PDA

View Full Version : A Complaint(in progress no doubt)

Kitterfly
04-11-2013, 08:40 PM
The guns at times make PvP EXTREMELY one-sided...

Firstly, shotguns. Seriously, I am sick of being face-mauled by these one-hit wonders with their stealth power. You realize that it essentially gives them free kills? I mean how can you NOT miss when you're able to get so close, guaranteed, and kill anyone who isn't 'stealthing' at the time of(or shockingly didn't choose the power)?

I don't see the logic in allowing this power and weapon type to be combined. Let alone the fact that the power exists to begin with, what did they think people would choose?

Nine times out of ten, invisibility is the first and last answer!

Secondly, I'm getting like two-shot by the random player with a weapon that was apparently handed to him by some sort of heathen, digital god or goddess. There was one individual who would pop me twice, boom, dead, repeatedly with a semi-automatic styled weapon. It gets exhausting when this sort of thing happens and makes you wonder what the point of PvP is.

Gracing the battlefield with your lovely little random drop and showing just how backwards these fights can be? Not cool.

Maybe I'm being too hasty to judge but right now, I'm not really impressed. It doesn't help that PvE is a grind and doesn't offer much of an alternative. Shooting mechanics are surprisingly tight for an MMO but again, that loses its luster when beset on all sides by lackluster material.

FizzyMyNizzy
04-11-2013, 08:49 PM

Firstly, shotguns. Seriously, I am sick of being face-mauled by these one-hit wonders with their stealth power. You realize that it essentially gives them free kills? I mean how can you NOT miss when you're able to get so close, guaranteed, and kill anyone who isn't 'stealthing' at the time of(or shockingly didn't choose the power)?

I don't see the logic in allowing this power and weapon type to be combined. Let alone the fact that the power exists to begin with, what did they think people would choose?

Secondly, I'm getting like two-shot by the random player with a weapon that was apparently handed to him by some sort of heathen, digital god or goddess. There was one individual who would pop me twice, boom, dead, repeatedly with a semi-automatic styled weapon. It gets exhausting when this sort of thing happens and makes you wonder what the point of PvP is.

Gracing the battlefield with your lovely little random drop and showing just how backwards these fights can be? Not cool.

Maybe I'm being too hasty to judge but right now, I'm not really impressed. It doesn't help that PvE is a grind and doesn't offer much of an alternative. Shooting mechanics are surprisingly tight for an MMO but again, that loses its luster when beset on all sides by lackluster material.

really man. read the up coming patch 1.010. your whining has been heard from trion.

PS: game turning to be wow all over again. I wish Dev stop listening to whiners.

Kitterfly
04-11-2013, 08:55 PM
really man. read the up coming patch 1.010. your whining has been heard from trion.

PS: game turning to be wow all over again. I wish Dev stop listening to whiners.

Oh yes because rogues being able to indefinitely stun people in the earlier days of Warcraft was SOOOOO overly exaggerated by the "whiny" player base.

Get a clue, developers screw up balance. I'm not going to have weird crap like this happen and go, "That's okay. I deserved getting ran through by some scrub with shottie/invisibility--I shouldn't have PvP'd to begin with and avoided it, d'uh!" -_-

Grimno
04-11-2013, 08:56 PM
I use cloak + shotgun, and I have to say... yeah, cloak does need tweaked a little.
They should, in my opinion, have it that if you sprint while in cloak, it makes you "shimmer" like the Darkmatter Snipers.
Something at least visable enough to catch your eye.

Kitterfly
04-11-2013, 09:03 PM
I use cloak + shotgun, and I have to say... yeah, cloak does need tweaked a little.
They should, in my opinion, have it that if you sprint while in cloak, it makes you "shimmer" like the Darkmatter Snipers.
Something at least visable enough to catch your eye.

They really should have made certain powers only applicable to certain progression paths. I understand we live in a new age where everyone has to be everything because no one can commit but it'd seriously solve problems like this.

I chose stealth because I like to snipe. It is difficult as hell, even with stealth. Basically, it's headshots or go home. I can get them, I am surprisingly good at it. However, I'd be lying if I didn't say that every few seconds someone comes up on me and just blows me away with a shotgun and there is LITERALLY nothing I can do about it.

Get a match where most of the players are doing this strategy? GG--I might as well just stand there and /dance. If you want to balance out the damage of the shotgun in close quarters, you CAN'T give people a free ticket to just wonder up on you completely undetected and melt your face off with no risk to themselves. That makes zero sense. :\

Align certain powers/perks with certain weapon progressions. Stop trying to throw everything into a blender like most games are doing, it's not really that great and just makes a mess of balance. It also lessens the feeling of "reward" when you truly master a path.

