PDA

View Full Version : Are we really supposed to beat the last boss????

wilks
04-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Before the show starts????? I really dont see a whole lot of people getting this done here. That last boss is way too hard for the average gamer. And i dont think this game is going to do well if it caters to a small elite group of gamers. Not sure what that will do to the show though.

VolDeVie
04-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Minus the last boss this game in no way caters to the elite players, it's entirely the opposite at the moment.. -_-

Kurze
04-11-2013, 09:22 PM
there's a lot of people who have killed him. actually I'd say its the majority

it pisses me off when baddies try to rationalize their failing by saying most people have problems with Nim. they dont. its just you and a bunch of baddies like you.

try to follow some strategies, change your build/weapons accordingly .but really, all it comes down to is

a) dodging
b) LoS

Its a fight that tests how much you have learned of dodging. if you are incapable of beating him, you havent learned jack. get more practice

Raehvyn
04-11-2013, 09:24 PM
there's a lot of people who have killed him. actually I'd say its the majority

it pisses me off when baddies try to rationalize their failing by saying most people have problems with Nim. they dont. its just you and a bunch of baddies like you.

try to follow some strategies, change your build/weapons accordingly .but really, all it comes down to is

a) dodging
b) LoS

Its a fight that tests how much you have learned of dodging. if you are incapable of beating him, you havent learned jack. get more practice

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the Hellbug.

Orenji
04-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Not trying to brag but I beat it on my first try.

As Kurze said about the strategy.

Dodge. LoS. Shields low, duck and hide.

Best weapon to use is a heavy hitting pump action shotgun or the Automatic pump shotgun (Grind Fragger is one from a mission quest).

Ikagawa
04-11-2013, 09:25 PM

While that may be true, he's absolutely right.

FizzyMyNizzy
04-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Before the show starts????? I really dont see a whole lot of people getting this done here. That last boss is way too hard for the average gamer. And i dont think this game is going to do well if it caters to a small elite group of gamers. Not sure what that will do to the show though.

I beat him with a grenade launcher only, and ego rating 351. It is doable, and challenging. Game came out 4/2. Beat him on 4/3.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?16690-Hero-of-Paradise.-D-I-MADE-IT!!!!!
If they were to Nerf the last boss. I think we all might as well play hello kitty online.

Kurze
04-11-2013, 09:28 PM

It just pisses me off to no extend when they go "I cant beat him, but Im average, hence Im sure most people cant, and its just a selected few elitist that have finished this".

this kind of apologetic nonsense is enervating.

someone has to tell them that NO, they are not average, they are WELL BELOW average and the sooner they come into terms with that fact, the better for them.

Nim is not hard. the game is TOO easy up until Nim, and some people just didnt learn anything on the way. there's a difference

Broken Drum
04-11-2013, 09:33 PM
You may be trying the wrong tactics.

Nim is a duration fight. It isn't so much about damage as staying alive longer than him. dodge - use LOS

A good shotgun like nano frag and maybe a BMG if not got the stealth perk to regen health will allow you to outlast him.

Work on staying alive more than damage and he will fall..

usrevenge2
04-11-2013, 09:43 PM
are we supposed to beat him before the show starts? I have been holding off on act 5 because I want to do the other stuff before i beat the game

Greywolf
04-11-2013, 09:44 PM
You may be trying the wrong tactics.

Nim is a duration fight. It isn't so much about damage as staying alive longer than him. dodge - use LOS

A good shotgun like nano frag and maybe a BMG if not got the stealth perk to regen health will allow you to outlast him.

Work on staying alive more than damage and he will fall..

Broken Drum is right, outlasting him is the key, I did it with a pistol and he really isn't that hard at all, want to try something hard? go play dark souls or demon souls.

PS: Watch my movies in sig.

Colteran
04-11-2013, 09:45 PM
are we supposed to beat him before the show starts? I have been holding off on act 5 because I want to do the other stuff before i beat the game

It doesn't matter either way.

Orenji
04-11-2013, 09:45 PM

The show isn't that closely related to the game. I heard that it's going to be in a whole different area and someone claimed it was only 15%-20% based on the game.

Man With No Name
04-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Hmm i beat it on first try. Not bragging just trying to remember what I used. I believe I had AR with a pump shotty. I used cloak and as for my shield I really can't remember, but I can remember I had a high recharge rate so every time he hit me I recovered right away.

Ikagawa
04-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Hmm i beat it on first try. Not bragging just trying to remember what I used. I believe I had AR with a pump shotty. I used cloak and as for my shield I really can't remember, but I can remember I had a high recharge rate so every time he hit me I recovered right away.

Probably Respark I think it's called. 3s recharge rate at ~40%?

Maximus Prime
04-11-2013, 09:54 PM
We are supposed to beat few quests marked by star, with Nolan and Irisa before the show starts. Not the main story line...

mikegonzalez2k
04-11-2013, 09:55 PM
I beat the final boss with an assault rifle that I received early on.
iLevel 101 VBI Assault Rifle with shock
222 DMG
12 Fire Rate

It's not difficult, you just need to learn how to play a shooter and stop being such a bad player. Don't beg the devs to nerf a game that actually was made at the difficulty.

