PDA

View Full Version : Py - 05/29

elmoo
05-29-2019, 01:15 PM
So Py hasn't reset...
He still has the Frostbite & Christmass Cannon

Mundy Drudge
05-29-2019, 01:25 PM
At least he has something , did we expect anything else ?

elmoo
05-29-2019, 01:31 PM
At least he has something , did we expect anything else ?

I'd rather him have nothing than the same as last week tbh... Py seems to be forgotten about alot as of late

Mundy Drudge
05-29-2019, 01:34 PM
Not just Py but all of Oldfiance has been forgotten about and left to rot

Light Energy
05-29-2019, 01:49 PM
Thank you for the info :), hope someone at Gamigo can give Py a nudge.

I'd rather him have nothing than the same as last week tbh... Py seems to be forgotten about alot as of lateIMHO Py'Numbra should never be "empty" (with no jackpots). I prefer that he at least has some: perhaps someone still wants one of those jackpots or perhaps there are new players who finally have more than 12,500 PG and want to get "a jackpot".

I know it's not ideal, but speaking from experience, after spending ages trying to find that guy ... he better not be empty when I finally do find him - that really takes the cookie :eek::(.

elmoo
05-29-2019, 02:57 PM
IMHO Py'Numbra should never be "empty" (with no jackpots). I prefer that he at least has some: perhaps someone still wants one of those jackpots or perhaps there are new players who finally have more than 12,500 PG and want to get "a jackpot".

Thats a fair point... I just wish they'd keep him up to date like he used to be. Its got to the point i dread searching for him on wednesdays because lately, 9/10 times, he's empty...

Whereas, i used to enjoy the py hunt, for the surprise -_-

ADefiance
05-29-2019, 04:27 PM
I'd rather have them focus on the actual game & ditch py. The new company(Gamigo) has the same Defiance staff as the previous company! That sure tells us something.

MONKEYKING
05-29-2019, 04:32 PM
I personally hate py numbra. Guy ruined old jps value. Took a multi-million scrip inventory and turned it into mod holders. Nothing like getting all the time spent at mjr and trades and just spitting on it. I only find py for others never bought a single gun from him and wouldn't mind if was deleted one bit.

elmoo
05-29-2019, 05:49 PM
Well, before this event, for most people, if they didn't spend money on the game the only real way to get jps was through py. So removing him beforehand would have been unfair to those.
However, if JP's are back in the event lootpools again, and they rotate again giving everyone the chance to get them.. Then yes, it wouldn't be so bad.

mahatma andy
05-30-2019, 06:29 AM
I personally hate py numbra. Guy ruined old jps value. Took a multi-million scrip inventory and turned it into mod holders. Nothing like getting all the time spent at mjr and trades and just spitting on it. I only find py for others never bought a single gun from him and wouldn't mind if was deleted one bit.

I love Py, I can buy jackpots that I play too. In this EH-event I got 4 jackpots and none of them I will play and I am forced to trade to get a QW jackpot I want to play. Py is the better choice for me. Py does not devalue the jackpots. What the jackpots have devalued are copied skins and recycled parts from syns or recycled bonuses from rigs.

Remember also that a large part of the players (collectors) then only to the events plays. Gulanit farming would obsolet. Between the events, the servers in the current population are then almost empty. The consequence could be the shutdown of D13. And I do not think that anyone wants that.

David Ringo
05-30-2019, 11:46 PM
Py is the major reason, perhaps the only reason, I still play this game. Now that Gamigo can't even update py once a week regularly (LOL n shaking head) really making it harder for me to pickup the controller and play the old defiance. Seriously a once a week update and they drop the ball? hahaha, if putting new set of jps on py every week proven to be difficult then really, shame on Gamigo.

Light Energy
05-31-2019, 08:22 AM
Thats a fair point... I just wish they'd keep him up to date like he used to be.Me too! :) I think he could have been more automated. And if new jackpots are being added to the game with events, perhaps he should just have all those available during that event (perhaps at a slightly higher price).

The way Ex Inanis was set up for the last 2 years, I would say Py Numbra has been something of a saving grace. An opportunity for players to get certain jackpots which we had been hoping to obtain (often for long time). We still have the problem of modding them, so mod still have a relatively high value when the corresponding jackpots appear in Py Numbra.

Well, before this event, for most people, if they didn't spend money on the game the only real way to get jps was through py.All players can still get (as a random drop) the expedition jackpots (from expeditions) and the GA / AA jackpots from the Armament boxes ... but at least with Py there is (or should be) more certainty.

However, if JP's are back in the event lootpools again, and they rotate again giving everyone the chance to get them.. Then yes, it wouldn't be so bad.Yes, except:

Players without a Patron Pass would get very, very few jackpots (if any). Soon after I started playing Defiance, I did a lot of event majors with a friend. I had a Patron Pass, but they didn't. Going at my normal rate of major arkfalls, I could get roughly one jackpot per week. But, my friend who did roughly the same number of majors ... didn't get a single jackpot in 6 months :(.
Relying on jackpot drops from major events, means relying on your RNG. For many players this meant getting mostly pistols, sniper rifles and the occasional shotgun. I remember some of the old threads, like this (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?250113-Stop-duplicate-jp-drops) and this (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?252998-jackpot-weapons), players often got duplicate jackpots.

