PDA

View Full Version : Re-rolling, t6ing slight confusion

fm0987
03-31-2019, 12:41 AM
I have a purg I might like to t6, non perfected but whatever idc I'm sick of idr rng. Anyhow, the last few things I've t6d generated a random t6 roll instead of creating a new t1 and everything moving up like a jp would. Is this how it always works, or was it because I rerolled as t5 (say the t3 locked for example)? In other words, if a weapon has the natural t5 roll you want as t6, is it better to just re roll the t4 (if necessary) and then t6 and reroll from there? Or if you reroll the t4 it will also generate a random t6 roll? Idk sorry this is probably worded kinda weird lol. Anyway, here's my example.

T5 cn purgatory rad nano
x0.90 reload
x1.75mag (was crit?)
x1.25 crit mult (was dmg radius)
+5% Armor pen
x1.12 dmg

Any suggestions? Was maybe thinking reset and reroll the t4 instead, t6 it (would it get natural t6 dmg roll then?), re roll lower tiers from there. Maybe someone could elaborate on what I'm trying to get at lol.

fm0987
03-31-2019, 12:50 AM
Ok well jus found this. https://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/08/17/preview-rerolling-rarity-bonuses-and-supreme-items/

I guess the t6 on unnamed is always random?

Protonyx
03-31-2019, 07:18 AM
Yes, T6 'ING unnamed weapons is always random. The T6 roll has chance to go to any of the possible T6 rolls. For example, it isn't possible to get range as a T6 roll.

ByeFelicia101
03-31-2019, 08:33 AM
Only jps slide down and give a new t1 roll. Just keep in mind its easier to get a certain t6 roll if its already present on an existing roll. So for example u had blu crit purp health dmg and oj dmg. After preming it adds t6 fire rate but i want crit. Since i have blue crit it wont be to hard most times in my exp it will swap them when i reroll the t6 but not always sometimes it will be totally random kind of where the gambling comes in.

fm0987
03-31-2019, 04:41 PM
Ok yea thx you'd think I'd know this by now, I've supremed quite a few things actually but mostly all jps, only 3 or 4 unnamed or so so I guess that's where the confusion came in. I was thinking it worked like jps but you could re-roll then upgrade and the tiers all go up. So if you take an unnamed from t4 to 5, does the same rule apply? The t5 roll will be random? I usually vend all t4 except mod holders but just curious.

fm0987
04-02-2019, 10:38 PM
T6d the purg it got full dmg radius. Idk if it holds true but it seems like if you re roll as t5, the bonus you took off the weapon is likely to become the new t6 (if it's a possible t6 roll?). At least for me, has been my experience with the few unnamed I've supremed. Maybe should have re rolled the t5 dmg then instead? Idk.

elmoo
04-03-2019, 11:42 AM
If i'm aiming for a specific roll on the t6, lets say dmg, but the t5 roll is dmg before supping, i always roll dmg out of the t5 and try get t5 to a good roll that i'd want once supped.
I.e for a blast rifle, if its t5 dmg, i'll roll it to t5 fire rate, and then when supping, hopefully get t6 dmg, or atleast the ability to roll it to dmg whilst still getting my ideal rolls.

fm0987
04-03-2019, 10:46 PM
If i'm aiming for a specific roll on the t6, lets say dmg, but the t5 roll is dmg before supping, i always roll dmg out of the t5 and try get t5 to a good roll that i'd want once supped.
I.e for a blast rifle, if its t5 dmg, i'll roll it to t5 fire rate, and then when supping, hopefully get t6 dmg, or atleast the ability to roll it to dmg whilst still getting my ideal rolls.
Yup k got yah. Well I re rolled t6 blast radius n got x2.75 mag and mag turned to crit so actually turned out well imo even tho it wasn't exactly what I was going for, may just leave as is. I think it's something like reload, fire rate, crit, armor pen, dmg, mag.