PDA

View Full Version : Pistols? The Most Underrated Weapon In-game!

Over00
04-12-2013, 03:19 AM
Over the last few days on both the forums and on my clans teamspeak I have heard many people discussing about how "pistols are useless" etc

You guys could not be more wrong! After playing since the launch using an AR/Shotgun combo I never really bothered with pistols. But after last night deciding to add a little variety to my gameplay I picked up a wolfhound pistol and proceeded to fully mod it. Boy am I glad I did!

The pistol itself is extremely accurate, has a very good fire rate and best of all has a 4.2 crit multiplier!.

To put that into context, take hellbug warriors. Time your shots and it takes two bullets to kill them. 99'ers and dark matter? 2 bullets to the head is a kill. And you hardly need to aim down the sights that is how accurate these pistols are.

Such a rewarding gun to use that I am considering retiring my shotgun all together.

Anybody else of the same mindset?

Ronan DEx
04-12-2013, 03:23 AM
I am completely on board with you :)

Pistols are very effective if used well. I have 4 I keep in my inventory wolfhound is my fave

Greywolf
04-12-2013, 03:35 AM
yep they rock, i have been spreading the word for ages now..

PISTOL ADVOCATE IN THIS THREAD

watch my 2 movies in my signature :) that's all i can say

Edit: I currently have about 10 on my player, 3 or so maxxed out, and rest just leveling, almost level 10 in pistols

Second Edit: Also the hotshot in san fran gives pistol mods if u want to farm it, and its cool too, awesome shootout in the street

theycallmelaz
04-12-2013, 03:38 AM
Agree about the Wolfhound, It is a bloody good pistol and is great for back up. I will definitely mod this weapon next

Over00
04-12-2013, 03:40 AM
yep they rock, i have been spreading the word for ages now..

PISTOL ADVOCATE IN THIS THREAD

watch my 2 movies in my signature :) that's all i can say

Edit: I currently have about 10 on my player, 3 or so maxxed out, and rest just leveling, almost level 10 in pistols

Second Edit: Also the hotshot in san fran gives pistol mods if u want to farm it, and its cool too, awesome shootout in the street

Those videos are prime examples of how good they are. 1.7k constant critical hits with a very accurate 16 round pistol :D

Over00
04-12-2013, 03:43 AM
Agree about the Wolfhound, It is a bloody good pistol and is great for back up. I will definitely mod this weapon next

Works even better when you mod it with a crit multiplier barrel :D

Greywolf
04-12-2013, 03:44 AM
Those videos are prime examples of how good they are. 1.7k constant critical hits with a very accurate 16 round pistol :D

Yeah, wish i made it higher quality now, but i didnt have it modded in that movie, it only had 12, and i had a few reload bugs where it sat on 0, i dont bother modding them anymore while im leveling, just takes so many hotshots to get a +4 clip

In the hellbug one i probably did have a modded on going tho, cause arkfall was just coming in

teflondon
04-12-2013, 03:52 AM
I've been using pistols since day one along with my sniper rifles. Infact used a purple FRC Northstar flare gun to start-finish Nim Shandu. The only low point of pistols for me is I often find them more efficient than my rifles :( You'd have to be Monster perfect aiming to kill as Fast with the rifles as you can with a well modded wolfhound in most cases. @Sigh@ lol

Greywolf
04-12-2013, 03:54 AM
Just got a +4 wolfhound blue pistol, fire.. tho.. but still will be good when i mod it, and hold out until i get an orange one :D

Edit: T3 loxbox, +5% dmg from last shot in clip :( for synergy lol

Jammylambo
04-12-2013, 03:55 AM
love the pistols so was super excited for the pistol for defeating nim. sadly it sucks wahhh! think ill stick with my wolfhound.

Over00
04-12-2013, 03:57 AM
love the pistols so was super excited for the pistol for defeating nim. sadly it sucks wahhh! think ill stick with my wolfhound.

