad i know. i agree with you though.

boosted gear
04-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Im cool with the weapon structure I have read round alot and got a good understanding.

To me it feels fresh some games were fun with mini nuke hand guns :) had a blast lol blast... gun yeah but I like how defiance is different and is handling it in a different way.

Its just a different type of progression.

Unsent Soul
04-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Im cool with the weapon structure I have read round alot and got a good understanding.

To me it feels fresh some games were fun with mini nuke hand guns :) had a blast lol blast... gun yeah but I like how defiance is different and is handling it in a different way.

I agree completely. This is not borderlands where you need ARs doing thousands of DMG. Aim for the head or weak spots, it almost doubles your DMG.

Edit: also, 80% of the playerbase??? Your full of it, that's for sure. 80% of the playerbase isn't even on these forums, just a minority.

ItISLupus
04-11-2013, 03:31 PM
So, you want guns that are stronger, that barely take half a clip to down someone in pvp as is. In a game where your health barely increases at all(one perk to add 75hp per point)

GodSpark
04-11-2013, 03:33 PM
The weapons are fine as they are. Just because you don't see big obvious increases in the base damage does not mean there is no progression.The increases are subtle, and the mod system allows for plenty of customization and optimization. The system works for the type of game Defiance is.

Hiero Glyph
04-11-2013, 03:37 PM
So does (at a rough estimate) 80% of the player base.

I guess that means 80% of the player base has no concept of balance.

If you want crazy overpowered weapons every single level then go back to Borderlands.

Russ
04-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Balance...You mean in pvp, correct? Since when was PVP the only aspect of an MMO? The pvp on here is inferior compared to many MANY shooters on the market at the moment, shooters which aren't trying to claim to be MMO's.

BootLeg
04-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Don't get me wrong I love the game but come on really I'm sure a lot of people are getting sick and tired of seeing the same damage on all the weapons, no matter how rare it is and no matter what ego level you are the damage remains the same.

if they do this you will come back later and complain about how "OMG everybody is using the SAME weapon in PVP blah blah blah" this is not Borderlands there is a reason for what they did yo balance the PvP....

Russ
04-11-2013, 03:46 PM
See above, bootleg.

Christ I'm really getting sick of people going on about pvp.

Rogue345
04-11-2013, 03:47 PM

This is how I think and I hope it stays the same for now.

SHAD0WEN
04-11-2013, 03:49 PM
i do think that epic and legendery should have more damage or more effects added to them other then that its fine

GodSpark
04-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Balance...You mean in pvp, correct? Since when was PVP the only aspect of an MMO? The pvp on here is inferior compared to many MANY shooters on the market at the moment, shooters which aren't trying to claim to be MMO's.

No, honestly PvP is the least of the issues regarding the games balance. There is map balance as there would have to be level based zones to compensate for increasing damage. There is balance between players, no more playing with your freind who is a higher EGO than you. There is the seemless co-op balance, on the main missions, sidequests, roadside missions, world missions, and Arkfalls.

All of that will be shot to hell if the weapons damage increased at the rates people suggest. In other words, you want to trade everything that makes Defiance unique so you can feel a fake sense of growth.

BootLeg
04-11-2013, 03:51 PM
See above, bootleg.

Christ I'm really getting sick of people going on about pvp.

Well unless they give us specific load outs for PvP they should leave it just how it is.... PvP is a big aspect of this game so DEAL WITH IT

Rogue345
04-11-2013, 03:52 PM

The game would be broken in pve if you add more gun damage... This is not WoW you do not have a zone for every 5-10 lvl's if they did that the already easy to kill mobs would be way 2 pathetic. And even if the game was like WoW's gear progression what would it matter? you basically do the same % of damage, the numbers are just bigger.

Russ
04-11-2013, 03:55 PM
I know what you're getting at, Godspark, but I really cannot agree with you. As it stands, someone with 10 days playtime virtually the same as someone with 10 hours playtime, whos virtually the same as someone whos got 10 minutes playtime. There is NO advantage. (There is, but its so bloody tiny its not even worth going into). As it stands, there is no reason to go to san Francisco. May as well just farm mutants. Think about it, think about your first mutant, and then compare your first mutant to end boss.....would you REALLY expect to be able to take them both down with the same weapon?

fang1192
04-11-2013, 04:30 PM
I know what you're getting at, Godspark, but I really cannot agree with you. As it stands, someone with 10 days playtime virtually the same as someone with 10 hours playtime, whos virtually the same as someone whos got 10 minutes playtime. There is NO advantage. (There is, but its so bloody tiny its not even worth going into). As it stands, there is no reason to go to san Francisco. May as well just farm mutants. Think about it, think about your first mutant, and then compare your first mutant to end boss.....would you REALLY expect to be able to take them both down with the same weapon?

