PDA

View Full Version : 360 launcher/patcher?

droppinwobbles
03-07-2013, 03:40 PM
what do you think, will defiance use a inbetween patcher on 360 like FFXI does with playonline? it makes since to avoid MS update rollout costs, and it allows patches to bypass microsofts patch QA which sometimes takes forever. i REALLY hope it has a patcher.

xA5x
03-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Wow, Really..? Can you give me that in english, please...?

Nervusbreakdown
03-07-2013, 03:47 PM
I remember trion worlds said something that they have worked with ms on updates without the ms process. I also believe that ms have change their policy on Xbox live to cater MMOs

iiReLaX o
03-07-2013, 03:47 PM
They said they won't have to get their patches certified.

mushinwolf
03-07-2013, 03:53 PM

That IS good news!

Vuule
03-07-2013, 03:55 PM

Glad they won't. Sony/MS sometimes take far too long.

Probably can also expect hot fixes instead of patches.

droppinwobbles
03-07-2013, 03:55 PM
that is vary good news. thanks for the reply!

Defy
03-07-2013, 03:56 PM
am guessing it will be similar to FFXI

droppinwobbles
03-07-2013, 03:57 PM
if you happen to get some time, i would love a link to the post/video where they say that!

Nerdy Ryuu
03-07-2013, 04:24 PM
That is great , I really hope this info is true.

Tzar of kaos
03-07-2013, 05:09 PM
if you happen to get some time, i would love a link to the post/video where they say that!

Check on you tube : IGN "one hour with Defiance".

droppinwobbles
03-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Check on you tube : IGN "one hour with Defiance".
hmm i watched that whole vid and i didn't hear anything about being able to bypass MS QA, maybe i missed it.

Tzar of kaos
03-07-2013, 05:21 PM
You will need a Xbox live gold account,and you won't be able to bypass.But Trion deals with Microsoft (and Sony i guess) to get updates as fast as possible...and there will be a day 1 patch....

Vigilance
03-07-2013, 05:26 PM
This is a good question but I can only answer using my own speculation and logic. I assume minor patches will be applied via the Defiance servers directly though Trion Worlds rather than through 3rd party firmware, in other words, a strictly in game update. As for large scale patches and major content add-ons, I believe that 3rd party updates will be implimented through their own specific interfaces such as an Xbox 360 Dashoboard Update upon launching Defiance or a Playstation Home Screen Update prompt upon starting Defiance. All we can do is wait and see.

Nervusbreakdown
03-07-2013, 06:46 PM
This is good new for everybody because if they can do this then I am hoping they will make new MMORPGs for the consoles using the same formula.

droppinwobbles
03-09-2013, 02:08 AM
MMO's just require so many updates and so frequently i can't see MS or sony's QA EVER being fast enough. it just worries me. from my understanding a publisher/dev submits the update to microsoft and has no idea how long they might test it for.

I just think that to avoid problems and cut out the middleman.. it would be a vary good idea to use a launcher and do all possible patches thru that the way Square Enix does with FF11

Dead_Phoenix
03-09-2013, 03:20 AM
alot of changes/fixes will be server side. so it wont require patching so much.

thats how they are getting around alot of this

DEL
03-17-2013, 05:50 AM
Wow, Really..? Can you give me that in english, please...?

LOL whent over my head to

DEL
03-17-2013, 05:53 AM
alot of changes/fixes will be server side. so it wont require patching so much.

thats how they are getting around alot of this

right got that and thaks 4 your help with ark codes !!! :)

Major Nelson
03-17-2013, 06:10 AM
what do you think, will defiance use a inbetween patcher on 360 like FFXI does with playonline? it makes since to avoid MS update rollout costs, and it allows patches to bypass microsofts patch QA which sometimes takes forever. i REALLY hope it has a patcher.

basically when certification wasnt nede for a game developers could put malicous content into a games patch so thats why microsoft has to do it now. and certification can take up to a month depending on microsofts digression and traffic. but apparently for this game certification is skipped and is released when trionworlds releases it. this allows much much more advantages for this game. since certification is quite costly now trionworlds can release extra *free* game content like more weapons and vehicles types and basically have costant updates for this game allowing dynamic gameplay that coincides with the tv show.:cool:

DJTrig
03-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Thought i would wake this thread instead of making a new one.If Trion have a way round the certification process then why are there no patches on the console betas ?.If they can update when they need to would it not make sense to have applied some of those patches to show off a more solid build and kill some of the claring bugs still present in this build,and in doing so negate a lot of the complaint threads.

Jafo
03-23-2013, 03:00 PM
More than likely it will be like every single other patch/update ever released on the console. You boot up, it says there's an update, you apply it.