The burst potential on that pistol is insane though! Problom is, it runs out of ammo just before you make the kill :p

theycallmelaz
04-12-2013, 03:57 AM
Is there any decent synergy mods for the wolfhound people would recommend?

Greywolf
04-12-2013, 03:59 AM

yeah man, that pistol is bad, wolfhound or wolverine, i have a puple +4 mag wolverine, that bursts 4 shots, and its siphon, with nano proc on crit, burst 4 headshots and heal procs like every second ****, its rediculous for tanking heaps of guys, and the burst is pretty forgiving

Jammylambo
04-12-2013, 04:00 AM
yeah man, that pistol is bad, wolfhound or wolverine, i have a puple +4 mag wolverine, that bursts 4 shots, and its siphon, with nano proc on crit, burst 4 headshots and heal procs like every second ****, its rediculous for tanking heaps of guys, and the burst is pretty forgiving

words cannot describe my jelousy

Greywolf
04-12-2013, 04:02 AM
Is there any decent synergy mods for the wolfhound people would recommend?

if you can put together "any" synergy for a pistol it would be good, the first one u make, equip it, better then none, then from there set your goals

Lurcheus
04-12-2013, 04:05 AM
I just started using a Wolfhound myself and it's crits are dirty.

Greywolf
04-12-2013, 04:05 AM
words cannot describe my jelousy

You will get one too, you know what you want, just keep leveling pistols and eventually you will get what you want, that's all i am doing, just ALWAYS have a pistol that has no xp on it in your inventory, and FYI

Rank 10 Pistol: +15% melee dmg, so if you could use a brutal set of mods with blur, would be insane... maybe thats the direction they want us to go

Exes
04-12-2013, 04:21 AM
The Detu Ara is far from being crap. It has a fire rate of 13 and a mag of 23. Means you can unload those 23 bullets in like 1,8 seconds with a base damage of 350 makes: 8050 damage in those 1,8 seconds. Having such a high fire rate makes the nano effect proc basically all the time. It is very good if you need quick burst (even better with overload as you can make it reload instantly having a burst of 46 bullets without any waiting time). Sure the crit on it sucks but the fire rate makes up for it even if you aim at critical spots you will do more damage with the Detu Ara than a wolfhound. At the same time it outperforms any pistol on targets without critical spots such as arkfall crystals (not the one that get bitten by skitterlings but any else).

The downsides are of course that you run out of ammo in just a few seconds so you will need a good 2nd gun. And the accuracy get's bad after firing non stop.

illgot
04-12-2013, 04:22 AM
Pistols are awesome, they just have crap for ammo reserve.

Greywolf
04-12-2013, 04:36 AM
The downsides are of course that you run out of ammo in just a few seconds so you will need a good 2nd gun. And the accuracy get's bad after firing non stop.

Those downsides make it atrocious and a horrible gun, my wolverine does burst precision, has siphon and a 24 bullet clip, it is constantly procing siphon due to ego crit trait.

Detu Aru wastes more ammo then a german machine gunner on d-day.

Exes
04-12-2013, 04:41 AM
Those downsides make it atrocious and a horrible gun, my wolverine does burst precision, has siphon and a 24 bullet clip, it is constantly procing siphon due to ego crit trait.

Detu Aru wastes more ammo then a german machine gunner on d-day.

It still out performs any pistol in pure dmg for a few seconds if you need the burst. Pistols have horrible dmg loss at range anyway so if you are very close Detu Ara will be better.

Greywolf
04-12-2013, 04:49 AM
Crit with wolfhound 500%
Crit with Deta Atu 120%

1 Crit : 3.5 Detu Aru crits

Although it had twice the fire rate, wolfhound fires as fast as you can click pretty much, so your going to out dps it in terms of burst, for that ammo consumption and lack of dps, i wouldnt waste my time

Cutlass Jack
04-12-2013, 04:52 AM
Rank 10 Pistol: +15% melee dmg, so if you could use a brutal set of mods with blur, would be insane... maybe thats the direction they want us to go

! Lack of melee bonus has been the only reason I haven't been working up my Pistol skills. I need to do that now. Now I just need to find a good one that has a visible blade on it when modded.

