PDA

View Full Version : Attention: Bits GLITCH (get free bits?) or feature? *picture included*

photoz
03-20-2019, 09:39 PM
I noticed this bits glitch/feature when I was hunting for PY Numbra in Silicon Valley. This weird vendor/NPC would appear out of the blue in the middle of the road getting chase by hell bugs. If you defeat the hell bug that are chasing him (usually 1-3 skittling or warrior hellbug), he will grant you free bits which appears both on your screen left hand corner when you receive an item/loot /and in your loot chat log. It's random payment from 2 bits to 3 bits. The reason why I say it's a glitch is because these bits will not appear in your inventory or visible in the bitstore despite it being appear to have been received. :confused: He is like Py numbra, appear for limited of time, say 10 second and will disappear. If you accidentally run him with your vehicle, you will not receive the free/glitched bits payment.

Perhaps Gambingo/Trion is testing something new or perhaps it is a glitch. Anyone want to try to replicate this?

Instruction: Drive around Silicon Valley, starting from water temple all the way to pacific temple and back. Defeat all road side incursion. He will randomly appears on that route.

Ladylumps
03-21-2019, 10:21 AM
I too have seen random bits drop from other roadside emergencies in the last 3/4 years.not sure if all were s valley but like yours they show in screen writing but dont register lol..yeh its weird

elmoo
03-21-2019, 10:25 AM
Iíve also seen this... it happened to me at IDR a few times. But like you said, it shows bits as a drop but doesnt actually give them.

Big Jack Shepard
03-21-2019, 10:26 AM
This is a very old bug, from Day 1, in fact. Just ignore it.

ByeFelicia101
03-21-2019, 10:50 AM
If you watch your stuff carefully it says bits its really scrip. This has been around forever. Pretty much like every other glitch or bug not important enough to fix...........

LAPDAlonzo
03-21-2019, 11:26 AM
Would be nice if they started to give away bits from events.

DEATHBRINGER210
03-21-2019, 12:01 PM
its a old bugged out roadside job. they been knowing about since 2013.

Kuraokami
03-21-2019, 12:42 PM
I experienced this very old bits glitch in 2050 as well last week

overwacther
03-21-2019, 01:51 PM
This has happened to me when i begun i was happy then mad bc i thought it was a troll

Light Energy
03-21-2019, 02:48 PM
I noticed this bits glitch/feature when I was hunting for PY Numbra in Silicon Valley. This weird vendor/NPC would appear out of the blue in the middle of the road getting chase by hell bugs. If you defeat the hell bug that are chasing him (usually 1-3 skittling or warrior hellbug), he will grant you free bits which appears both on your screen left hand corner when you receive an item/loot /and in your loot chat log...
As others have said, it's an old bug, probably from pre-2013 release. It seems they planned to have this kind of roadside emergency where you would get free Bits as a reward for saving that dude from some Hellbugs. I guess they later decided giving free Bits was a bad idea; but they failed to completely remove this emergency from the game code, hence it exists in a glitched out state with a blank grey bar at the top. In any case, you don't get free Bits added to your account, regardless of what the system log says.

See this, for example: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?287737-roadside-job-awarding-bits