Granted that can't be done NOW but it'd be nice to see future developers stop doing this crap. I was never against the "trinity", "progression paths", etc... What I was against was boring game play but apparently they could only figure out how to improve that AFTER destroying what makes MMOs great.

Thank you Arenanet, thank you Trion. Let's make this genre truly suck the big one. :D

(drama llamaaaaa~)

VolDeVie
04-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Lol, I was a hell of a lot more worried about infectors being nerfed. I use them on occasion still because I love the concept but it's a LOT worse than shotguns. Even if you DO get killed with an infector the player dies from the dots. Then again, I use blur and save it for invisible shotguns, though I imagine it'd be a lot harder with things like decoy as your ability.

edit: Also, try to keep up to date on new patches incoming. Like someone already mentioned this is being nerfed, making this thread useless.

Kitterfly
04-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Lol, I was a hell of a lot more worried about infectors being nerfed. I use them on occasion still because I love the concept but it's a LOT worse than shotguns. Even if you DO get killed with an infector the player dies from the dots. Then again, I use blur and save it for invisible shotguns, though I imagine it'd be a lot harder with things like decoy as your ability.

edit: Also, try to keep up to date on new patches incoming. Like someone already mentioned this is being nerfed, making this thread useless.

Isn't going to help unless they take an extremely hard swing at it and break the shotguns entirely.

The real issue is stealth in that particular combo. So no, the thread isn't useless.

ANTI
04-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Complaining on a forum = zero combat effectiveness
Learning to counter that which you perceive as a threat = invaluable
Here some tips so the forums aren't a river of nub tears:
-Sensor Sweep Perk is the hard counter to cloak.
-DoTs will keep an enemy out of stealth.
-Infectors leave spores on the target which act as flares even when they are invisible.
-Spanners will lock on to a enemy keeping they from stealthing.
-Lone wolfing will get you killed as that is what cloakers love to hunt.
-Etc.

StickyChief
04-11-2013, 11:15 PM
PVP will never be balanced when weapon stats are also shared between PVE. This is a MMO, If it isn't this, someone will complain about the next thing.

Raehvyn
04-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Overload + LMG = Overpowwwwwered. At least in PvE. I tried that mess in PvP thinking I was going to waste some suckers and BAMF, nope, shotty/infector cloak combo. That crap was bananas. B a n a n a s.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-11-2013, 11:35 PM

I made a thread about this , lol but I agree, http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?32690-Cloak-and-shotguns

Beldhan
04-11-2013, 11:43 PM
i will answer one thing.... the pvp actually it's a TEAM deathmatch... if you don't want to be blasted don't stay alone... even with a good mod a shootgun can be long to recharge and need to be extremely close to your target for OS.

ohh like said in another thread, get the freaking reduction damage perk... you will see how it hard to OS someone with this.

Kitterfly
04-12-2013, 08:12 AM
i will answer one thing.... the pvp actually it's a TEAM deathmatch... if you don't want to be blasted don't stay alone... even with a good mod a shootgun can be long to recharge and need to be extremely close to your target for OS.

ohh like said in another thread, get the freaking reduction damage perk... you will see how it hard to OS someone with this.

Yes, so the idea is I should run around with other people trying to close-range my enemies with a sniper rifle.

That sounds like a terrible strategy, quite frankly, no offense meant. It's difficult enough at a good range but to get in the mix is like trying to pop the head off of a cracked out ant.

No bueno. Your second idea is the only thing that holds any merit which essentially and unfortunately turns me into a tank--not sure how well that'll augment my sniping.

ianuk
04-12-2013, 08:22 AM
Just cos your a sniper doesn't mean you shouldn't move with your team. If you can't cope with moving and using a sniper rifle then don't use one. Hate it when someone camps on their own and then whines that they get bullied by the other TEAM.

templeunion
04-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Totally different genre, but if you look at what they did in Crysis 3 multiplayer, I think thats what you are referring to. You still see a little outline of the person, its stealth, but more realistic. Especially when moving..

ironhands
04-12-2013, 08:29 AM
PvP will always be constantly tweaked and balanced.

Should players be able to bring in weapons they've generally worked hard to obtain on the PvE side? Yes, absolutely. If that's not what you want, you should be looking to a lobby based PvP game where everyone has the identical weapons with no progression.

Kitterfly
04-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Just cos your a sniper doesn't mean you shouldn't move with your team. If you can't cope with moving and using a sniper rifle then don't use one. Hate it when someone camps on their own and then whines that they get bullied by the other TEAM.

What the hell do you mean by "moving with the team" firstly?