Greywolf
04-12-2013, 04:55 AM
! Lack of melee bonus has been the only reason I haven't been working up my Pistol skills. I need to do that now. Now I just need to find a good one that has a visible blade on it when modded.

LoL, haven't seen any with visible blades, GL tho

Exes
04-12-2013, 04:56 AM
Crit with wolfhound 500%
Crit with Deta Atu 120%

1 Crit : 3.5 Detu Aru crits

Although it had twice the fire rate, wolfhound fires as fast as you can click pretty much, so your going to out dps it in terms of burst, for that ammo consumption and lack of dps, i wouldnt waste my time

It can even hold the dmg on crit spots, but on non crit spots its grossly superior.

Over00
04-12-2013, 04:57 AM
That would be as good as the meter long bayonet from Borderlands 2!

Greywolf
04-12-2013, 05:07 AM
It can even hold the dmg on crit spots, but on non crit spots its grossly superior.

The idea of pistoling is to be close-medium range and aim for crit spots, if your using it for white damage you might as well be using a sub machine gun.

cyrix
04-12-2013, 05:09 AM
Dude stop bigging up the woldhound! Stuff like this is why weapons get nerfed!

Just use it, know its awesome and keep quiet ;)

illgot
04-12-2013, 05:13 AM
how do you find out the base crit % of a weapon?

nm lol

Greywolf
04-12-2013, 05:15 AM
how do you find out the base crit % of a weapon?

Crit Mult, Crit multiplier, so if its 1.2 thats 120% of dmg is the dmg dealt if you hit a weak spot, if its 5 that means 500%, cool>?

Edit: Some things take alot more dmg in a weak spot, for example a forge, shoot it in the eyeball and you can easy do 7k a shot

Over00
04-16-2013, 12:57 AM
Got lucky last night.

Found an epic Wolfhound with the assassin synergy (+6% crit mult and 15% more damage on next shot after a critical kill), 1.15x crit multiplier and 10% ego recharge on full reload.

It one shots 99'ers already not counting the synergy :O

NeverMiss
04-16-2013, 01:35 AM
I will try and pick up a Wolfhound I loved pistol in the beta. I will try it

Greywolf
04-16-2013, 01:42 AM
Got lucky last night.

Found an epic Wolfhound with the assassin synergy (+6% crit mult and 15% more damage on next shot after a critical kill), 1.15x crit multiplier and 10% ego recharge on full reload.

I am jelly for shizzle.. nice stat roll there

ninjaflood
04-16-2013, 01:52 AM
Got lucky last night.

Post a screenshot?

DrNoesis
04-16-2013, 01:52 AM
i thought my AR was awesome....

Then I tried my first wolverine...

Pistols are pure awesome :) Have to agree on the Detu Aru though, that thing burns through ammo like nobodies business, and seems to be especially prone to the double reload glitch (especially if you're holding right click to aim without a scope)

JMadFour
04-16-2013, 01:54 AM
my 2nd weapon rotates as I feel, but I always keep a Pistol in slot # 1.

just got my first Wolfhound, and that thing is beastly. can't wait to get some decent mods for it.

Erei
04-16-2013, 01:55 AM
Dude stop bigging up the woldhound! Stuff like this is why weapons get nerfed!

Just use it, know its awesome and keep quiet ;)
The weapon still require some skills, as if you miss the head, the damage is not that great. I tested it and I didn't like it. Don't say it's bad, just a personal feeling. It doesn't deserve a nerf. A weapon can be fun and effective, without being OP, and deserving a nerf.

