PDA

View Full Version : please dont

Wildbill
03-07-2013, 03:44 PM
please dont have server and game problems like EA does with Sim City 5. I dont think I can take another one of these in less then 30 days. I hope sim city gets better though. I mean I dont mind a few hick-ups and server issues that will always happen on release day. Spend the extra time on it even push back the release day. I would like to enjoy the game.

iiReLaX o
03-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Don't tell me these topics are going to start popping up.....

Rarodil
03-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Releases are never perfect. Expect lag and heavy traffic in the first couple days/weeks. I've yet to play an MMO release/expansion release where those were not true.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
03-07-2013, 03:49 PM
EA servers have always blown & Trion isn't EA. A Company that is this experienced in mmo's shouldn't have any major issues.

mushinwolf
03-07-2013, 03:51 PM
EA servers have always blown & Trion isn't EA. A Company that is this experienced in mmo's shouldn't have any major issues.

^This..TRION know what they're doing...have faith :).....and yes EA servers suck.

Defy
03-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Trion has MMO experience (Rift) so they know what to do

SGT Joe
03-07-2013, 03:55 PM
i Remember Rift Launch wasnt too bad .. lets hope it will go for the best on this one :)

lPATT
03-07-2013, 03:58 PM
every game i played online on day 1 had issue . it no big deal =)

droppinwobbles
03-07-2013, 04:00 PM

i wouldn't even worry about it. most MMO's have vary few server problems at launch. bugs are different thing entirely :D but even like Guildwars 2 which had a HUGE surge of people in opening night, just lost the microtransaction store for like.. 3 weeks, and a few other things.. but the game was still playable.

DarkKnyt29
03-07-2013, 04:00 PM
The day you stop playing the game for day one problems, then the hellbugs win!! Move ever forward!

duction
03-07-2013, 04:02 PM
i more worried about registrations going to plan :D

Tr3nch
03-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Releases are never perfect. Expect lag and heavy traffic in the first couple days/weeks. I've yet to play an MMO release/expansion release where those were not true.

Actually, Terra had a phenomenal launch. However, their game was out for well over a year in Asia so they already had it figured out.

Rift wasn't too bad..

TR GunPlay
03-07-2013, 04:03 PM
please dont have server and game problems like EA does with Sim City 5. I dont think I can take another one of these in less then 30 days. I hope sim city gets better though. I mean I dont mind a few hick-ups and server issues that will always happen on release day. Spend the extra time on it even push back the release day. I would like to enjoy the game.

Ummmmm, don't push back the release date lol. If you don't want to deal with the problems, if there are any, then wait a week before playing.

Tr3nch
03-07-2013, 04:04 PM
i wouldn't even worry about it. most MMO's have vary few server problems at launch. bugs are different thing entirely :D but even like Guildwars 2 which had a HUGE surge of people in opening night, just lost the microtransaction store for like.. 3 weeks, and a few other things.. but the game was still playable.

Yeah the AH was broke for what seemed like an eternity. But if that's the only major problem on a release of that caliber, then that is a very successful launch.

Desidus
03-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Actually, Terra had a phenomenal launch. However, their game was out for well over a year in Asia so they already had it figured out.

Rift wasn't too bad..

we will just have to see and give them a bit of leeway for the first little bit.

Dead_Phoenix
03-07-2013, 04:55 PM
you can never every guarantee a good launch. ever...

like i said its not what happens at launch, its how they deal with it after

Technodude
03-07-2013, 05:00 PM

This but then again anyone who has been playing MMOS for long time would already know this.

droppinwobbles
03-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Ummmmm, don't push back the release date lol. If you don't want to deal with the problems, if there are any, then wait a week before playing.
I TOTALLY AGREE.. DO NOT PUSH IT BACK lol!! i and many others can deal with bugs

Valethar
03-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Don't tell me these topics are going to start popping up.....

This isn't the first time someone has mentioned it. I saw a thread a week or so ago about the same thing.

The good news is, we're not dealing with EA, so we're not going to be screwed over by the suited drones in the Greed Collective.