PDA

View Full Version : Solstice Strike WHAT A Mess

OneBadClown
12-28-2018, 04:01 PM
I'm going to try to keep cool while I type this.
Volge the get stuck and you aren't able to finish round.
Volge get stuck in mtns and bridges.
With their flying "thingy" aren't even facing you getting hit.
Rubber banding so hard you can't hit'em.
The genius turn and face your enemy. Problem you can neither reload
or get mobbed by 6-8 Viscera's. Again your immediate death.

I've been playing 4 1/2 years & this is the worse I've seen it. Never mind
newer "clannies" can't play or give up.
I sure hope this isn't the Gamigo runs things. They were doing better before the event.

Back to my whiskey LOL.

Swing Ninja
12-28-2018, 07:02 PM
Some people complaint about being mobbed in SS, and some people complaint about other people using Poultromancer for mob control in SS.

Decoy303
12-29-2018, 12:28 AM
I don't even go to the events and either lag out and DC, the rubber banding is atrocious and using explosive weapons (I use a t6 syphon can dyn salvo Ang T6 ID dyn salvo) and end up blowing myself from the rubber banding. Luckily I have a LIP shield and I use a reciprocative perk to get my revive back to not have to extract, because let's face it, extracting could usually does lead to a disconnect. Also with no holiday boosts I rely on my patron which I honestly feel after all the crap we had to put up with from Trion that patron benefits and bonuses should be freely given to all of us. But the reason these events are even more atrocious is for the simple fact they turn these events on where in the past they were patched in and even later tweaked to fix the problematic issues these events now cause. You're not complaining you're voicing your passion for a game we love even with all the bs. It just sucks that they continue to lie and mislead this community. While fully going and expecting us to Shell out money for certain bits of gear or bonuses that help to make an enjoyable experience.

OneBadClown
12-29-2018, 10:30 AM
I'm speaking of '13. Is '50 better or worse or..?
I haven't played '50 for at least a month and half.
Don't think I'll ever play it again.

Valani
12-29-2018, 12:22 PM
Guess this is why the Volge & Afflicted never had their own standard Majors... Viscera's & Hulkers rubberband a lot, have high chances of getting stuck behind walls... Yes, makes sense now that we can see the results.

ShadowJack
12-29-2018, 02:05 PM
Being a new kid on the block (since August) i have a different perspective from you old pros. I enjoy the SS event and have adopted tactics to suit conditions in the field. Once i realized how much agro i draw and the tendency of the Viscera's to get stuck i turn it to my advantage. Try to lead them, sometimes 8 or 10 at a time (more the merrier), into choke points or barriers then unleash hell with my mass cannon. I can sometimes unload 2 full mags before i have to skedaddle. I can do a crap ton of damage in short bursts. I load up on explosive damage mitigation so i often don't take any downs. If i go down more than once its due to a tactical error on my part. I don't have any supreme or special items, my cannon is an epic and i consistently score top 4 just by doing the final round. Like they say in the USMC ... improvise,adapt and overcome.

Funny about the Hulkers like at Kenn Farm ... when they get stuck against a building. I always thought they were just tired and taking a blow. They are such damage sponges i figured they must have SIPA or some other immunity to pain.

Chump Norris
12-29-2018, 09:33 PM
Have only seen a Viscera get stuck in a rock twice in 2050, it was the same place both times but I was able to shoot the rock with Poultromancer and spawn turkey inside the rock to kill it.

Decoy303
12-30-2018, 06:29 AM
Always sucks when people lead the enemies way the **** outside the perimeter of the circle. That's typically what causes enemies getting lost inside inanimate objects.

OneBadClown
12-30-2018, 07:30 AM
Being a new kid on the block (since August) i have a different perspective from you old pros. I enjoy the SS event and have adopted tactics to suit conditions in the field. Once i realized how much agro i draw and the tendency of the Viscera's to get stuck i turn it to my advantage. Try to lead them, sometimes 8 or 10 at a time (more the merrier), into choke points or barriers then unleash hell with my mass cannon. I can sometimes unload 2 full mags before i have to skedaddle. I can do a crap ton of damage in short bursts. I load up on explosive damage mitigation so i often don't take any downs. If i go down more than once its due to a tactical error on my part. I don't have any supreme or special items, my cannon is an epic and i consistently score top 4 just by doing the final round. Like they say in the USMC ... improvise,adapt and overcome.

Funny about the Hulkers like at Kenn Farm ... when they get stuck against a building. I always thought they were just tired and taking a blow. They are such damage sponges i figured they must have SIPA or some other immunity to pain.

Please define choke points".In '13 Vascera's go right thru objects. In fact my sludge doesn't
seem to effect them.

ShadowJack
12-30-2018, 11:37 AM
Please define choke points".In '13 Vascera's go right thru objects. In fact my sludge doesn't
seem to effect them.

The barriers that are scattered throughout the battle field are sometimes placed with enough room for a Vascera to pass between. Also had success at the Quarry between the rock formations and trucks. If they have passed through objects i haven't seen it. Perhaps because i was running like hell at those times. It looks to me as if they get stacked up or at least slowed down. I have seen them on occasion get stuck inside objects such as walls. I have never seen then pass through a building. Not saying it doesn't happen, i haven't noticed it.

I have never noticed a bio attack slow them down either.

ShadowJack
12-30-2018, 11:51 AM
Always sucks when people lead the enemies way the **** outside the perimeter of the circle. That's typically what causes enemies getting lost inside inanimate objects.

I have been guilty of that. Not intentional, strictly for survival and when i notice i have gone out of bounds i will lead them back in bounds. I much prefer that i am not the only one doing damage. I was always afraid that kills/damage while out of bounds might not count.

OneBadClown
12-31-2018, 12:57 PM
At water temple when it gets out of control I cross the water toward
the temple and shoot from there. It counts for score. When I used an
ammo spike they always manage to destroy it.

Decoy303
12-31-2018, 05:46 PM
I also have noticed sludge isn't effective against Viscera and Hulkers. However Incubators work great in keeping them slowed and even helps to create that bio glitch effect when mixed with other weapons that pump out bio and bio effects. Unfortunately Incubators do **** for damage. Just another weapon in Defiance that needs a major, and I mean MAJOR, buff.

Valani
12-31-2018, 05:48 PM
At water temple when it gets out of control I cross the water toward
the temple and shoot from there. It counts for score. When I used an
ammo spike they always manage to destroy it.

Speaking of spikes... I don't recall ever seeing in any of the past patch notes (2014 - present.) that spikes were gonna be easily destroyed nor would enemies become more aggresive when serious DPS is being dealt. I miss the glow effect they gave off, too. Clearly was a stealth nerf to spikes.
A lot of players tend to be stingy with spikes I've noticed, but when YOU drop yours few ft. away, here comes that player that lures any and everything to it. If only you got bonus points for doing so...

OneBadClown
01-01-2019, 12:44 PM
I've tried to "hide" mine behind ark wreckage and they still hit my
ammo spike. Like almost immediately.