JMadFour
04-16-2013, 01:57 AM
The weapon still require some skills, as if you miss the head, the damage is not that great. I tested it and I didn't like it. Don't say it's bad, just a personal feeling. It doesn't deserve a nerf. A weapon can be fun and effective, without being OP, and deserving a nerf.

yeah, Pistols only really stand out on headshots, for the most part.

Deadlysil3nce07
04-16-2013, 02:19 AM
I have a purple wolfhound wot the best mod for that gun ,??

Lupis Volk
04-16-2013, 02:20 AM
Over the last few days on both the forums and on my clans teamspeak I have heard many people discussing about how "pistols are useless" etc

You guys could not be more wrong! After playing since the launch using an AR/Shotgun combo I never really bothered with pistols. But after last night deciding to add a little variety to my gameplay I picked up a wolfhound pistol and proceeded to fully mod it. Boy am I glad I did!

The pistol itself is extremely accurate, has a very good fire rate and best of all has a 4.2 crit multiplier!.

To put that into context, take hellbug warriors. Time your shots and it takes two bullets to kill them. 99'ers and dark matter? 2 bullets to the head is a kill. And you hardly need to aim down the sights that is how accurate these pistols are.

Such a rewarding gun to use that I am considering retiring my shotgun all together.

oh yes i have a pistol set mainly for crit damage. beats most of my mid-long range AR/LMG's. Pistols=Uber gun with the right set up.

Deadlysil3nce07
04-16-2013, 04:00 AM
Can any1 tell me the best name of mods to used on a wolfhound pistol??

Lyokira
04-16-2013, 04:01 AM
yeah, Pistols only really stand out on headshots, for the most part.

Or on things with really large glaring stationary weakpoints, like red crystal hellion arkfalls, or when those launcher guys take a break.

The exception is the flaregun, which I do agree it should be nerfed. Large base damage, larger than average crit, AoE (which also makes it easier to crit), NO damage fallout (probably cause it's a grenade-type attack), high damage DoT (about as powerful as pyro grenades). The only real weakness is the slow fire rate (making it comparable to shotgun nade launchers or detonaters), and the low ammo capacity (which is negated if you find one with a +8 mag bonus)

Alcohol Fueled Brewtality
04-16-2013, 04:04 AM
TL;DR version -

All the Pistols suck, except the Wolfhound which is awesome.

Lyokira
04-16-2013, 04:15 AM
TL;DR version -

And the flaregun, which is op, and getting nerfed, hopefully not overnerfed though. I imagine 800 base damage (to match the non-sticky combat shotgun nade damage), 40 DoT (to match the dot from fire element), and 1.5x crit (it's not a sniper weapon. No other AoE weapon has bonus crit) would be fine.

JMadFour
04-16-2013, 04:17 AM
TL;DR version -

Wolverines are pretty good too.

Scorpio989
04-16-2013, 04:22 AM
Noob: Detonators and Launchers suck!
Me: -Does 200k dmg with single detonator clip and wipes whole arkfall-
Noob: Hacker.

Welcome to gaming.

Over00
04-16-2013, 04:25 AM
Post a screenshot?

At work, so can't now

JMadFour
04-16-2013, 04:26 AM

Welcome to gaming.

Guided Launchers do suck.

Mass Cannons though...<3 <3 with all my <3

never tried a Detonator.

Lyokira
04-16-2013, 04:27 AM

Welcome to gaming.

There're two main advantages of detonators/launchers compared to shortgun/flaregun nadethrowers: Larger AoE, and perks which actually improve them. However if you AREN'T using those perks, shotgun nadethrowers are way more reliable thanks to the larger ammo capacity and larger base damage (for sawed off shotguns).

cyrix
04-16-2013, 04:30 AM
Pistols are fine as they are, I used a pistol and sniper combo exclusively and so far I'm always too of the damage on ark falls by a looooooong way.

