PDA

View Full Version : my farming/weapon levelling spot

The Defiant One
04-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Hey guys just want to see how many of you use this spot too, I mostly use it to level my weapons and there is also a hulker at the end which can have nice drops, you will also get I think it is 4 keycodes after killing hulker. If you haven't guessed yet it is san Quinton prison, once you kill the hulker fast travel to shandi's consulate and drive back round to the prison and they all respawn. just a side note I am recording my results from lockboxes and so far I am seeing tier 2 has majority yellow, tier 3 has mostly blue with a fair amount of purple mixed in and tier 4 mostly purple and around 1 orange every 3-4 boxes, I will post all my results after I have purchased at least 50 of each type :)

CityFlex
04-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Thanks, nice to know. And all i buy is tier 4 and I have yet to even see an orange weapon.

Dahdii
04-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Where is prison exactly? I forgot :/

NalkorRN
04-11-2013, 04:16 PM

It's to the north east on a Penninsula, you go there for a story mission that introduces Dark Matter.

The Defiant One
04-11-2013, 04:17 PM

It is above shandi's consulate, the arm that kind of sticks out from the mainland right at the very end. So kind of far right in the middle I suppose. Kinda hard to explain lol.

Ikagawa
04-11-2013, 04:19 PM
It's to the north east on a Penninsula, you go there for a story mission that introduces Dark Matter.

http://guidescroll.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/defianceworldmapc.jpg

Stupid 10char bullcrap.

Exes
04-11-2013, 04:25 PM
http://www.etaew.net/defiance/maps.php

Think it's related. Makes for easier spotting as it shows the names of the areas.

ryu4000
04-11-2013, 04:41 PM
I use it myself sometimes also you don't have to fast travel i jump in my car and leave the place small distance and come back fast and easy.

Era
04-11-2013, 05:00 PM
If you just want to farm kills/damage to level weapons or get pursuits then the second part of the Big Stone Reach mission has infinitely spawning skitterlings that charge through a campable hole in the wall and respawn a group of 10 the a few seconds after the last one dies if you can be at the hole when you kill the last one of the group.

Exlor
04-11-2013, 05:09 PM
In the San Question mission, when the Hulker begins endless charging, die purposely and he resets to full health. It's the fastest way to lvl your weapons, but you don't earn kills or other rewards. It's best for lvling bmgs because they have awful dps against other mobs. You deal up to three times normal (not crit) damage against the upper body of a Hulker.

Ikagawa
04-11-2013, 05:11 PM
In the San Question mission, when the Hulker begins endless charging, die purposely and he resets to full health. It's the fastest way to lvl your weapons, but you don't earn kills or other rewards. It's best for lvling bmgs because they have awful dps against other mobs. You deal up to three times normal (not crit) damage against the upper body of a Hulker.

Or you could just finish the mission, get your rewards, then go and do what the OP said without having to waste scrip and continually gain item drops.

Exlor
04-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Bmgs level so slowly it's more efficient to get it over with as fast as possible. They work well against hunker but not that much against the normal mobs. It is a pain to go through the trash mobs all the time. If you want to earn scrip, items or keys, there are better venues for it than this mission.