PDA

View Full Version : Remove old syn, its possible? Defiance Classic (D13)

Dehcwb Head Hunter
05-15-2019, 08:56 AM
Hello defiance team, I would like to put a question to the developers about the old syn, if there is any way to remove it to help the server, I believe this would help a lot. There are a lot of old syn that they do not even use for years. I see that the server is heavily loaded with old information that could be deleted, this could help to have less lag I think, from my experience and conversation with other game developers.

Here is a list of syn that no one else is using:

*Assassin;
*Brutal;
*Cannoneer;
*Ego Precision;
*Grenadier;
*Hard Boiled;
*Machinist;
*Nano Executioner;
*Nano Mastery;
*Outlaw;
*Prepared;
*Quartermaster;
*Rolling thunder;
*Run n Gun;
*Scavenger;
*Stalker;
*Survivalist;
*Veteran;

These are some of the old syn that are no longer used, some do not have Jp. They could then replace the vendor with other syn that are currently in use.

What do you think of this idea?
everyone who has played defiance can comment on it.

Alahali
05-15-2019, 09:29 AM
Hello defiance team, I would like to put a question to the developers about the old syn, if there is any way to remove it to help the server, I believe this would help a lot. There are a lot of old syn that they do not even use for years. I see that the server is heavily loaded with old information that could be deleted, this could help to have less lag I think, from my experience and conversation with other game developers.

*Assassin;
*Brutal;
*Cannoneer;
*Ego Precision;
*Grenadier;
*Hard Boiled;
*Machinist;
*Nano Executioner;
*Nano Mastery;
*Outlaw;
*Prepared;
*Quartermaster;
*Rolling thunder;
*Run n Gun;
*Scavenger;
*Stalker;
*Survivalist;
*Veteran;

These are some of the old syn that are no longer used, some do not have Jp. They could then replace the vendor with other syn that are currently in use.

I've been playing Def'50 for months, but just out of curiosity I'd like to know what idea you have about jps (always thinking of collectors)

Dehcwb Head Hunter
05-15-2019, 10:37 AM
I've been playing Def'50 for months, but just out of curiosity I'd like to know what idea you have about jps (always thinking of collectors)

Well, the weapons would not be removed, only the mods. Note that only the syn assassin and cannoneer has jp available in the numbra. Maybe it would give to arrange a vendor and put the sale of mods by gulanite, as is done with the other syn. See that the other syn do not have jp, only those that are in the vendors as prepared and another. My idea would be to disable these syn because they are disturbing in the game since you can not get them anywhere and this discourages anyone who already has a jp of this syn.
In vendors' places like syn prepared, scavenger and some other, would put another syn so they could buy jp or mods with reputation, as already done in these syn mentioned above.

To be clear, these syn do not make any money. Nobody spends gulanite or reputation to buy such weapons syn, I would not buy myself. So I think these syn are only making weight on the server, there is no progress and no logical screens available. For example, between a dyn and a jp weapon, many would buy a dyn and leave out jp, depending on the syn, this is not at all. So I believe that with this removal would bring more players to the game and make the contracts that are made available, including buying the patron pass. That would be a big step for the game and for us players.

Alahali
05-15-2019, 11:38 AM
Well, the weapons would not be removed, only the mods. Note that only the syn assassin and cannoneer has jp available in the numbra. Maybe it would give to arrange a vendor and put the sale of mods by gulanite, as is done with the other syn. See that the other syn do not have jp, only those that are in the vendors as prepared and another. My idea would be to disable these syn because they are disturbing in the game since you can not get them anywhere and this discourages anyone who already has a jp of this syn.
In vendors' places like syn prepared, scavenger and some other, would put another syn so they could buy jp or mods with reputation, as already done in these syn mentioned above.

To be clear, these syn do not make any money. Nobody spends gulanite or reputation to buy such weapons syn, I would not buy myself. So I think these syn are only making weight on the server, there is no progress and no logical screens available. For example, between a dyn and a jp weapon, many would buy a dyn and leave out jp, depending on the syn, this is not at all. So I believe that with this removal would bring more players to the game and make the contracts that are made available, including buying the patron pass. That would be a big step for the game and for us players.

