PDA

View Full Version : I'm just gonna leave this video here...

Protonyx
05-26-2019, 06:25 PM
...For anyone that thinks or says that Defiance is not a ptw game. According to the new bill, anything that has 'boosts' that allow faster progression through the game, be it by leveling up faster, skipping Cooldown timers, etc, is considered to be ptw. Also not to mention that the bill also includes the loot boxes that we all love and enjoy. So yeah, if this bill passes, defiance might just be screwed.

Here's the link to the vid: https://youtu.be/rYdq--Rpdu8

ShadowJack
05-26-2019, 08:47 PM
...For anyone that thinks or says that Defiance is not a ptw game. According to the new bill, anything that has 'boosts' that allow faster progression through the game, be it by leveling up faster, skipping Cooldown timers, etc, is considered to be ptw. Also not to mention that the bill also includes the loot boxes that we all love and enjoy. So yeah, if this bill passes, defiance might just be screwed.

Here's the link to the vid: https://youtu.be/rYdq--Rpdu8

Sounds like nanny state legislation to me. If children are buying this stuff you have a parenting problem not a gaming problem.

OneBadClown
05-27-2019, 09:57 AM
Sounds like nanny state legislation to me. If children are buying this stuff you have a parenting problem not a gaming problem.

How many kids do you have? Sounds like you think its easy to always know what your kids are doing.

ShadowJack
05-27-2019, 11:53 AM
How many kids do you have? Sounds like you think its easy to always know what your kids are doing.

I have 2. You're right, it wasn't easy.

Decoy303
05-27-2019, 04:55 PM
Why do you have to turn this into an argument? Protonyx is just being informative. Stay on topic.

ShadowJack
05-27-2019, 07:33 PM
No argument intended. Removed the unnecessary comment.

thank you

Protonyx
05-28-2019, 08:40 AM
Indeed, I'm just being informative. If this new bill does go through, then Defiance's main source of income will become illegal. What do you think will happen in that case? My guess is the games will shut down.

KevinVonBach
05-28-2019, 08:42 AM
My guess is the games will shut down.

Sounds like the eventual outcome to me, if in fact, this particular bill passes through.