Last night I did all the ark falls to the run up of the major and had to do something totally missing the major at the end, I come back and the major is at 5%, i shoot simbiant once and boom im still top of the damage with some FAT loot ;)

Lyokira
04-16-2013, 04:33 AM
Pistols are fine as they are, I used a pistol and sniper combo exclusively and so far I'm always too of the damage on ark falls by a looooooong way.

Last night I did all the ark falls to the run up of the major and had to do something totally missing the major at the end, I come back and the major is at 5%, i shoot simbiant once and boom im still top of the damage with some FAT loot ;)

Depending on the type of arkfall, the major actually gives the least contribution. Also, I suspect it counts overkill damage towards the contribution, meaning someone driving over all the bugs has a significant advantage becaose of overkilling all the tiny bugs.

Alcohol Fueled Brewtality
04-16-2013, 04:54 AM
I really wish the Magnum didn't suck. Everything it does, a Sniper Rifle does better.

My dream Loadout would be Sawed Off Shotgun+Magnum...

RoG Goat
04-16-2013, 05:42 AM
I was using them for awhile, and I wanted more challenge.. so I started using LMGs. (:

The pistols are overpowered.

Over00
04-16-2013, 05:57 AM
I was using them for awhile, and I wanted more challenge.. so I started using LMGs. (:

The pistols are overpowered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woySeSNBL3o

Eliniell
04-16-2013, 07:19 PM
Where does one find these Wolfhound Pistols? I've been wanting to run with a decent Pistol for a while.. but most of the ones I've found are just ****.

reciprocate
04-16-2013, 07:24 PM
Works even better when you mod it with a crit multiplier barrel :D

I have mine with a 1.15 crit multi barrel, and while I think it's nice. I think it's better with a falloff damage barrel so it can work as a short range sniper (mixed with a good scope of course).

Still, I love my Wolfhound pistol too. Can pack a nice punch.

Lyokira
04-16-2013, 07:25 PM
Where does one find these Wolfhound Pistols? I've been wanting to run with a decent Pistol for a while.. but most of the ones I've found are just ****.

Luck. Also protip: every vendor has their own special of the hour, so jump around.

Pizzarugi
04-16-2013, 07:27 PM
I've always disregarded pistols due to low base damage and lower clip. I guess I'll have to research them again.

cfStatic
04-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Got lucky last night.

I'd kill for this pistol, holy crap.

Does the 15% stack? That'd be grossly OP if it did.

Lyokira
04-16-2013, 07:32 PM
I've always disregarded pistols due to low base damage and lower clip. I guess I'll have to research them again.

There's really only 4 pistols worth mentioning:
Northstar Flare: AoE, high damage DoT, high crit
Wolverine: 4 shot burst, reasonable damage.
Wolfhound: MASSIVE crit.
VOT Blaster (if I remembered the name right): Massive fire rate.

kyxsune
04-16-2013, 07:42 PM
2 siphon wolverines make you a tough bastard to kill. Just need more passive reloading.

RoboSeal
04-16-2013, 07:45 PM
would be nice to hold Y to switch to pistols, that way we still have two primaries and sidearm much like gears of war :)

Kriegson
04-16-2013, 07:48 PM
They need to fix the revolvers, then I'll be happy =/ Extremely "meh" damage and insanely slow fire rate on most. Probably slowest firing weapons in the game without hyperbole.

Saber024
04-16-2013, 07:52 PM
loving the wolfhounds as well. partnered with my sniper rifle build.

Flak
04-16-2013, 08:22 PM
My fav pistols at the moment are the Detu Ara and Bull Rush .45. Dont have either modded yet, the Detu Ara is a monster, seems to be better then its stats.

Silent Sinner
04-17-2013, 03:52 AM
Just found this (click pic to enlarge):

Not perfect, and I heard assassin mods are hard to get, but I guess its a keeper for now.

