PDA

View Full Version : Defiance: The Essential Guide.

MrDSlver
04-11-2013, 09:55 PM
So I've seen you can get Defiance: The Essential Guide as a ibook from the apple store and i was wondering, for those of us that don't own an ipod/ipad/iphone, what are do you get from the "secret codes" that are included in it.

Thanks in advance for any answers

Skydive
04-11-2013, 11:13 PM
I dunno if anyone else finds it ironic, the game is released for PC, PS3 and Xbox but not iOS, yet the essential guide is as you say Ipod/Ipad/Apple only!

This one I can't figure out!

Doowi
04-12-2013, 12:17 AM
I have no clue why people need to buy guides for games. Also I will probably get a warning for this comment, but don't spend your money on that crap, go ahead and download the pdf file of the whole game from one of many website that shall remain nameless (FOR FREE) as guides are worthless as they are outdated after the first or second patch.

Defy
04-12-2013, 01:32 AM
the codes are "Arkfall Codes":

http://orcz.com/Defiance:_Arkfall_Codes

codes #157-161 are from the Ebook

Kiriel
04-12-2013, 01:38 AM
I have no clue why people need to buy guides for games. Also I will probably get a warning for this comment, but don't spend your money on that crap, go ahead and download the pdf file of the whole game from one of many website that shall remain nameless (FOR FREE) as guides are worthless as they are outdated after the first or second patch.

The guide on the ipad is free.

The reason people get the guides is they want more information on the lore and mechanics. This game lacked a lot on lore exposition.

Patches don't change things like the definition of the weapon stats. Nor the way to set up perks for use. Or explain the different usages of currencies. Or any number of things. Some of us like to have a reference for things. The wiki is very sparce now.

Not everyone has played this type of game enough to know what all those weapon stats mean or understand all the mechanics of a shooter. And every game has its own specifics too.

ManaKeKz
04-12-2013, 02:11 AM
Patches don't change things like the definition of the weapon stats. Nor the way to set up perks for use. Or explain the different usages of currencies. Or any number of things. Some of us like to have a reference for things. The wiki is very sparce now.

Don't be too sure on that part, it has happened before in MMOs. Anyhow, while the official wiki is basically an empty shell at the moment, there are a lot of of other sites grabbing and listing any information on the game they can. One example would be arkfalls.com

WooShoo
04-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Any way to get this guide without having to deal with Apple? As someone posted earlier, it was a stupid decision to release this for iOS devices when the game is on everything but those and more people use Android anyway.

Sliverbaer
04-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Actually, it is iPad only. I tried to view it on my work iPhone and it wouldn't display.

"Item Not Available
Defiance was created with iBooks Author and is only available on iPad."

iBook format is a terrible, terrible idea. Pick a standard Apple. I tried to convert it, but it comes out all garbled and formatted incorrectly.

I have all of these devices and am unfortunately unable to view this.
Computer OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 (Windows 8 including Surface Pro), Ubuntu Linux (or any Linux distro), and even Mac OS X

Mobile: Android, iPhone

Console: PS3, PS Vita.

Chrono_13
05-05-2013, 02:10 PM
It is a little annoying, but they must have had some kind of deal with Apple.

FizzyMyNizzy
05-05-2013, 04:06 PM
So I've seen you can get Defiance: The Essential Guide as a ibook from the apple store and i was wondering, for those of us that don't own an ipod/ipad/iphone, what are do you get from the "secret codes" that are included in it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArsAFVgquNyVdGhXdTF0VVZLOEJYTVBSbWtzYTRmb nc#gid=0
http://orcz.com/Defiance:_Promo_Codes

iamoniwaban
05-05-2013, 07:39 PM

Exactly....why limit this to android / apple? I have spent over $150 on this game including Season pass, the DELUXE EDITION, and Bits from the store....please change this

Psio
05-06-2013, 12:02 AM
Don't be too sure on that part, it has happened before in MMOs. Anyhow, while the official wiki is basically an empty shell at the moment, there are a lot of of other sites grabbing and listing any information on the game they can. One example would be arkfalls.com

Official wiki? Do you have a link?

P.

FizzyMyNizzy
05-06-2013, 04:12 AM
Official wiki? Do you have a link?

P.

I think it is this one... http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Defiance_Wiki

ioae
07-04-2013, 07:15 PM
The guide is available for download for free from the amazon kindle store. :)

Whippersnapper
07-04-2013, 09:43 PM
You can visit various wiki guides, use google, and even youtube. No need to spend on a guide.

I'm sure posting on the forum can get you many answers. I usually get responses within the hour of posting.

The best places to hunt, camp, level this or that, etc.

varunchandak10
07-04-2013, 10:38 PM
it's surprising
it works only in ipad 'not in iphone and ipod'

CrazyCDN
07-05-2013, 03:50 AM
The guide is available for download for free from the amazon kindle store. :)

Here is the link

http://www.amazon.ca/Defiance-The-Essential-Guide-ebook/dp/B00CEKPL7Q/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1373021321&sr=8-12&keywords=defiance

AxionXD
07-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Any way to get this guide without having to deal with Apple? As someone posted earlier, it was a stupid decision to release this for iOS devices when the game is on everything but those and more people use Android anyway.

Lol. I took a few coworkers to lunch the other day. Out of 7 of us, 6 of us had the iPhone 5. We made fun of one that decided to get it in black. Then really laughed hard at the guy with the Droid. To each his own. I like my iPhone and since getting into Smart Phones, I've only had an iPhone. Most people i know have iPhones. So it's all a matter of perspective.

From my perspective, more people use iPhones. You think they use Android. What's the real answer? Who cares, as far as Ark Codes go, before I even had the game installed and downloaded, I already ran some program that automatically inputted all 160 (or whatever) Ark codes for me.

Zydrate
07-06-2013, 02:01 PM
I think it is this one... http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Defiance_Wiki

DefianceData is more useful.

Strontium Dog
07-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Lol. I took a few coworkers to lunch the other day. Out of 7 of us, 6 of us had the iPhone 5. We made fun of one that decided to get it in black. Then really laughed hard at the guy with the Droid. To each his own. I like my iPhone and since getting into Smart Phones, I've only had an iPhone. Most people i know have iPhones. So it's all a matter of perspective.

From my perspective, more people use iPhones. You think they use Android. What's the real answer? Who cares, as far as Ark Codes go, before I even had the game installed and downloaded, I already ran some program that automatically inputted all 160 (or whatever) Ark codes for me.

Dont tell me you all got yours in tacky cheapo white? O.o Techy things in white are made for pensioners, wannabegeeks and 15yr old gurls :p Ever seen a plasma screen or a Hitech surround system in white ? lol

BTW while i have iphone i also have droid phone (but thats for work) and most techys will tell you they hate iphones due to the locked in nature and being forced to sing to the devil just to install an app .iPhone is defo for mainstream public.