Yes. Bullets are bullets, and one bullet going through someones skull has the same result as another bullet going through someone elses skull.

And OP, you want stronger weapons not we.

alienoid
04-11-2013, 04:40 PM

Well, if farming is your goal, yes you can live in Mount Tam forever. Though I think the writers of the game have something like a story running in the background and I might be wrong but I think they want us to actually play through the story arc rather than Rambo everything on sight.

Wynce
04-11-2013, 04:43 PM
I like the fact weapons don't get crazy strong. I invest much more time than all my friends in every MMO we play, because I get addicted, and then if I want to play with them, I just end up one shotting everything near them.

Doesn't happen with this. Also, it makes finding a weapon that has a slight edge over another a much more big deal.

Russ
04-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Yes. Bullets are bullets, and one bullet going through someones skull has the same result as another bullet going through someone elses skull..

So then why doesn't EVERY serviceman in EVERY army, government sanctioned or not, in EVERY country just use a 9mm and NOTHING else? Sorry, doesn't work.

tinytina
04-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Why? The content isn't hard. You want to be able to 1 shot everything? Where is the fun in that? IMO they need to make the game harder, not easier.

Wynce
04-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Why? The content isn't hard. You want to be able to 1 shot everything? Where is the fun in that? IMO they need to make the game harder, not easier.

Ah Tiny Tina. Second best character! Only Mr Torque beats her. :D I HAVE ONE QUESTION FOR YOU! EXPLOSSSSSSSSIONS?

But I agree. Harder would be the way to go, although sometimes I do get a run for my money from a bunch of elite dark matter guys. But even then it's like, oh well, I died. Time to go right back there and try again, because death has almost no repercussions.

RLStroud
04-11-2013, 05:16 PM
I actually like how the weapon system works, but I can also see how it might be boring to some. The thing is, I don't want to play anything where I have to try and farm for high level equipment to remain competitive.

I think that if anything they could possibly introduce new, but balanced, weapons at higher levels. Something that doesn't have the same fire rate or damage profile as the others, but that's still roughly equal. They would be unique and available only to those who want to put the time in to get them while not giving a huge advantage.

Slay
04-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Sorry, who's this 'we' you speak of?

Hiero Glyph
04-11-2013, 05:52 PM
So then why doesn't EVERY serviceman in EVERY army, government sanctioned or not, in EVERY country just use a 9mm and NOTHING else? Sorry, doesn't work.

You can't be serious?! Do you really think that a weapons and munitions company would sell to just anyone? Of course each country has its own manufaturer of weapons. Do you think North Korea or China orders weapons from the US? Do you think that the UK wants to pay the US for weapons it can manufacture itself? Each country has its own standards because of this. Besides, modern weapons are over 60 years old (since WWII) and many of these munition standards still exist today.

Dunnomatic
04-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Id like to see a the median EGO level of everyone who complains about the guns.

Theres not some huge difference but the weapons do progress. The level cap is 5000. Do you really want a game where you have badass weapons only 1/4 of the way "through the game?" I know that would make me lose interest very quickly
You dont even start getting blue weapons with synergies untill what EGO? 500 or even higher? Heck Im 854 and just started seeing enough synergy variants to start coordinating mods with matching weapons, etc.

The progression is going to be waaaaaaaay slow for people not wanting to grind the game, I completely agree but can people stop saying there is no progression or at least put it in conext of their EGO. This system isnt for everybody and may prove to be more time then its worth but before youre even close to capping lets hold off on saying what the game does or doesnt have or do.

T3CHN0Shaman
05-04-2013, 06:08 PM
No "we" don't!

Unsent Soul
05-04-2013, 06:23 PM

Gotta love the people that bring real life scenarios to a video game... Get real man, go play borderlands if your so power hungry.