You brought to my mind weapons that I used when I was noob and I felt for those times "very important" lol, Karma (rolling thunder) loved his crit and Dawn's ligth (cannoneer).
Hopefully the answer you get is proportional to your optimism, even today Defiance is still an interesting game.

fm0987
05-15-2019, 12:23 PM
Idk about it helping with lag but I agree, keycode lockboxes are completely useless 99.9% of the time (cept occasional forge), and it makes expos at high tier feel like a complete waste of time when you get t4 or 5s with a standard synergy.

Dehcwb Head Hunter
05-15-2019, 01:54 PM
You brought to my mind weapons that I used when I was noob and I felt for those times "very important" lol, Karma (rolling thunder) loved his crit and Dawn's ligth (cannoneer).
Hopefully the answer you get is proportional to your optimism, even today Defiance is still an interesting game.

Yes, I used those weapons Lol. My question would be how the game is just moving forward, maybe it's time to leave those syn to back and bring new syn to the vendors. It is a good idea and I believe that many players agree with this, everyone will win, including gamigo. Today you buy the patron and do not use it for anything just to add ark forge and gain gulanite. Now changing the vendors and changing syn as per week is done in the numbra, this would motivate the players to have the patron.
Not exactly just jp, could put shields and mods as well.

llls1cKb0ylll
05-15-2019, 02:14 PM
Totally agree, vanilla syns are totally obsolete (even some from old events too) and should be removed.

OneBadClown
05-15-2019, 02:54 PM
Why? Who cares about them? Some use them some don't just
update not remove.

KNN
05-16-2019, 03:14 AM
I would say, a bolt action repeater assassin can be a very nice sniper hitting even 7.0x crit multiplier, same for sawed off shotguns with reload syn, with help of cyberrig they can reload 0.5 sec

Dehcwb Head Hunter
05-16-2019, 06:46 AM
Idk about it helping with lag but I agree, keycode lockboxes are completely useless 99.9% of the time (cept occasional forge), and it makes expos at high tier feel like a complete waste of time when you get t4 or 5s with a standard synergy.

The removal of syn would help the server to work free, with less instability. There is a lot of information accumulated on the server causing bugs and dc. When you have to identify a bug, you first need to find the line of this bug, imagine how many lines there are to review and you fix a bug. Maybe some of this syn mentioned are causing bugs on the server and as old syn is not worth checking. Note also that the servers are more loaded than years ago.

Dehcwb Head Hunter
05-16-2019, 06:48 AM
Totally agree, vanilla syns are totally obsolete (even some from old events too) and should be removed.

Ty man... We have the same brain Lol...
no one else uses these syn, it's over time to say goodbye

Dehcwb Head Hunter
05-16-2019, 06:52 AM
I would say, a bolt action repeater assassin can be a very nice sniper hitting even 7.0x crit multiplier, same for sawed off shotguns with reload syn, with help of cyberrig they can reload 0.5 sec

yes you could even make a weapon look good, but when the trion cast perfect it makes no sense to have these jp available, since they are less than perfect. It also has the problem of not having T5 mods available for purchase that makes you still not want to have these syn available.

Mundy Drudge
05-16-2019, 07:41 AM
So what do you propose happens to the guns that have original syns on them ? You can get t5 original syn mods in the mod caches from vendors .

Dehcwb Head Hunter
05-16-2019, 09:23 AM
Why? Who cares about them? Some use them some don't just
update not remove.

it's not just updating. No one else uses this syn. Do you buy the patron for what? Not at all. Will you spend your reputation buying mercenary being available with perfect weapons? Remembering the boxes that you buy using key cods drop old syn weapons that neither vendor you find. So what's the added benefit of having these syn yet ??

Valani
05-16-2019, 11:40 AM
Since players are picking up a lot more synergized weapons off the ground, I say do so. Only place you can get those retro synergies from nowadays are from lock boxes. New players may be into them, but that'll change once they see they can pick up better gear after taking down a few enemies. On top of this, Perfected Weapons drop in open world now...

KNN
05-16-2019, 02:49 PM
Ex inanis Runner is basically a new Lock Box system.

