PDA

View Full Version : Im in Limbo... Defiance for PC or Xbox 360

IGears
03-08-2013, 06:33 AM
I already pre ordered the Ultimate edition for the Xbox months ago and this week i just had an epiphany on building a new PC. So last night, i spent almost $800 dollars on PC parts online. Now,while waiting on the deliveries, I'm starting to feel like i need to get Defiance for PC... What should i do??

My Build: (I bought all of this last night, might of messed up on the Graphics card)

-AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU)
-ASRock FM2A85X Extreme6 FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
-Patriot Intel Extreme Master, Limited Edition 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000)
-ASUS HD7750-1GD5-V2 Radeon HD 7750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP
-Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
-Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM
-LG 24X DVD Burner - Bare Drive Black SATA Model GH24NS95
-COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M2 RS620-SPM2E3-US 620W ATX12V V2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified
-COOLER MASTER Elite 430 RC-430-KWN1 Black Steel / Plastic Computer Case

Dlusion
03-08-2013, 06:39 AM
Since its going to be one of the first TPSMMO's for console atleast 360 since its your choice.
Console MMO's are going to be pretty different unless you arnt excited for that change then stick with the MMO on PC itll be another MMO on PC like all the others which id find boring and I dont enjoy shooters on PC but yet graphics are a plus, until PS4 and 720 release around holiday season assuming both will, but bottom line its going to be a nice change to have a MMO FPS on console.

IGears
03-08-2013, 07:14 AM
Since its going to be one of the first TPSMMO's for console atleast 360 since its your choice.
Console MMO's are going to be pretty different unless you arnt excited for that change then stick with the MMO on PC itll be another MMO on PC like all the others which id find boring and I dont enjoy shooters on PC but yet graphics are a plus, until PS4 and 720 release around holiday season assuming both will, but bottom line its going to be a nice change to have a MMO FPS on console.

yep, its gonna be good to see on console.

Erayzor2k7
03-08-2013, 07:46 AM
I have both consoles and a neat PC. But i will play DEF on PC only. I liked my XBOX, but the GOLD is simply useless to me, and a waste of money. Thats why i only play on the PC now. And WAY better graphics too.
But its good for the consoloes and DEF, thats true!

Buruko
03-08-2013, 08:28 AM
While typically PC graphics trumpet consoles in the case of DEFI it is designed on older technology which won't give PC that much of an edge. If you watch the IGN vids for Xbox and then PC vids the appearances are identical, however it looks like the PC get a further draw distance. So to me the better graphics argument is moot.

I feel it boils down to play style or basically: mouse/keyboard vs controller. To me while the controller is supposedly less accurate and slower it feels more visceral and natural. And for the 3rd person action of DEFI I think it will be more enjoyable, not to mention the grab and go nature of Xbox live parties.

In the end it'll be up to you cause there is no right or wrong, but I'm going Xbox despite having a PC more than capable of running the game.

iChinglish
03-08-2013, 09:01 AM
PC, because my opinion is biased. In my opinion, it lends itself better to the PC style, but that's personal preference I guess (things like text chat and menu navigation are a lot faster and easier on the PC).

A s0t
03-08-2013, 10:38 PM
pc someone will make a photorealistic mod if they allow that type of thing

TR GunPlay
03-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Xbox, because it is the first of it's kind

Be a part of history

A s0t
03-08-2013, 10:48 PM
Xbox, because it is the first of it's kind

Be a part of history

there has been ff 11 on xbox and a cross xbox/pc game already

TR GunPlay
03-08-2013, 10:51 PM
FF 11 is not a third person shooter with a tv show tie in my good sir.

Grab an umbrella, it's raining cold hard facts up in here

A s0t
03-08-2013, 11:00 PM
FF 11 is not a third person shooter with a tv show tie in my good sir.

Grab an umbrella, it's raining cold hard facts up in here

good sir, it is an mmo game however

TR GunPlay
03-08-2013, 11:06 PM
All I have to say to that is...the beef is so undercooked it is EATING THE SALAD

Defy
03-08-2013, 11:18 PM
dunno just get it for the system you play more and feel more comfortable with

Grey
03-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Xbox 360 simply for the fact that nowadays it's my go to system, I don't mind paying my One year gold card every year, see what I did there? Every year, 12 months.

The reason I say that is simple, every PC an PS3 fanboy/girl think that Xbox owners have to BUY EVERYTHING, no, you can pay a simple amount every year and or buy multiple year cards and be fine for a long time.

