PDA

View Full Version : New Content Every Week?

Xionsmith
04-11-2013, 10:31 PM
So with each episode of the show there should be new content in game? So every week we will get more story and bosses to kill? So Nim was just the week 1 boss?

DeMoted
04-11-2013, 10:33 PM
I have a feeling if someone says no this guy will freak out.

Xionsmith
04-11-2013, 10:40 PM
....... ಠ_ಠ

Tastix
04-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Here's to hoping while maintaining no expectations

Shootersa
04-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Episode Missions are the Episodes from TV brought in the game, meaning that every episodes that is being launched will also appear in game and you follow the exact story of that episode.
I hope that they already put in all the episodes and only need to activate them when the TV episode has been but i guess we will have a patch/update every time one of those episodes finishes.

Erei
04-11-2013, 11:23 PM
They will add more episodic content regularly, not storyline content. The episodic content was the one with Nolan, not Nim. Storyline content will also be added, but probably more slowly.

Rasczak
04-11-2013, 11:35 PM
Episode Missions are the Episodes from TV brought in the game, meaning that every episodes that is being launched will also appear in game and you follow the exact story of that episode.
I hope that they already put in all the episodes and only need to activate them when the TV episode has been but i guess we will have a patch/update every time one of those episodes finishes.

I can't see how we will be able to "follow the exact story of that episode" considering the television show is based around St. Louis (now the border town called "Defiance"), and the game is based around the San Francisco Bay Area. Not unless Joshua Nolan or other characters are going to be making a truck load of hops between Missouri and California between episodes.

Shootersa
04-11-2013, 11:38 PM
I can't see how we will be able to "follow the exact story of that episode" considering the television show is based around St. Louis (now the border town called "Defiance"), and the game is based around the San Francisco Bay Area. Not unless Joshua Nolan or other characters are going to be making a truck load of hops between Missouri and California between episodes.

Pff dunno lol really haven't looked into the entire TV show but thats what i heard from it.
but they say it's going to be similiar or in line with the TV Episodes.

Defy
04-11-2013, 11:40 PM
episode missions prolly

Rasczak
04-11-2013, 11:46 PM
Pff dunno lol really haven't looked into the entire TV show but thats what i heard from it.
but they say it's going to be similiar or in line with the TV Episodes.

I can buy that. I just wouldn't expect to see the exact same thing as was in the episode. I think there may be a couple of crossing subplots (like what Nolan did at the end of the current Episode mission arch), but I'll bet the mission Episodes and the Television show will be crossing only in the most superficial of terms for the time being.

This thread (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?331-Defiance-To-be-or-not-to-be) is from October 2012 (6 months ago) where they discuss the set-up. I'm posting it because you said you weren't sure of the amount of crossover, and thought you might find it interesting.

rralpheboy
04-11-2013, 11:46 PM
I beleive that the episode missions and main story line will some how come together because there are to main locations San Francisco and St. Louis. Maybe with future DLC who knows.... game has only been out for a little over a week and we have a long way to go for the new episode missions.

Zantium
04-11-2013, 11:47 PM
There are 5 DLC packs for the season, I'd expect these will contain any show tie in content.
I know they've also mentioned about other patching and additions but I doubt very much if the episodic content would be included in that.

Warkaiser
04-12-2013, 12:07 AM
There are 5 DLC packs for the season, I'd expect these will contain any show tie in content.
I know they've also mentioned about other patching and additions but I doubt very much if the episodic content would be included in that.

The episode content and DLCs are seperate things. They were even supposed to have a DLC released this past Monday, a week before the show even started, but pushed it back to focus on other things.