Decoy303
05-16-2019, 03:00 PM
I'm against certain ones being deleted. Like I have a assassin syn jp Bolter Mk1 that is prepatch with 3x critical rolls, fully t4 modded. I also pulled a vot mass blaster that I regret giving to a ******* that was syphon and cannoneer syn. The problem with these old syns is their crap cooldowns. They just need a little love and update to make them relevant. This was proposed long ago as this topic is nothing new. Doubt the developers will listen once again or do anything

Squint_421
05-16-2019, 03:45 PM
Rather have them update the syns instead of removing them. If ya really want to cut the lag down I say remove pvp & sw. Pretty sure that it would not only cut the lag it would also cut down on toxicity in-game and on the forums. Never got why devs put pvp in games advertised as a Co-op pve game.

Decoy303
05-16-2019, 04:04 PM
Well if they cut out PVP then they better come up with some new content, make cooperative maps playable without needing a group. I say this because I love maps like motherlode but can't enjoy them because someone is always speed running then for forge. I literally play pvp because there's not much else to do besides constantly get disconnected at Event Horizon majors.

Dehcwb Head Hunter
05-17-2019, 08:20 AM
Since players are picking up a lot more synergized weapons off the ground, I say do so. Only place you can get those retro synergies from nowadays are from lock boxes. New players may be into them, but that'll change once they see they can pick up better gear after taking down a few enemies. On top of this, Perfected Weapons drop in open world now...

exactly that is my thinking.

Dehcwb Head Hunter
05-17-2019, 08:27 AM
Ex inanis Runner is basically a new Lock Box system.

No one is buying ex-inanis boxes any more. Spending reputation and money on these types of weapons does not make up for it anymore.

Dehcwb Head Hunter
05-17-2019, 09:08 AM
Well if they cut out PVP then they better come up with some new content, make cooperative maps playable without needing a group. I say this because I love maps like motherlode but can't enjoy them because someone is always speed running then for forge. I literally play pvp because there's not much else to do besides constantly get disconnected at Event Horizon majors.

the pvp map I believe is not the problem, as coop it is a closed phase pvp also follows the same line. The problem is in the accumulation of lines in the game and data on the server. Note that they made a hardware exchange recently. The correct thing would really be to take the game out of Syn, which, in fact, does not bring more benefits like it used to.

Dehcwb Head Hunter
05-17-2019, 09:13 AM
Rather have them update the syns instead of removing them. If ya really want to cut the lag down I say remove pvp & sw. Pretty sure that it would not only cut the lag it would also cut down on toxicity in-game and on the forums. Never got why devs put pvp in games advertised as a Co-op pve game.

the toxic players will always exist, in any game you will see it. just know how to ignore and play the game for fun and not for the championship, nobody has gained anything from it until today. If you take it so seriously this should try to play fortnite, it is very toxic and competitive. You make the money.

Bushede Jade
05-17-2019, 09:48 AM
exactly that is my thinking.

Mentally, exactly may be aligned, but too often Gaming Imaginative's are in joy with Arkfall Industry Selection now dropping, subtracting the reason why Quest Hall and Arkfall Inc Pool's rewarding them, if Understanding's acknowledging Defiance Universal's Storyline Playing Out Live, within the Game...,

(A Great Conversation Indeed.....)

S373N
05-17-2019, 11:04 AM
You speak English very deliciously.

OneBadClown
05-17-2019, 11:19 AM

*Assassin;
*Brutal;
*Cannoneer;
*Ego Precision;
*Grenadier;
*Hard Boiled;
*Machinist;
*Nano Executioner;
*Nano Mastery;
*Outlaw;
*Prepared;
*Quartermaster;
*Rolling thunder;
*Run n Gun;
*Scavenger;
*Stalker;
*Survivalist;
*Veteran;

Explain to me why this is so important with crits and lag a bigger issue?

Cygnus
05-17-2019, 06:45 PM
The original synergies work as intended and all bonuses activate. I have a lot of very nice examples of these in all classes perfected. You should try some. I dont agree. I say keep your damn hands
off my guns!!

