PDA

View Full Version : how much are the outfits in the store? WHAAAT? ****

wrappy
04-12-2013, 08:41 AM
holy mackeral, I thought I'd look at the outfits in the store. the cool outfits are like 880bits, I'm not great at math but that works out to like ten bucks. they should be embarassed to charge that much for a pixalated outfit, considering it's all profit. I guess we know where they plan to make their money. they would have been better off selling them at a reasonable price. I know I would have bought one.

BleakPanther
04-12-2013, 08:51 AM
I bought 1... I was very close to another but the price has me a bit more than gunshy. I'm figuring that I'll hold out for a bit until I see the vehicle and outfit that I want most... If they are released any other way, I'll be a happy camper.

Sajin
04-12-2013, 08:53 AM
I'm hoping they have a "Special Sale!" Or something like a daily/weekly deal.

BleakPanther
04-12-2013, 08:56 AM
I noticed yesterday that one of the headgear options was on sale for a discount price (60 bits).

3rdpig
04-12-2013, 08:57 AM
While I agree that it's over priced and I'll likely never buy one, it's not "all profit". At least not unless the artist and programmers work for free.

Sajin
04-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Yeah the renagade I believe was on sale for the Xbox for 160 (outfit) maybe I just missed that they are doing that?

wrappy
04-12-2013, 09:03 AM
the artists and programmers, I assume, are already on salary, so the cost is negligible. yea I think most people won't spend that kind of money on customizations.

fang1192
04-12-2013, 09:05 AM
the artists and programmers, I assume, are already on salary, so the cost is negligible. if you think five to ten dollars per outfit is reasonable, I have a bridge you might be interested in.

You know the store is one way Trion is trying to pay for expenses right?

jetah
04-12-2013, 09:06 AM
I've figured out the total cost for the outfits/headgear to be approx 90$. if it was closer to 25$ I'd spend it. I'd rather spend 90$ on inventory then outfits, just saying.

wrappy
04-12-2013, 09:07 AM
I think selling a game for $60.00 to $150.00 should help w/ that. if they made it a reasonable price they would make more money.

Sajin
04-12-2013, 09:09 AM
I agree with the inventory. You actually need it where as the gear is superficial. I'm just waitin for them to make the generic ninja/pirate suits. Then ill truly be mind freaked.

Archangel
04-12-2013, 09:11 AM
rocking 170 inventory slots right now and still bought the SPD blue outfit that looks all badd*****

ironhands
04-12-2013, 09:11 AM
it's to maintain the bandwidth costs, but, there are sales, as we've already seen.

I really like the new black/red outlander outfit, if I could skip eating this week I'd consider it :P Really want one the style of the collector pre-order.. is predator the official name?

Napalm Sunrise
04-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Yeah the renagade I believe was on sale for the Xbox for 160 (outfit) maybe I just missed that they are doing that?

Oh man is it still on sale right now? I'm stuck at work and I've been digging on those sunglasses for a while for my chick just didn't want to pay 440 bits for a pair of sunglasses. If the outfit is 160 and the headgear is 40 I'm down to purchase for sure.

Migrayne
04-12-2013, 09:15 AM
I think they would sell way more and make way more money if they cut those prices in half. The prices shown in beta 3 were about perfect. I was planning to use the shop quite a bit and buy many things. Now I won't use it at all. They could make way more on volume then on a few high priced sales.

They should also add a car detailing shop to the bit store. You could buy diff paint jobs then apply it to your car.

Sajin
04-12-2013, 09:15 AM
And the new splinter cell inspired outfit looks cool I just want it on sale xD

Hiero Glyph
04-12-2013, 09:21 AM
rocking 170 inventory slots right now and still bought the SPD blue outfit that looks all badd*****

I think we have our first candidate for Hoarders: Defiance.

R1VAL
04-12-2013, 09:24 AM
Meh that's nothing, try buying a new assault mech in MWO...

cfStatic
04-12-2013, 09:25 AM
I'd rather them charge $10 for an outfit than have them introduce weapons to the store that are very clearly a step up from what you can get in game.

Am I happy that they're that expansive? No. Do I wish they were cheaper? Yup. I understand why they might be priced that way however(and then there is the whole "charge whatever the marketplace can hold" idea if you're in marketing).

Ashnon
04-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Side question. Is there a way to see the store out of game? I may have missed it.

Opus
04-12-2013, 10:20 AM
I would like to spend a little more money in the store, but there's nothing I really want to buy right now. I did buy the Badlands Crime Lord outfit (I think it was 240 bits), but that's been it, aside from some clan boosts.

