PDA

View Full Version : Wandering Hulker [Developers Wanted]

Adal8807
04-11-2013, 09:26 PM
I actually ran into this the other day and have been meaning to make a thread about it.

Can you DEV's make this a little more common? I actually really like fighting the Hulkers, and wish this would be a little more common. When it happened I was like "OMG wtf" then i started spraying my nuts off. Really enjoyable!

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Yeah those are fun, till a glitch has them re-spawning immediately in a location that had emergecies involving 99er's and Hellbugs.
Thank god was in group cause that was insane.

Adal8807
04-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Damn, lol.

That'd be one rough challenge! My hardest was a Group of Raiders, Dark Matter, and Scrappers all duking it out in San Fran with me caught in the middle. Add a hulker to that and I would have **** bricks lol

dalendria
04-11-2013, 09:46 PM
I actually ran into this the other day and have been meaning to make a thread about it.

Can you DEV's make this a little more common? I actually really like fighting the Hulkers, and wish this would be a little more common. When it happened I was like "OMG wtf" then i started spraying my nuts off. Really enjoyable!

I like them too. But the first time I saw him, I ran. I pumped a few shots in him and realized I had done very little damage. Ran and he chased me. I would stop to reload or think I was safe and then see him coming. I ran pretty far and did not shake him until I used Cloak. It was exciting and fun. :)

So yes, I agree. Please Trion add more of these Hulker encounters.

Draugluin
04-11-2013, 09:46 PM
I like them being rare findings. Too dense population would mean they become unavoidable.

Ikagawa
04-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Yeah those are fun, till a glitch has them re-spawning immediately in a location that had emergecies involving 99er's and Hellbugs.

I had that happen to me just as I was about to kill a Hulker solo. I was so pissed off that I threw my controller.

Adal8807
04-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Lol yeah I don't mean like make them crazy common but I've put I think around 3 days into Defiance and only had one encounter. :/. I would atleast like to see one once a day? Even that seems like a little much, I just love taking down the big fellas

Arsenic_Touch
04-11-2013, 10:01 PM
I have yet to actually see one, it comes up on the map, but there's no notification of what direction and I search and eventually give up.

Dunnomatic
04-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Only a couple of these is fine. Usually two or three fights at once wherethey are and they respawn quickly for doing contracts.

Theres one by the Aegis quest that literally spawns every thirty seconds or so most the time after killing him. The contract took like 30 minutes tops to kill 10. Lol

Ichidakiller
04-11-2013, 10:09 PM

I do that solo all the time, that's where I level weapons at......

rralpheboy
04-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Hulkers are fun and challenging, I would love to see them spawn randomly in the free world.

Hardlight
04-11-2013, 10:22 PM
It would be cool if they added more hulker like mini boss encounters for all the other factions.

Xionsmith
04-11-2013, 10:23 PM
You would think that him throwing the bomb or his AoE would hit you on your little rock. I'm sure they will buff him to fix this exploit. Prob add a pull to his attack list. That would be fun! =)

Draugluin
04-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Hulkers are fun and challenging, I would love to see them spawn randomly in the free world.

They do (on certain areas).

Valethar
04-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Incorrect. An exploit is taking a bug within the game to gain an advantage. The mob not attacking you because of geometry is a bug which you exploit to beat the encounter with no danger.

In that particular stage, he no longer throws bombs or otherwise AOE's you as he normally would. He just charges you. Using terrain and cover to avoid the charge isn't exploiting a bug. I've had him bounce off a tree once or twice as I was circling him, so he didn't hit me. I suppose using your logic, that would be an exploit as well?

Ikagawa
04-11-2013, 10:34 PM
In that particular stage, he no longer throws bombs or otherwise AOE's you as he normally would. He just charges you. Using terrain and cover to avoid the charge isn't exploiting a bug. I've had him bounce off a tree once or twice as I was circling him, so he didn't hit me. I suppose using your logic, that would be an exploit as well?

Except you're actively engaging to avoid damage. Stryker is hiding on a rock or some other protruding structure where the mob cannot hit him nor path to him.

Adal8807
04-11-2013, 10:34 PM
I was reading the forums while sitting in my dune buggy and the next thing I see is a huge hulker start blasting my duni and I was just chilling on some road in Marin.. Was a lot of fun. It's things like that, that keep me in the game. Ark Falls were fun but I keep disconnecting in the middle of Ark Falls that I put a ton of effort into. That has turned me away big time.