PDA

View Full Version : When Defiance is succesful what next?

Rampermt
03-08-2013, 07:11 PM
I would like to see Rift ported over to console, after watching live streams, reading up on it I have become a big fan! All consoles IMO need a good MMO like Rift! I hope to see Trion release more for console in the years to come.

Defy
03-08-2013, 07:12 PM
well first lets focus on Defiance though with more DLCs and stuff :)

iiReLaX o
03-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Defiance: The Revolution? Ion know just make a name and you might guess the name of a possible sequel.

EDIT: But I would have to agree with Defy. Let's just enjoy Defiance.

Bar6arian
03-08-2013, 07:15 PM
well first lets focus on Defiance though with more DLCs and stuff :)

+1 .............

TR GunPlay
03-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Hopefully another MMO for the new consoles

The Fallen
03-08-2013, 07:21 PM
I think if this game delivers on the consoles as good as it looks on the PC then I think this will be very successful game.
I hope they deliver some great DLC for this game to give it a long run passed 6 months.
It's still amazing to me that they are gonna try to pull off this MMO on the consoles. I am crossing my fingers it works out for them.

Desidus
03-08-2013, 07:26 PM
A MMO cops and robbers... theifs, detectives, mobs, mafia, cia, fbi, mayors, good guys, bad guys, vigilantes, hitmen... so on.. each with a unique skill set and objectives that cross and conflict with other peoples.

iiReLaX o
03-08-2013, 07:30 PM
A MMO cops and robbers... theifs, detectives, mobs, mafia, cia, fbi, mayors, good guys, bad guys, vigilantes, hitmen... so on.. each with a unique skill set and objectives that cross and conflict with other peoples.

So an MMO that is Splinter Cell, GTA, La Noire, and Hitman all mashed together?

TR GunPlay
03-08-2013, 07:42 PM

That is a successful equation right there

Desidus
03-08-2013, 08:52 PM

Yeah I guess sort of.. point would be that you would start out as just a basic either trainee cop or crook and you would work your way up. If you did something that that was overboard for you station most likely you would suffer the consequences.. robber kills a cop he is going to go to jail. This would stop just random ganking/killing but I mean later on as you got to higher levels in whatever route you took... thug to enforcer to hitman to professional assassin. Trainee to beat cop to officer to cia to special agent. Things like that... Thought about it awhile ago and would love to see something like that. Its more than just that though.. Some people would be investigators and they would case rooms where crimes had happened and tried to find evidence which would allow the cops to attempt to arrest the offender, but a dirty cop would could tip them off and they could go into hiding and change their identities and move. If the crimes were bad enough it might chase them to another city (plus they would have to deal with the criminals already set up in the other city).. and so on and so forth. Everything is tied in together.

A s0t
03-08-2013, 11:46 PM
how about that "watch dogs" game that would be sweet with 1000's of people

JMadFour
03-09-2013, 12:36 AM
the only MMO that I would like to see ported from PC to Console is TERA.

Dead_Phoenix
03-09-2013, 02:50 AM
i love the fact the title is "when" rather then "if"... :)

but they have said they are making plans for this to go on many years, with plenty of content. so im guessing they will be busy for a while.

Sanguinesun
03-09-2013, 02:55 AM
i love the fact the title is "when" rather then "if"... :)

I was very much thinking the same thing... I wonder why :P

Fiancee
03-09-2013, 03:57 AM
Ive tried to convince them to make another fantasy MMO... screw Rift. (game of the thrones, lord of the rings are absolutely 100% assured hype machines..) Especially latter, as theres already on LOTR online game and people are still playing it.

And you know what as far I know PS4 has good stuff to make online/MMO games, so we can say we see more MMOs in the future. Stick to your fanbase, stick to what MMO genre is known for, and popular IP. MMO competititon is gonna be tougher soon.

Dead_Phoenix
03-09-2013, 05:29 AM
Ive tried to convince them to make another fantasy MMO... screw Rift. (game of the thrones, lord of the rings are absolutely 100% assured hype machines..) Especially latter, as theres already on LOTR online game and people are still playing it.

And you know what as far I know PS4 has good stuff to make online/MMO games, so we can say we see more MMOs in the future. Stick to your fanbase, stick to what MMO genre is known for, and popular IP. MMO competititon is gonna be tougher soon.

you what id love to see. An mmo that's melee based. Like medeval. With swords and axes, maybe basic range like bows and very basic spells. But make it more about the hand to hand combat, not turn based like wow. But more skyrim. Key part would be players have to get down and dirty in melee

Ambic
03-09-2013, 05:36 AM
You know what a cool MMO would be? Runescape with upgraded graphics and combat system. I like runescape's crafting system where it's like real life, you can build anything.

Fiancee
03-09-2013, 05:50 AM
you what id love to see. An mmo that's melee based. Like medeval. With swords and axes, maybe basic range like bows and very basic spells. But make it more about the hand to hand combat, not turn based like wow. But more skyrim. Key part would be players have to get down and dirty in melee

Yea I'd love to see more fantasy but I really think its essential for TW to make sure they can hype the game as soon as its announced.