You can't just stand there guns blazing and expect to win. This isn't World of Warcraft. IF you actually hid behind the pillars you won't get blasted by the nova that he does. Or the damage his clones spray at you. Hell I beat him on my 2nd try. He wasn't hard. You just had to watch him and develop your own strategy.

Your gear should be some sort of medium range high damage weapon.
SMG or AR work best imo.

Your shield should be a Respark because of the 3 sec recharge time and 40% recharge rate.

You should be specced to do max damage

EGO Power: Overcharge

Perks should increase length of EGO and decrease time in between

Killing Machine
Bloodlust
Risk Taker
Quick Charge

If you have the 5th perk use something for survivability
Thick Skinned works well

Man With No Name
04-11-2013, 09:57 PM
Probably Respark I think it's called. 3s recharge rate at ~40%?

Could possibly be it. I truly cannot remember, seems like ages ago haha. But yea seems about right, was very quick, was almost like he couldn't harm me at all.

DeMoted
04-11-2013, 09:59 PM
Minus the last boss this game in no way caters to the elite players, it's entirely the opposite at the moment.. -_-

Please don't lump in people with no life as "elite". Elite means very good at something, not spent enough time on it. I see this mistake happen lots and I don't like it thrown around so loosely.

Amber Fae
04-11-2013, 10:01 PM

easy Boss.. killed him with a BMG

Froggyman
04-11-2013, 10:01 PM
The game wants you to beat the four episode missions in game before the fifteenth, NOT the entire story missions. The four side missions marked as episode missions, the ones with Nolan and Irisa are what they are referring to, as the show starts after the end of the last cutscene you see in the game. So if you do not beat the the missions before the 15th, when the show airs, you will not have as much backstory for the show as someone who did, que the tie in.

I hope that made sense.

hellrex
04-11-2013, 10:04 PM

stop trolling that last boss was a joke i one shotted him with out even trying im actually disappointed in this game i hope they kick up the difficulty cus right now not feeling stimulated ego 3184

Munx
04-11-2013, 10:16 PM
managed to keep you intrested up to ego 3184 sounds like its stimulating you plenty lol.

that said, I think its a safe bet content will get proggessivly more difficult as more content is added, much like it got much more difficult from mutant - dark matter.

Would been foolish to start all enemies of at max difficulty, would have no where to go but down at that point.

zerounlmtd
04-11-2013, 10:18 PM
I used a orange tier pump shotgun w/ fire & Blur to beat Nim as fast as possible. Took a few tries to get his timing down but for boss I think the difficulty is accurate. BUT what I find frustrating is when bad kids say its too hard for "average" players, if you find Nim to be unbeatable then you best reevaluate you life because you are NOT average at all. You happen to be below standard at problem solving and predictive planning which are two base human instincts that separate you from lesser intelligence's

Wtflag
04-11-2013, 10:33 PM
I haven't got to that point yet, but it sounds fun. He is the last boss after all and you shouldn't just be face tanking him down anyway.

Bah, he can't be as bad as trying to get gold on races. (Pull my hair out on those)

Amber Fae
04-11-2013, 10:46 PM
I haven't got to that point yet, but it sounds fun. He is the last boss after all and you shouldn't just be face tanking him down anyway.

Bah, he can't be as bad as trying to get gold on races. (Pull my hair out on those)

he was more "difficult" then gettign the black challanger... though i found it all too easy

Taaltos
04-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Last boss was hard for me. Took 47 minutes.

But yes, we are supposed to be the last boss. xD

Wtflag
04-11-2013, 10:57 PM
he was more "difficult" then gettign the black challanger... though i found it all too easy

Does it get easier if I level my runner skill? I mostly roll around with the dodger so runner is still level 2 or something.

Vault Dweller
04-11-2013, 11:01 PM
easy Boss.. killed him with a BMG

lol i also killed him with a BMG..all my bullets were missing but the tickle laser seemed to get him no matter what =3

Jamesdanex
04-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Not trying to brag but I beat it on my first try.

As Kurze said about the strategy.

Dodge. LoS. Shields low, duck and hide.

Best weapon to use is a heavy hitting pump action shotgun or the Automatic pump shotgun (Grind Fragger is one from a mission quest).
And may I add, dont use cloak on the fight, his homing power/weapon sees right through it and makes it worthless. as for a secondary use a BMG for quick shield regen.

Bullvye
04-11-2013, 11:04 PM
Dang people really hate nim. Think I died maybe 4 times before I beat him, if your struggling I used infector the whole fight

Eihder
04-12-2013, 12:37 AM
Last boss was way easy for me, i was never threatened in the least even after i ran out of ammo. I actually meleed him to death. If your having issues try the healy gun :P it is godly and infinite ammo in pve.

chefwhitey
04-12-2013, 01:23 AM
Try this out! Easy way to beat the final boss!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62k9wgAB7qM

Whitenoise
04-12-2013, 01:25 AM
Nim is a complete joke, I was angry that he was too easy.

Mind you the entire game is too easy.. and short.. and repetitive.. and bug ridden... I could go on but I wont.

6Strummer
04-12-2013, 01:39 AM
I killed him with a fire SMG and a BMG, along with Decoy and one of the Rebel shields.