PDA

View Full Version : Midnight launch Possible?

RavnStrike
03-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Like the title says is there gonna be a midnight launch at gamestop since the ultimate edition is a game stop exclusive.. kinda like they do with halo madden call of duty moderen warfare etc etc..

will ya guys be hosting a midnight launch party so we can show up at gamestop at midnight april 2nd and get the game
????

SYN BLACK XS
03-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Good question. Definitely want to know before I pull the trigger on a pre-order package

duction
03-08-2013, 02:18 PM
doubt there will be on here in the UK the 1st is a Bank holiday

TR GunPlay
03-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Gamestops have to have at least 75 pre-orders at a store in order to do a midnight launch. Last I checked mine is not doing one.

Defy
03-08-2013, 02:26 PM
not sure whether it is up to the publisher or the retailer?

TR GunPlay
03-08-2013, 02:29 PM
It is up to the retailers to decide

KaosPenguin
03-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Gamestops have to have at least 75 pre-orders at a store in order to do a midnight launch. Last I checked mine is not doing one.

I was told 60 but I guess it varies from shop to shop.

In any event my gamestop isn't having any midnight release, there's only 6 pre-orders for the 360 and 1 for PS3.

RavnStrike
03-08-2013, 02:49 PM
well i would think maybe trion since they offered the deal to gamestop for the ultimate package .. i think this would be great and a good way to party down i mean cause ... christ like walmart does midnight releases on games and dvd's no pre order needed ... so i dont see the issue and i would really like to get some dev to comment on this

Desidus
03-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Walmart canada doesn't seem to have the game listed on their site... stupid Canada Walmart...

Dekar
03-08-2013, 02:56 PM
It really IS up to the store, not the developer. They may arrange for one in a particular are but it's a little doubtful for this game in all regions. I personally feel that Early april adoption will be lower than expected, but once the show airs, we will see some significant uptake.

TR GunPlay
03-08-2013, 02:59 PM
It really IS up to the store, not the developer. They may arrange for one in a particular are but it's a little doubtful for this game in all regions. I personally feel that Early april adoption will be lower than expected, but once the show airs, we will see some significant uptake.

That is exactly what I think will happen

duction
03-08-2013, 03:02 PM
when does the show air ?

BleakPanther
03-08-2013, 03:09 PM
April 15th in the US. Primetime on SyFy.

Defy
03-08-2013, 03:24 PM
maybe some stores will do it once more ppl preorder

Solo
03-08-2013, 03:30 PM
I hope my Gamestop do a midnight release I'm skipping classes the next day

A s0t
03-08-2013, 03:33 PM
my gamestop told me they need 70-75 pre-orders for a midnight launch

RIPPER
03-08-2013, 03:35 PM
I have never missed a mid night release for most shooters and I'm not gonna miss this one but it does not depend on trion it only matters that it gets released on a Tuesday or its specific day like I said Tuesday and it mostly depends on GameStop of they get a lot of pre ordereds like maybe more than 30 they will but less they won't and if your gamestop is in a mall or something then it depends on numbers and sales
And also some stores require higher numbers but not all

Raizell_Hunter
03-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Being I was store manager for Gamestop and MMO's aren't really anything they care about even if it is on 3 systems because the company only gives big games like Halo, Madden, COD, WOW, etc green lights and extra hours for the stores to do them. Other wise a store can do them there self as long as there DM knows but they have to make it work with the hours the store is given for the week to run on since they don't get extra help from the store support or payroll for it.

It would be more likely that if another game comes out that day that they have a larger market share on and actually care about then you could pick it up that night while they do the midnight for the other game. That is also saying that the company cared enough about the shiping on that game to have it there by Thursday/Friday so they have it incase they want to have it Tuesday morning or for store to store transfers/stock balancing Monday for stores to have what they need for pre-orders Tuesday morning.

FYI, there isn't any rule for a min number for a midnight opening, I use to do them for 20 pre-orders just to get take customers from my sister stores. That is either the manager is trying to be PC about it or that is a DM thing. Like I said if you can make it work within the hours given and it makes sense and you let the DM know they can do a midnight for whatever. Unless your a mall store and the mall charges for midnights then its a big no way lol. Unless its something like COD, Halo etc.

Defy
03-08-2013, 04:07 PM
either way I know that if there is a midnight launch or party or somethign, I am going :)

Nerdy Ryuu
03-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Dont know if I should go to gamestop or just or off amazon.

Tr3nch
03-08-2013, 04:13 PM
eh just buy it from Trion and don't worry about it ;) I prefer to download my client when others are still in line at a midnight release.

Defy
03-08-2013, 04:15 PM
eh just buy it from Trion and don't worry about it ;) I prefer to download my client when others are still in line at a midnight release.

though I think for console you cant buy digital?

A s0t
03-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Mirco$oft and $ony would have to put it in the games on demand, and psn store

Desidus
03-08-2013, 04:20 PM

Playstation store lists it as disc only... for now.

killerbee04x
03-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Well I better get my order the day before the second from the mail. I don't want to have wait till the post office opens.. @ 9