At least with Py Numbra, all players can get a jackpot they actually want :) (choose to purchase) rather than hoping the dice of chance gives them something "good". It gives players an incentive to participate and shoot things in sieges, incursions and arkfalls. That is something I have noticed in the last two years ... we can regularly get to much higher stages at sieges :D.

To me ... the existence of Py doesn't depreciate the value of jackpots in my inventory ... if I like them, enjoy them and make use of them. I think it only lowers the potential trading value of jackpots in people's inventories, but that shouldn't matter if they want to keep them. Personally, I'm happy to see players (clan mates, friends, new players) using some of the "coolest" gear in game ... the game is there for everyone to enjoy, after all.

MONKEYKING
05-31-2019, 10:03 AM
Sorry you guys misunderstood what i was trying to say by devalued. Show me a jp and ill show you a perfected that tops it in every stat. This is what i meant by devalued. No jp will ever top its perfected counterpart. Dont get me wrong i have jps that i love too but ive already built perf versions of every one of my own jps for actual game play.

Light Energy
05-31-2019, 10:56 AM
Sorry you guys misunderstood what i was trying to say by devalued. Show me a jp and ill show you a perfected that tops it in every stat. This is what i meant by devalued. No jp will ever top its perfected counterpart. Dont get me wrong i have jps that i love too but ive already built perf versions of every one of my own jps for actual game play.Oh, that's something different. Perfected Weapons are another kettle of fish! :eek: Yes, you can ... if you are willing to gamble a lot of PG ... build your own jackpot substitute. If you are lucky, and / or spend a lot of Arkforge ... you can "beat" a jackpot. That kind of thing, I thought would appeal to the "weapon crafters" :).

I've done it a few times ... but I still like getting weapons / shields with known stats, nanos and skins from Py. Going to the IDR vendors can sometimes feel like a real "crap shoot": like when I got three guided rocket sights in succession :D:confused:.

KNN
06-01-2019, 02:01 AM
Besides IDR doesn't have Phoenix Fist synergy and lacks of many more.

rebelyell
06-01-2019, 04:46 AM
py numbra the last 3 times ive spawned it hasnt had anything. also, no one i hear ingame has seen py with any weps at all for 2 or 3 weeks. so i can only speculate only eu server has weps on py..
its time to fix py numbra on NA server. neglecting py will keep people from even logging in to farm or eventually just leave. no reason for pg is same as no reason to log in.!

Bushede Jade
06-01-2019, 07:20 AM
Oh, that's something different. Perfected Weapons are another kettle of fish! :eek: Yes, you can ... if you are willing to gamble a lot of PG ... build your own jackpot substitute. If you are lucky, and / or spend a lot of Arkforge ... you can "beat" a jackpot. That kind of thing, I thought would appeal to the "weapon crafters" :).

I've done it a few times ... but I still like getting weapons / shields with known stats, nanos and skins from Py. Going to the IDR vendors can sometimes feel like a real "crap shoot": like when I got three guided rocket sights in succession :D:confused:.

Perfect Ark Gears are Rank Level Two Gears Of Forward Progession, Created By the Py'Numbra Dynasty, in the it's Level One Development Stage, approaching it's Final Phase, Perfected.

Jackpot Productions before Perfect, are Rank Level One Ark Gears, needed to Complete Perfect Ark Gear's Final Phase.

So in truth, Perfect Ark Gear's Jackpot Productions is not a substitute, if you've been following Defiance Universal's New Storyline, Ark-Tech Campaigns, And Production's Experiencing Adventures

zee_oh_six
06-02-2019, 04:27 PM
The way Ex Inanis was set up for the last 2 years, I would say Py Numbra has been something of a saving grace. An opportunity for players to get certain jackpots which we had been hoping to obtain (often for long time). We still have the problem of modding them, so mod still have a relatively high value when the corresponding jackpots appear in Py Numbra.

side question about the mods...i have a bio converter mag for the frostbite. would that trade well? are eternal mass mods still sought after?
stopped playing awhile ago but started playing again and seen a lot of players asking for mods for older synergies i have but i don't know what they are worth. could i get t5 cyber chips for t4 mods like err and stab sight?

Decoy303
06-02-2019, 10:10 PM
I don't think it's a mod worth more than 500k if it's a t5 bio hcm or far. It's just not a sought after synergy. However I would much rather make my naked t5 Frosty bio instead of it's natural electric nano.

elmoo
06-03-2019, 02:52 AM
I don't think it's a mod worth more than 500k if it's a t5 bio hcm or far.

I guess this depends on whether they’re playing on console or PC. On PC Scrip has no worth or value in regards to trading.

It's just not a sought after synergy. However I would much rather make my naked t5 Frosty bio instead of it's natural electric nano.

Agreed. EP is a synergy i dont think many people use at all, however for those that got the frostbite, they’d probably much rather it be converted as opposed to Electric. So it could have some trade value, mod for mod. Dont really think its that valuable as a converter though. Not like some other synergies.

Dehcwb Head Hunter
06-03-2019, 07:25 AM
Yeap... I find again and still whit Frostbite & Christmass Cannon
So Py hasn't reset...
He still has the Frostbite & Christmass Cannon