PDA

View Full Version : What is your build?

RHA Defiled
04-11-2013, 07:42 PM
So I see people crying about the weapons being nerfed or doing the same amount of damage regardless of level, which I understand that not many people know what a true "build" is and how it much more interesting and challenging than just acquiring the best gun in the game. Come on people, take a second to look at the perks and go for a build that fits you. That being said, what are your builds!?

I am going for a berserker kind of build, overcharge EGO, high damage, long duration, and low defense! I focus mainly on increasing my duration through constant kills!

K Bleezy
04-11-2013, 07:49 PM
I've been going for a "tankish" build, with overcharge, with the thick skinned, fortitude, cellular armor and regeneration perks.

RHA Defiled
04-11-2013, 07:50 PM
I've been going for a "tankish" build, with overcharge, with the thick skinned, fortitude, cellular armor and regeneration perks.

That's cool, I think you can make some really cool builds if you try! I see some great combos to come!

Vikar
04-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Blur, focusing mainly on maxing out duration and recharge (22 second duration now, up from the original 8), focusing mainly on single target burst with melee damage bonuses and a pump action shotgun. I work the perimeter of engagements, thinning out the herd so I can go on a Vampire Speed™ rampage once they're separated enough for me to start sprinting from enemy to enemy.

If I'm doing co-op or just working in tandem with another ark hunter, then I get to abandon all pretense of subtlety and just go straight to flanking the enemy and ripping apart their back ranks.

Combat shotgun for sustained DPS, using a Berzerker right now, whenever I run into something that doesn't die in the time it takes for me to smack it and shoot it once.

RHA Defiled
04-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Blur, focusing mainly on maxing out duration and recharge (22 second duration now, up from the original 8), focusing mainly on single target burst with melee damage bonuses and a pump action shotgun. I work the perimeter of engagements, thinning out the herd so I can go on a Vampire Speed™ rampage once they're separated enough for me to start sprinting from enemy to enemy.
I can tell you've played some mmo's before
If I'm doing co-op or just working in tandem with another ark hunter, then I get to abandon all pretense of subtlety and just go straight to flanking the enemy and ripping apart their back ranks.

Combat shotgun for sustained DPS, using a Berzerker right now, whenever I run into something that doesn't die in the time it takes for me to smack it and shoot it once.

I can tell you've played some mmo's before haha

Vikar
04-11-2013, 08:00 PM
I can tell you've played some mmo's before haha

Been doing this a long time, yeah. >.>

Greywolf
04-11-2013, 08:04 PM

Same kind of build here, no regen tho, I have a 50% HP regen shield that also activates after 3 seconds with 40% recharge per second, so its pretty tanky.

Watch my movies in my signature if you want an idea of how I play, taking down the big guys with a pistol and high crits all the way baby awww yeah :)

RHA Defiled
04-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Same kind of build here, no regen tho, I have a 50% HP regen shield that also activates after 3 seconds with 40% recharge per second, so its pretty tanky.

Watch my movies in my signature if you want an idea of how I play, taking down the big guys with a pistol and high crits all the way baby awww yeah :)

That's insane lol

Greywolf
04-11-2013, 08:19 PM
That's insane lol

Yeah, everyone is a doubter until they see it in action. Wolfhound Pistols are intense, haven't even got a +4 mag on that one, they can go up to a 20 round clip and 500% crit dmg, falloff dmg is bad but they are great for crit spots and burning stuff fast, you learn weak spots fast and exploit them. I use the 15% shield regen on critical kill perk also, makes your dps count towards your survival.