And really I say 360 fot the fact you don't have to worry about system specs and buying better graphics cards and what not

IGears
03-09-2013, 02:59 AM
All I have to say to that is...the beef is so undercooked it is EATING THE SALAD

lol what?

Xbox 360 simply for the fact that nowadays it's my go to system, I don't mind paying my One year gold card every year, see what I did there? Every year, 12 months.

The reason I say that is simple, every PC an PS3 fanboy/girl think that Xbox owners have to BUY EVERYTHING, no, you can pay a simple amount every year and or buy multiple year cards and be fine for a long time.

And really I say 360 fot the fact you don't have to worry about system specs and buying better graphics cards and what not

Yeah, i know what you mean. I find the Xbox so simple to use and I have my gold account now for the past 7 years and really had no issues playing online. Also, I have met a lot of new people and friends playing on the Xbox. But, I really became a gamer first on PC. I played Counter-Strike for hours everyday when i was in the ninth grade. I don't know, i kinda miss playing on the PC. I'm most likely to get it on the Xbox just to be able to play with my friends. well at least the PC will give me time to hold back on next gen. consoles for a while.

Venidicio
03-11-2013, 04:55 AM
For your new rig.. PC!
FPS & TPS games are very comfortable to play with good ol' keyboard & mouse.

Odinswolf
03-11-2013, 05:20 AM
Since you spent the cash on new pc parts I'd get it on the pc and put your money to use

BleakPanther
03-11-2013, 07:49 AM
Biased xboxer says get it for xbox just to add to the community.

I am/was a pc gamer first and foremost but recently bought an xbox just so I can keep my work and play separate. Turns out I kind of enjoy the simplicity of picking up my controller and playing with minimal concern for my hardware. Still have a gaming pc that I built last year but its pretty much become the home server for our entertainment stuff and my wife's emergency work computer.

Moose Of Woe
03-11-2013, 08:02 AM
I don't personally think you can go wrong with either one. As someone with a half decent pc myself* I'm going with Xbox since my girlfriend's old laptop might struggle with Defiance.

Tower hardware aside, my monitor is pretty ghetto. However, if I wanted to I could just hook up my PC to my TV and get the same comforts provided by the Xbox. (Including an Xbox controller on the PC) Normally mouse/keyboard would likely be a better option for PC, but if I'm laying on my bed or sitting in a reclining chair the keyboard/mouse would be pretty uncomfortable to me.

Ultimately, I'd say just go where your friends are and what's the most comfortable to use.

*4.8Ghz 2600k
*More ram than Jesus' PC (32GB DDR3 @2133)
*580 GTX 3GB (Could be better, but not terrible)

IGears
03-11-2013, 10:36 AM
*4.8Ghz 2600k
*More ram than Jesus' PC (32GB DDR3 @2133)
*580 GTX 3GB (Could be better, but not terrible)

Intel?
Why so much Ram
the 580 is pretty good especially the 3gb memory. i wish i spent more money on mine. but i can always upgrade later.

deltaman42
03-11-2013, 10:47 AM
just pre-orderd the collecters edition for the 360 from game today.there hasnt been a proper MMO since final fantasy XI back in 2006.

Moose Of Woe
03-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Intel?
Why so much Ram
the 580 is pretty good especially the 3gb memory. i wish i spent more money on mine. but i can always upgrade later.

An Intel processor, yes.

Why so much Ram? Good question - considering most things need eight GB tops lol! Also 32GB takes up all 4 DIMMS which keeps me from overclocking to 5.0ghz. All that ram maxing out my MOBO makes it impossible to get stable at anything over 4.8ghz.

Regardless, I just felt like splurging. Besides, think of all those DIRTY MOVIES one can watch at once! 8GB DDR4/DD5 will no doubt be better than the 32GB I have now, but at least my capacity will still be up the wazoo.

And yes, the 580 is pretty decent. I do have it overclocked a bit so it can get a bit hot (68-72 degrees or so) and is LOUD AS SIN when the fan cranks up. The 600 series are a lot more quiet, plus I could always go liquid cooling on the card but that gets kinda pricey. I'll probably just wait for a 700 or 800 series card which will no doubt run as cool and quiet as the 600's if not more so.

Before I do anything, though, I need to dump the default Dell monitor/mouse/keyboard and maybe pick up a SSD as well.

IGears
03-11-2013, 12:53 PM
An Intel processor, yes.

Why so much Ram? Good question - considering most things need eight GB tops lol! Also 32GB takes up all 4 DIMMS which keeps me from overclocking to 5.0ghz. All that ram maxing out my MOBO makes it impossible to get stable at anything over 4.8ghz.

