PDA

View Full Version : Expedition 5 minute window

Rouge Assasin
11-09-2019, 08:47 AM
Anyone know about the 5 minute expedition window? I know you only have 5 minutes to start the next round. However, im looking for more details.
1. Does the "round tracker" reset daily?
2. Will joining lower tiers effect the tracker?
3. What happens if the round tracker is disrupted?
4. Does logging out effect it? (Dc,power outage).

Goog "defiance ps3 expedition round tracker". For the devs article.
Better yet if someone has an official rule book, that would be great.
How can you play if you dont know the rules?

I have been testing the tracker. The main thing is how many drops at the end of match. A 500 ego on a tier 32 gets 6 drops. (Untill tracker resets then 3 drops)
I also notice the drops are horrible if the tracker is disrupted. Nothing but t4 drops.
Yesterday I found 4 really nice ARk shields on ground in one match. (Ironclad guardian/survivor, Rhino regen/survivor). This was after running 20 rounds back to back.
Hopefully this can help a lot of players.

RJRJ35
11-09-2019, 10:48 AM
I never heard of it on pc, is it only for ps3? On their post (i googd it first result) it said you only have 5 minutes to continue but what's up with that is it a timer they removed when they didn't require HR's to start expos anymore but it still stays there and counts down and affects your rewards?

photoz
11-09-2019, 12:35 PM
I never heard of it on pc, is it only for ps3? On their post (i googd it first result) it said you only have 5 minutes to continue but what's up with that is it a timer they removed when they didn't require HR's to start expos anymore but it still stays there and counts down and affects your rewards?

I didn't know there is a tracker except the end of the round there is a 10 sec count down before the map change or end of the expedition there is that 30 second count down. Are those what you are talking about?

RJRJ35
11-09-2019, 12:53 PM
I didn't know there is a tracker except the end of the round there is a 10 sec count down before the map change or end of the expedition there is that 30 second count down. Are those what you are talking about?

Those r the only ones I know of the 5 minute countdown timer i never heard of it. Trions page from when they introduced expeditions says you only have 5 minutes to continue your expo after arriving back at Alcatraz so something from that still lingering in the code maybe

Oneworld100
11-09-2019, 01:09 PM
Anyone know about the 5 minute expedition window? I know you only have 5 minutes to start the next round. However, im looking for more details.
1. Does the "round tracker" reset daily?
2. Will joining lower tiers effect the tracker?
3. What happens if the round tracker is disrupted?
4. Does logging out effect it? (Dc,power outage).

Goog "defiance ps3 expedition round tracker". For the devs article.
Better yet if someone has an official rule book, that would be great.
How can you play if you dont know the rules?

I have been testing the tracker. The main thing is how many drops at the end of match. A 500 ego on a tier 32 gets 6 drops. (Untill tracker resets then 3 drops)
I also notice the drops are horrible if the tracker is disrupted. Nothing but t4 drops.
Yesterday I found 4 really nice ARk shields on ground in one match. (Ironclad guardian/survivor, Rhino regen/survivor). This was after running 20 rounds back to back.
Hopefully this can help a lot of players.

When the 500ego player would be in round 3 or more and plays a t32 He will get normal drops AS anyone else.
When someone is round 1 or 2 and plays a t30 or more He or she will get the big eggdrops or skitters.

Oneworld100
11-09-2019, 01:12 PM
To be honest: i have no clue what this thread is about.
Playd thousands of expos and neva heard of this.
Your questions are confusing me atm also a bit lol

Rouge Assasin
11-09-2019, 01:53 PM
No the round tracker is how many rounds you have done in a row (without exceding the 5min window when u are back at traz).The drops will be way better.

Rouge Assasin
11-09-2019, 01:57 PM
Someone told me today that the round tracker resets weekly. Im guessing it would reset also if you start over.
Was hoping it would reset daily.

photoz
11-09-2019, 02:00 PM
Someone told me today that the round tracker resets weekly. Im guessing it would reset also if you start over.
Was hoping it would reset daily.

I am confused. When you are talking about reset, you are referring to the weekly reset? Expedition reset on a weekly basis every Monday. If that's what you are referring to, then yes. They do reset. Player have been proposing not resetting weekly.

If you want reset, you can easily end an expedition and that would reset your round. Hope that clear things up :)

photoz
11-09-2019, 02:03 PM
No the round tracker is how many rounds you have done in a row (without exceding the 5min window when u are back at traz).The drops will be way better.

From what I been told, drop is the best once you pass tier 30-35, and drops doesn't change pass that point. I am not sure if that's true or not, I always try to play around those 30-35. It usually becomes to difficult to solo once it pass that point.

MONKEYKING
11-09-2019, 03:42 PM
The timer was removed when the hr requirements to start were removed. ( maybe a lil before that actually) As far as it still effecting drops idk about that. I always have terrible drops lol. Rounds reset on mondays or you can end your expo and itll reset manually. I member the timer days man no screwing around or youd lose ALL progress and start from rnd 1 if it ran out.( just enough time to hit the bathroom and top off your drink) Now itll run all week. No lost progress or rnds/tiers dunno if this helps but hopefully it clears it up some.

Also any rnd completed counts as another rnd even if you do a lower tier.( hence why some people use alts to start then kick the alt. Aka tier locking)

Rouge Assasin
11-23-2019, 08:31 AM
I have never had good drops in expo untill recently. Normally I just run a few rounds when I have free time. What I have noticed is I have way better drops when doing 10-15 rounds in a row. Every round 2-3 oj drops on the ground and more oj's t6's in the egg. Maybe some other players will post if their drops are better running non stop expo"s.

NAS
11-23-2019, 12:15 PM
I only expo. I average around 300-500 tiers weekly (less since migration x360na) I find it funny that no one has mentioned this on the forums since I've actively been reading them (4yrs). I call this expo method "rapid firing" its actually the main expo strat to use imo (10+ expos b2b in rapid succession). It does seem to increase your "drop rate" to a point. I find it works even better if you play with a full team of 4 players all from the same clan all on each others friends lists. Not only does it increase your drop rate but it also increases you chances of pulling multiple sup/t6 chips + JP drops per boss box.
But some of us have horrible "RNG" and "drop rates" and prefer to run them solo (me) as when other players join my game and pull a sup/t6 the next won't drop for around 50-100 rounds unless I reset (I never reset lol)