Xenocow
04-17-2013, 04:14 AM
Pistols rock :)
Still using the one i've got from Nim (Detu Ara)...fully modded...its so crazy damage :)
Overcharge...31 Rounds... Firerate 13.0!...and you basicly annihilate everything^^

Over00
04-17-2013, 04:45 AM
Just found this (click pic to enlarge):

Not perfect, and I heard assassin mods are hard to get, but I guess its a keeper for now.

Found one similar, but the one I have is radiation damage (more damage applied to the target) with 1.15x crit multiplier instead of -0.10 recoil and 10% ego recharge on reload instead of grenade recharge.

Overall, its one badass pistol!

Alechiel
04-17-2013, 05:00 AM
I love this jewel since I got it from a rank 3 lockbox :

http://i.imgur.com/LxjStyy.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/Y1HEhEZ.jpg?1

Over00
04-18-2013, 01:08 AM
Post a screenshot?

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6273/glisten.png

DOOM996
04-18-2013, 01:34 AM
I agree! I have a legendary Wolfhound in my inventory, maxed out the modds and this thing is a beast! Fire rate and reload time is rediciolous, haha! Will use it more in PvP i guess ;)

Over00
04-18-2013, 01:37 AM
Its great taking down blacklungs in 4 shots with overcharge =P

Tgreen
04-18-2013, 01:46 AM
Last two purple guns look really nice. The orange one's pretty bad though, despite it's rarity ... revive proc is not what you'd want to get.

Over00, think about getting a catalyst mag instead of ammo for your next gun. Especially with siphon and radiation, which increase your dps significantly.

Lyokira
04-18-2013, 01:58 AM
Last two purple guns look really nice. The orange one's pretty bad though, despite it's rarity ... revive proc is not what you'd want to get.

Over00, think about getting a catalyst mag instead of ammo for your next gun. Especially with siphon and radiation, which increase your dps significantly.

Siphon yes, not quite so for radiation, since you get no benefit for reapplication of debuff.

Pizzarugi
04-18-2013, 02:04 AM
I got lucky and got my hands on a northstar flare. Yeah it's a pretty decent weapon with a real lengthy fire duration which really shoots up its damage. Reminds me of the incinerator detonator, but with a larger ammo pool and a slightly faster reload.

Also, my pistol seems to have radiation effect on it too. Kinda funny really, considering it already sets things on fire. How could it also irradiate targets?

Lyokira
04-18-2013, 02:10 AM
I got lucky and got my hands on a northstar flare. Yeah it's a pretty decent weapon with a real lengthy fire duration which really shoots up its damage. Reminds me of the incinerator detonator, but with a larger ammo pool and a slightly faster reload.

Also, my pistol seems to have radiation effect on it too. Kinda funny really, considering it already sets things on fire. How could it also irradiate targets?

That dot stacks with fire damage too. MORE BURNINATION.

Tgreen
04-18-2013, 02:18 AM

I never found a flare without an element, had 3 with electro and 1 rad. Their effects don't trigger though, or at least never triggered on any of the 4 flares I maxed on exp before the patch hit. You see the "kill effect" of your element when the target dies through a direct hit, but that's about it.

There was an interesting bug with the flare before the patch: every hit on a dark matter enforcer, sniper or monitor was a critical hit.

Siphon yes, not quite so for radiation, since you get no benefit for reapplication of debuff.

You benefit from the higher chance of applying the debuff in the first place. It's far from 100% so 10% more chance to deal 20% more damage with subsequent shots (and all shots fired by allies) dies sound like a good deal to me.
Of course there are guns that need the additional ammo to have a good "mag size / reload"-ratio, but if you don't need it catalyst is a good DPS increase on any gun really.