Regardless, I just felt like splurging. Besides, think of all those DIRTY MOVIES one can watch at once! 8GB DDR4/DD5 will no doubt be better than the 32GB I have now, but at least my capacity will still be up the wazoo.

And yes, the 580 is pretty decent. I do have it overclocked a bit so it can get a bit hot (68-72 degrees or so) and is LOUD AS SIN when the fan cranks up. The 600 series are a lot more quiet, plus I could always go liquid cooling on the card but that gets kinda pricey. I'll probably just wait for a 700 or 800 series card which will no doubt run as cool and quiet as the 600's if not more so.

Before I do anything, though, I need to dump the default Dell monitor/mouse/keyboard and maybe pick up a SSD as well.

yeah i was looking hard at the SSDs and i just cant get over the price and gb size of them. but my buddy was telling me that his OS is up and running in like 10 sec or something for turning the computer on.

Moose Of Woe
03-11-2013, 01:18 PM
yeah i was looking hard at the SSDs and i just cant get over the price and gb size of them. but my buddy was telling me that his OS is up and running in like 10 sec or something for turning the computer on.

Yup - solid state drives are pretty, well, solid. :D

ser_ulrich_stark
03-12-2013, 05:06 PM
I preordered the Ultimate Edition on the Xbox 360. However, my PC engine is pretty much dead. Someday, when I have the capital, I will build myself a new one.

lutheran
03-12-2013, 09:45 PM
ask your friends what theyll be playing on and if you can agree pick one

kirix
03-13-2013, 06:14 AM
as a pc gamer PC ftw.

i prefer shooters on PC due to how easy it is to aim with high end gameing mice. and i prefer a keyboard.

just play on what ever you want and dont use "friends" as an excuse as there will be so many ppl online u can just make new friends and not depend on your current friends to do stuff.

Buruko
03-13-2013, 11:24 AM
as a pc gamer PC ftw.

i prefer shooters on PC due to how easy it is to aim with high end gameing mice. and i prefer a keyboard.

just play on what ever you want and dont use "friends" as an excuse as there will be so many ppl online u can just make new friends and not depend on your current friends to do stuff.

Yes, leave your friends, forget them. You can always make new ones! Wheee! lol

Maeka
03-13-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm sticking with PC. Hope you decide which you prefer soon!

IGears
03-13-2013, 01:12 PM
lol i finally got all my part yesterday and spent all night building it and alot of updating still to do.

Korben Reynolds
03-13-2013, 05:17 PM
I say go PC. You don't have to worry about Gold, you can choose to play with either keyboard/mouse or an Xbox controller, and you'll have plenty of hard drive space for downloading all the DLCs and (hopefully) future expansions.

Plus, who knows what will happen to the Xbox community once Microsoft releases the new console in the next year or so.

Maurodax
03-14-2013, 07:55 AM
Well, i might come off as a ****** by saying this but.. i personally can't understand the charm of playing FPS on a consol, everytime you're gonna shoot someone it's always; "a little bit more to the right.. a little more.. a little more.. GOD DAMMIT! TO MUCH! GHAA!" and then i move it back a little bit left, and by that point, my target has moved.

So yeah, i think/belive that you can't play shooters properly, don't get me wrong, some people are very good, it's just that I can't do it.

So for me, it's PC, but to each his own. Not to mention you will have greater reaction time with a PC than with an XBox imo.

Hope this doesn't come off as too rude :S

IGears
03-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Well, i might come off as a ****** by saying this but.. i personally can't understand the charm of playing FPS on a consol, everytime you're gonna shoot someone it's always; "a little bit more to the right.. a little more.. a little more.. GOD DAMMIT! TO MUCH! GHAA!" and then i move it back a little bit left, and by that point, my target has moved.

So yeah, i think/belive that you can't play shooters properly, don't get me wrong, some people are very good, it's just that I can't do it.

So for me, it's PC, but to each his own. Not to mention you will have greater reaction time with a PC than with an XBox imo.

Hope this doesn't come off as too rude :S

lol no, you're not. i know exactly what you mean. When i play CoD on the Xbox with the standard aim assist when you bring up your sights, Im always alittle to far to the right all the time. my accuracy in all the Cods I have played have been around 14 - 18 percent and this also can be seen in my K/D. (better accuracy, better ratio). My computer is build now and when i get off work i hope to get my PC skills up by playing some Counter-Strike.