If you mean staying in the midst of them, that undoes any advantage I have as a sniper and therefore, you sir, are not thinking very clearly.

Again, stop trying to get me to endorse a strategy that is sheer idiocy for someone trying to snipe. This isn't CoD, there is no "quickscope"--might as well just remove the rifle entirely if you're not going to give it its proper niche.

In which case, I lose interest in the game entirely. I don't feel like sprinting about like a moron spraying and praying like the rest of this player base seems content with doing. No offense to the rest of you but that isn't me and never was me. I tend to pick up the rifles for a reason in every shooter title to date, I like the skill involved.

Kitterfly
04-12-2013, 09:30 AM
PvP will always be constantly tweaked and balanced.

Should players be able to bring in weapons they've generally worked hard to obtain on the PvE side? Yes, absolutely. If that's not what you want, you should be looking to a lobby based PvP game where everyone has the identical weapons with no progression.

Then why am I forced to wear the god awful PvP outfits?

Oh yes, ******* gets to carry around his uber-mega-ton weapon of mass destruction that ruins the entire fight for many but I can't even wear the outfit I purchased that has ZERO influence on the game--even merely visual as we all tend to look the same regardless of side in the battle. -_-

Makes total sense. I can see that coming to these forums was likely a waste of my time and I'm not seeing a very healthy future for this game as a result. There is a LOT to be skeptical of right now and instead all I hear is excuses with the few dissenters.

Reiter
04-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Recap: OP lost in a video games, whines on the forums about losing cause "the other guy is a dirty cheater", blames shotguns and cloaks in general, forgetting...THAT as soon as X is "nerfed/buffed/fixed" the next best thing is going to be causing more salty tears to flood the forums.

Recap of online video game PVP
1. Players have X amount of hitpoints
2. Players have Y amount of damage to apply to break X
3. Players think, test, and exploit stuff given to them by the developers to find the best advantage.
4. ???
5. PROFIT!!! Players will find the quickest way to down the enemy, be it a sniper rifle or shotgun. Its always "WHA WHA! I AM A CRY BABY CAUSE I LOST IN A VIDEO GAME! PLEASE FIXT ASAP! KTHX BAI!".

If OP were to apply his sniveling tears to the real world, he would probably be one of those ones crying that Stealth Fighters/Bombers with Missiles/Bombs to be cheap/dirty weapons and the enemy should be given some chance to counter them (Does that even make sense? Let the enemy shoot you down?). FFS, cry babies will always cry they lose in a video game but won't ask to be given a fair chance in the real world of conflict and war (aka, asking the enemy to take off their kevlar armor...why would they do that?).

Also to the OP, stop whining. There is an assault rifle carbine that drops with a scope, 20 round clip, instead of being a sniper (the long distance killer) with a bolt you could be the Designated Marksman who is a good shot but uses a shorter range weapon. See if you cannot adapt on the run with a group instead of hiding in the shadows by yourself and getting picked off...lone wolves get slaughtered by the lone wolves but suddenly you pack up...the cloak shotties either pack up against your group or they get killed off one by one as they charge you solo.

Kitterfly
04-12-2013, 09:54 AM
Wow Reiter, you succeed well when it comes to talking at your own arse.

Good job ranting on about nothing. Guess in your cute little world nothing is ever questionable or outright poorly executed. No, no... it's always the player. Developers are flawless, immaculate, cannot possibly be shortsighted in design philosophy. I guess games die off because of senseless hate, right? Damn those haters. They had absolutely no reason to question their crappy, sixty-dollar product!

Next time, keep the horse crap to yourself and go straight to the bottom portion of your argument. It's the only thing that had any merit and even then, I say it's a poor strategy with little reason still yet to use a rifle over another weapon. I never argued that you couldn't go on the run. I argue the point of it USING a rifle over another choice to begin with.

Demonsunder
04-12-2013, 09:59 AM
I read this alot, you say its unbeatable, that everyone uses them, go into pvp with Blur and a BMG trapper (slowing BMG) and see how many shotgunners get you, it even tracks those in stealth.

Shotgun, ha you can't even get in kill range.

Kitterfly
04-12-2013, 10:03 AM
I read this alot, you say its unbeatable, that everyone uses them, go into pvp with Blur and a BMG trapper (slowing BMG) and see how many shotgunners get you, it even tracks those in stealth.

Shotgun, ha you can't even get in kill range.

I'm referring to my own encounters and yes, shotguns with stealth have thus far been the biggest problem for me. I have very little in the way of countering them so it's basically death every time. Though it is nice to hear they get their own demon. :D Only fair, isn't it?