Chev
04-18-2013, 02:24 AM
Just checking in to agree with the OP. Been using a Wolfhound since day one, (actually I wanted one first 'cos Cass using it and it looks pretty cool) and since that day it's my permanent secondary weapon. Couldn't find any for keeps yet, dyin' tryin'.
The only thing I would change about them is how the mag mods look. That +mag round clip at the end or the fast reloader both makes the gun look terrible. :-(

Evilution
04-18-2013, 02:25 AM
I agree! I have a legendary Wolfhound in my inventory, maxed out the modds and this thing is a beast! Fire rate and reload time is rediciolous, haha! Will use it more in PvP i guess ;)Shhh, I just got a legendary one, don't want it nerfing :p

Lyokira
04-18-2013, 02:26 AM
I never found a flare without an element, had 3 with electro and 1 rad. Their effects don't trigger though, or at least never triggered on any of the 4 flares I maxed on exp before the patch hit. You see the "kill effect" of your element when the target dies through a direct hit, but that's about it.

There was an interesting bug with the flare before the patch: every hit on a dark matter enforcer, sniper or monitor was a critical hit.

You benefit from the higher chance of applying the debuff in the first place. It's far from 100% so 10% more chance to deal 20% more damage with subsequent shots (and all shots fired by allies) dies sound like a good deal to me.
Of course there are guns that need the additional ammo to have a good "mag size / reload"-ratio, but if you don't need it catalyst is a good DPS increase on any gun really.

Less so for bullet spam guns than for slow ones though.

EDIT: also, the triggering may have been non-obvious because they killed so effectively previously, but I can confirm my fire DoT triggers often enough on monarches. I probably should test if it stacks with the pyro grenade DoT, since they do the same amount of damage I think..

Shada Mori
04-18-2013, 02:44 AM
Pistols are hands down my favorite guns. Though I prefer the Wolverine. Its pretty much a one shot (well.. three round burst) kill on anything but bosses. This is my baby ..

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b481/Kiyoko_Mori/boomboompow_zps0ce6ae99.jpg

Needs new mods, but not worried about that right now. I lurv it.

Over00
04-18-2013, 02:56 AM
I could never force myself to put a sight onto my baby. I refuse to add them based on the fact that it hinders rather than provides benefits.

Evilution
04-18-2013, 03:01 AM
I could never force myself to put a sight onto my baby. I refuse to add them based on the fact that it hinders rather than provides benefits.This for every gun, I wish we had the option of the sight appearing or not when modding. I shoot fine without some horrible looking sight obstructing half of the screen. Snipers I'm fine with but everything else I prefer the standard zoom in.

Over00
04-18-2013, 03:16 AM
Long range weapons I can agree with, but those that are close-mid it just makes it harder not being able to use your peripheral vision

Eldiora
04-18-2013, 03:22 AM
I like my Wolfhound too. Got one that has faster reload and faster shooting speed. I also got the 30% faster reload perk when standing still.

Shoot stuff. Clip runs out... next to instant Reload. Couple that with the trait that gives you 15% recharge on your Power when fully reloading and you can get Overload really really often. I love the build.

My only gripe is that I cannot play with the Pistol for long because my wrists will kill me if I do this more than 1 hour each day.

I really wish I found a Wolfhound with +10% Ego Recharge on full reload. That would make the gun insane. Shoot 12 Mag 4 secs or so then reload next to instant and 25% ego recharge. You could really spam Overload with that setup.

Tgreen
04-18-2013, 04:05 AM
SMGs and shotguns aren't really hindered by sight modifications.
Don't benefit from any but the x1.xx movement accuracy ones either.
I really don't know how the scope issue never came up during beta. : o

Less so for bullet spam guns than for slow ones though.

Every gun benefits from a higher effect chance. It's a static %-proc, no proc per minute or something like that. They're AoE too, although I believe siphon only heals you once.

And there are 4 different DoT types (infector, pyro grenade, fire element & special incinerating weapons) and they do stack with eachother, but the 3 burn ones don't stack damage with themselves, but increased time between ticks from what I can tell. Could be wrong on incindeary weapons + pyro grenades though.
Wouldn't advise the use of pyro grenades either way, since their damage is a lot lower than the one dealt by frag or cluster grenades.