Damn, i didnt even realize MMO fans have fun times ahead. I bet every big company makes at least one MMO for next-gen consoles plus PC. EA and activision etc maybe couple.

Dead_Phoenix
03-09-2013, 06:27 AM
Most exciting news I heard recently is the guy who made ultima online, is trying to make a revamp.

Bdtry
03-09-2013, 06:37 AM
Most exciting news I heard recently is the guy who made ultima online, is trying to make a revamp.

Linky for you. He wants other people to fund it. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalarium/shroud-of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0?ref=category

Tzar of kaos
03-09-2013, 06:38 AM
As a console gamer,i will be happy to play mmo's but the devs/editors don't have the guts to do it...If they do they also need to manage well the game for consoles users.Its easier for them to do it only for PC.That's understandable.Now we 'll see what Defiance/Trion will do with this one... :)

Fiancee
03-09-2013, 06:38 AM

Real money economy, money grab incoming. I cant see it any other way. Basically those who give them alot of money via kickstarter gets own house within city and no tax. I bet its only a start.

That guys whos making it is probably biggest loser on Earth, I remember how he boasted how he went to space, and still like to call himself as Lord British. LOL.

xA5x
03-09-2013, 06:52 AM
The fact of the matter is quite simple. Now that PC MMO's can be converted to most consoles. So why is it, that you don't see it as much? The PC Industry would lose thousands of gamers, and millions of dollars. I think we are dealing with a lot, of politics here.

Pasha
03-09-2013, 07:24 AM
First DLCs then Defiance: Next - (much) better graphics and animation for next generation of consoles and PCs.

Those "recommended" specs on Steam (ATI 4750) aren't too inspiring since they are like 3 generations behind current video cards capabilities.

SweetMadness
03-09-2013, 07:42 AM
When successful, simple, DLC, new areas and enemies, and a story bridging gaps between seasons of the show.

If we see another MMO on consoles, it'll be next gen. XCOM may have revived turn based strategy, it certainly didn't hurt it. But there's obviously more politics than we see going on, because consoles have been capable of running MMOs from the start.

Sekshunate
03-09-2013, 08:27 AM
They need an aliens vs predator vs marines mmo..........................been wanting that for 15 years from someone.

Dead_Phoenix
03-09-2013, 08:30 AM
They need an aliens vs predator vs marines mmo..........................been wanting that for 15 years from someone.

i would say yea, maybe do it like humans can build citys, aliens can invade. preds roam around solo. give them zones missions etc. the mother alien gives the orders to the young etc.

however history of alien games makes me doubtful a good one could happen..

Sekshunate
03-09-2013, 09:22 AM
i would say yea, maybe do it like humans can build citys, aliens can invade. preds roam around solo. give them zones missions etc. the mother alien gives the orders to the young etc.

however history of alien games makes me doubtful a good one could happen..

def a cursed franchise hah

iiReLaX o
03-09-2013, 10:10 AM
I'd say an Arma 3 like MMO.I'm a console gamer and I know about Arma

Desidus
03-09-2013, 11:54 AM
bomberman mmo...

Kleptobrainiac
03-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Anyone hear if they are planning a port to the Wii-U in the future?

Rampermt
03-09-2013, 12:35 PM
The fact of the matter is quite simple. Now that PC MMO's can be converted to most consoles. So why is it, that you don't see it as much? The PC Industry would lose thousands of gamers, and millions of dollars. I think we are dealing with a lot, of politics here.

I agree but at the same time everyone has their platform they want to use so I see the people that are used to keyboard/mouse wouldn't want to go to console IMO.

kirix
03-09-2013, 02:18 PM
people talking about Cops and robbers mmo ? thats APB reloaded u can play as police or criminals.

now as for rift, it wont really do well on consoles as most of the console player base are brainless CoD / Halo players who only want shooters in which u click button to attack and dont know how to use complex class / abilitys in mmos like rift etc,

why do u think defiance is a shooter :D

Agent I3
03-09-2013, 03:14 PM
as long as the next game comes in a minimum of 2 years to xbox... then i dont care

Paladin
03-09-2013, 03:19 PM
people talking about Cops and robbers mmo ? thats APB reloaded u can play as police or criminals.

now as for rift, it wont really do well on consoles as most of the console player base are brainless CoD / Halo players who only want shooters in which u click button to attack and dont know how to use complex class / abilitys in mmos like rift etc,

Lol edgy "master race" thinks all console gamers are casuals.

Rampermt
03-09-2013, 04:01 PM

I guess that is why they put COD/Halo on Pc also :p

JMadFour
03-10-2013, 12:16 AM

LMAO, current MMOs are not complex AT ALL.

c'mon son.

If a Developer committed to a Console-focused MMO, it would do just fine. and PC Elitists are deathly afraid of that. they'll never admit this, naturally.