PDA

View Full Version : Is there PvE open world content in Defiance?

Cryptor
10-20-2012, 09:07 PM
As per topic, I was wondering if one of the devs / admins could reply.

All the information and movies that I have seen so far seems to suggest that (hopefully I am wrong) Defiance is a PvP game, more of an 3rd person FPS then mmorpg.

So, is this an actually mmorpg with an open world, PvE content, quests etc..?

vampero
10-20-2012, 09:45 PM
What I saw on the livestream today it was all open world . I hope this helps .Plus they were doing PvE questing.

Jenbuu
10-21-2012, 01:25 AM
Theres is a whole pve story that goes along with the game,
they shown the arkfalls which is open world events but im sure there is story

Jenbuu
10-21-2012, 02:57 AM
also as posted in another thread, check out the game at http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/336257027 3hours 10mins in

Escyos
10-21-2012, 03:30 AM

All the information and movies that I have seen so far seems to suggest that (hopefully I am wrong) Defiance is a PvP game, more of an 3rd person FPS then mmorpg.

You can fight players or enemies, go on missions etc. so its an mmprpg but instead of magical swords and orc poop to fling you use a gun.

vampero
10-26-2012, 01:39 PM

Yes, it is a open world with PvP,PvE content and questing. There will be no crafting on release.

Fiancee
10-27-2012, 01:05 AM
No, theres PVE content similiar to Rift's rifts, Rift appear and everyone go to destroy it. Lets say some big monsters comes from the ground and people go there to shoot it down. This time theres also truly open world, zones are huge, absolutely massive, whats my main point of interest. I love open world games. From my understanding its aliens who we kill here, so expect some alien spaceships lands down etc.

Escyos
10-28-2012, 01:18 AM
No, theres PVE content similiar to Rift's rifts, Rift appear and everyone go to destroy it. Lets say some big monsters comes from the ground and people go there to shoot it down. This time theres also truly open world, zones are huge, absolutely massive, whats my main point of interest. I love open world games. From my understanding its aliens who we kill here, so expect some alien spaceships lands down etc.

We also kill humans, cyborgs and alien animals. But there are no spaceships in the game, just some space debris falling down.

Wendigo
10-28-2012, 03:15 PM
It looks like those "Arkfalls" are going to be instances or dungeons, whichever you wanna call them.

Jenbuu
10-29-2012, 04:12 AM
It looks like those "Arkfalls" are going to be instances or dungeons, whichever you wanna call them.

The Arkfalls are similar to the rifts in Rift, they are global dynamic events, they wount be scripted to a certain location but will be random.

i would love to see an Arkfall drop right in the middle of the world PVP

JellyBean
10-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Although amusing to think about, that would be extremely difficult as many people probably getting caught in crossfire or a group killing players then focusing on the monsters. Actually it does seem really interesting. I'm wondering if this is possible to happen and how it would really go down.