Pizzarugi
04-18-2013, 12:55 PM
That dot stacks with fire damage too. MORE BURNINATION.

Pardon my lack of understanding, but this means if I throw a fire grenade or burn an enemy with incinerator detonator, the fire damage from them will also stack with the flare's fire effect?

If so, that's a lot of fire right there. TF2 pyro meets Defiance, yes? :3

Tgreen
04-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Yes, but there's a cap on how many DoTs of the same kind (all fire weapons have the same DoT) you can apply to one target.
Little hard to tell exactly, but it looks to be 3. Take a Northstar and shoot something with a lot of HP and then shoot it again and watch the damage numbers, the 105 from the DoT appear a lot quicker.

Loveundermytail
04-18-2013, 01:15 PM
No real point to leveling them imo. Took forever to get just 5% in everything...

http://i46.tinypic.com/a4ygyb.jpg

Pizzarugi
04-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Yes, but there's a cap on how many DoTs of the same kind (all fire weapons have the same DoT) you can apply to one target.
Little hard to tell exactly, but it looks to be 3. Take a Northstar and shoot something with a lot of HP and then shoot it again and watch the damage numbers, the 105 from the DoT appear a lot quicker.

Well if the maximum stack is 3, you can easily set them on fire three times with incinerator detonator, pyro grenade, and northstar flare.

Either that or find a mag mod which I have bad luck in finding. Where can you normally find mag mods?

Lyokira
04-18-2013, 06:22 PM
Pistols are hands down my favorite guns. Though I prefer the Wolverine. Its pretty much a one shot (well.. three round burst) kill on anything but bosses. This is my baby ..

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b481/Kiyoko_Mori/boomboompow_zps0ce6ae99.jpg

Needs new mods, but not worried about that right now. I lurv it.

btw, wolverines are 4 round bursts, not 3.

Shada Mori
04-18-2013, 06:24 PM
btw, wolverines are 4 round bursts, not 3.

Weird, always looks like three to me, but then again I don't count rounds so I won't disagree. I just know it goes RATATATATA and things die good. :p

Mikeloeven
04-18-2013, 06:30 PM
i found this pistol called the north star flare fires a flare that sets enemies on fire and will basically what it doesn't one shot with explosive damage will burn to death in seconds. very fun when you really just want to shoot a raider IN THE FACE while he is hiding behind cover due to the parabolic arc. but unwieldy and slow firing for large groups so it is kinda like a faster recharging grenade for an offhand. but the thing that makes it so OP in my opinion is the 150 round ammo capacity so although you have to reload it after one shot it is basically infinite grenades.

though it is very usefull to distract the large humanoids as once the shields drop you can switch to this to make them run around panicked while you deal with the easier to kill trash

Lyokira
04-18-2013, 06:41 PM
i found this pistol called the north star flare fires a flare that sets enemies on fire and will basically what it doesn't one shot with explosive damage will burn to death in seconds. very fun when you really just want to shoot a raider IN THE FACE while he is hiding behind cover due to the parabolic arc. but unwieldy and slow firing for large groups so it is kinda like a faster recharging grenade for an offhand. but the thing that makes it so OP in my opinion is the 150 round ammo capacity so although you have to reload it after one shot it is basically infinite grenades.

though it is very usefull to distract the large humanoids as once the shields drop you can switch to this to make them run around panicked while you deal with the easier to kill trash

I believe the dot from flares do not cause panic status. They do however cause as much dot damage as pyro grenades/detonators, with an added initial damage and high crit value

Ninjanomics
04-18-2013, 07:10 PM

All of this. LOVE Wolfhound pistol! AMAZING crit potential

El Horse
04-18-2013, 07:46 PM

Used a +4 magazine mod on mine, so now get 5 shots before the reload. Handy for thinning the crowds!

Jammylambo
04-18-2013, 07:49 PM
i cant wait to get back into my pistols , im leveling the infectors atm though , wahhhhhh its taken me days to get to lvl 9 lol.