Valani
05-18-2019, 09:20 AM
The original synergies work as intended and all bonuses activate. I have a lot of very nice examples of these in all classes perfected. You should try some. I dont agree. I say keep your damn hands
off my guns!!

Regrettably, as you have indicated an intent to pursue a legal claim in an effort to enjoy the items acquired, we are going to have to confiscate your weapons and return them as we deem fit. :)

Dehcwb Head Hunter
05-20-2019, 07:30 AM
You speak English very deliciously.

Sorry for my bad english, im Brazilian :/ I'll try to write better. Thanks.

Alahali
05-20-2019, 07:36 AM

Maybe he said it by Bushede :)

Dehcwb Head Hunter
05-20-2019, 07:44 AM
Explain to me why this is so important with crits and lag a bigger issue?

a game is created by lines, programs and servers. Everyone works together.
When there is a bug, we have to look for this bug that appeared on those created lines. This takes time when you know where the bug is.
When you do not know where the bug is, it will take a long time to find. You have to review each line created that you think is giving trouble.
This will take a huge time to find.
Basically what I'm saying would be to eliminate those lines that are no longer used. Result: By deleting these lines, you would also be eliminating some hidden bugs.Removing these bugs would have fewer rows to check. It would also have eliminated space on the server, making it work less loaded with information (lines).
That would help a lot in every way. Since the game is moving forward, it would not be necessary to have these syn still available.
This would be a big step for gamigo, optimize space, win new players, eliminate delays and dcc.

Dehcwb Head Hunter
05-20-2019, 07:51 AM
off my guns!!

No one would eliminate their weapons. You're confusing. I'll explain better. Lol
who would have weapons of these syn (Jp) would not suffer any kind of injury.
It would be for new players who did not participate in majors from the year 2014 onwards.
If you have your JP, nothing would change. You just would not get a chance to get full nowadays. Who has these JP full would not change anything.I even have some of these JP full.
I hope I have helped you understand

S373N
05-20-2019, 10:51 AM

I clearly wasn't talking to you.

Cygnus
05-21-2019, 08:44 PM
Pretty sure if you remove those "lines" you will make those syns no longer work. Im 100% sure all suggestion from players that havent been here long enough will involve getting rid of something they dont use or think is not important, thinking it will reduce lag. Buahaaaaahahahahaaaaaa!!!!

Disclaimer: Defiance has lag and disconnects.

Defiances lag and disconnects are in the base code. Players have blamed servers, hackers, weapons, visual effects, muliti boxing, player population, away from controller players(AFC), large clans and now original syn. None of these suggestions fixed lag or disconnects but it did make the game less playable and less fun after the changes. So much so, almost no one plays. Saddest part, said suggesters usually move on to another game before changes are implemented and us that stay are left to suffer the changes. So just accept it and play or not.

llls1cKb0ylll
05-21-2019, 09:04 PM
Disclaimer: Defiance has lag and disconects.

Defiances lag and disconnects are in the base code. Players have blamed servers, hackers, weapons, visual effects, muliti boxing, player population, away from controller players(AFC), large clans and now original syn. None of these suggestions fixed lag or disconnects but it did make the game less playable and less fun after the changes. So much so, almost no one plays. Saddest part, said suggesters usually move on to another game before changes are implemented and us that stay are left to suffer the changes. So just accept it and play or not.

Yup, Zephkial confirmed that saying that lag has nothing to do with server load and I can belive that since I usually get server lag just after server restart when the ammount of players online is in it's lowest.
I'm not a dev but that might have to do with glitches/bugs in the base code, database load, phase load, netcode, etc etc but with actual server bandwith, can have something to do with server streaming load with some weapons with too much visual effects when there is too much stuff going on, as which I think is why those weapons were removed from 2050 (Mass Cannons, BMGs, Crimefighters, etc etc) but not sure about that.

Cygnus
05-22-2019, 12:05 AM
Lag is in the base code. It's been said. But if you give them things to take away or a new way to monetize, they will. It never ends up being anything like we ask and it creates new problems.

Tell them to bring back the exchange. It will reduce inventory, bring back some players and increase the weapon,shield, and mods available to everyone.