After seeing the Beta3 store, I knew I was in trouble, because there was so much I wanted to buy. I was sure I'd be out about $50 by the time the weekend was over. But now? I guess I'll just save my money until we get more selection. So, a bad thing for me, a good thing for my bank account.

SlashZaku
04-12-2013, 10:28 AM
I think they should strip out the Headgear tab from the store and just give you full outfits (outfit + headgear). Seems odd/asinine that you get the outfit + headgear for pursuits & story missions but have to buy them separate in the store.

I took a glance through the store and like the CODA Knight (?) and VBI Operative but looking at the Bit pricing, I'll hold off.

ironhands
04-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Nah, what if you don't like wearing helmets, and just want to wear the same sunglasses forever? Shouldn't have to pay for both if you're only using one.

SlashZaku
04-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Nah, what if you don't like wearing helmets, and just want to wear the same sunglasses forever? Shouldn't have to pay for both if you're only using one.
I don't wear headgear either but like I said, it seems asinine for them to be split in the store when you get both in game from pursuits/main missions. Is it too much to ask for a reasonable price for a full outfit?

Space_Monky
04-12-2013, 10:43 AM
I think they would sell way more and make way more money if they cut those prices in half.

of course they would. you think if they made it $20 to get all the outfits every dedicated fan would jump in? i sure do.
at the prices they have now though they can kiss my butt.

fsol
04-12-2013, 11:20 AM
The game is in topselllists everywhere.
I do think they might have a bit extra profit wouldnt you think.

If they reset prices to a normal lets say 3-4 euro for a outfit that is clothing+the helmet i will buy.
Otherwise its a no go,as someone mentioned for the current money i can get real clothing in real life.
Dang i could buy 2 dvds/1 good lp/food for a day/a good graphic novel ect etc.
(btw the price for inv is fine imo)

Charging this much for vr vanity items is to much.

+I wouldnt mind if the next boost in our relation was made out of 500 bits for example

Dalton
04-12-2013, 11:30 AM
It's just a simple economics principle know as: The Law Of Demand. The higher the price of a good, the lower the amount of the good that is desired. And vice versa, the lower the price of a good, the higher the amount of the good that is desired.

Viryu
04-12-2013, 11:35 AM
The current offer is rather small and uninteresting, at least on the PS3. I was at first interested in the Renegade outfit, but ehh, leather armour, really? I DID notice the discount on crime lord outfit though, and that got me wondering - does anyone know how often those discounts take place and change? And how often new customization options will be introduced?

SlashZaku
04-12-2013, 11:39 AM
+I wouldnt mind if the next boost in our relation was made out of 500 bits for example
That's kind of what I was hoping for with them wanting to thank the community for sticking through the first week stuff lol. Enough bits to get a outfit or something.

wrappy
04-12-2013, 01:16 PM
of course they would. you think if they made it $20 to get all the outfits every dedicated fan would jump in? i sure do.
at the prices they have now though they can kiss my butt.

yes, thank you. well said.

Orge Lambart
04-12-2013, 01:23 PM
outside of the inventory upgrades which I'll eventually purchase for one of my toons, nothing really seems worth it in the store. I can earn Boxes in game, the outfits are meh, the boost are limited to a set amount of time which ticks away while you aren't online.

10 dollars for an outfit isn't that much, people pay more than that in Team Fortress for a stupid hat.

Nmalthus
04-12-2013, 01:28 PM
holy mackeral, I thought I'd look at the outfits in the store. the cool outfits are like 880bits, I'm not great at math but that works out to like ten bucks. they should be embarassed to charge that much for a pixalated outfit, considering it's all profit. I guess we know where they plan to make their money. they would have been better off selling them at a reasonable price. I know I would have bought one.

SWTOR charges more than that. TSW charges about the same. Many Asian MMOs charge the same soooooo,,,,

hugdealer
04-12-2013, 01:31 PM
outside of the inventory upgrades which I'll eventually purchase for one of my toons, nothing really seems worth it in the store. I can earn Boxes in game, the outfits are meh, the boost are limited to a set amount of time which ticks away while you aren't online.

10 dollars for an outfit isn't that much, people pay more than that in Team Fortress for a stupid hat.

you can also trade for those hats though.
and find them at random for free.
or craft it.

so, not really the same ballpark at all.

the inventory upgrades cost way too much imho.
i want to save a lot of mods, but really can't.
these mods aren't worth spending real life money to me.
it's just something i expected to be able to do after retail box price.
and having played tons of rpgs, mmo's etc, games with loot
generally let you store copious amounts of it.

Valethar
04-12-2013, 01:43 PM
While I agree that it's over priced and I'll likely never buy one, it's not "all profit". At least not unless the artist and programmers work for free.

It's a ridiculously high profit margin given that almost all of them are a recolor of existing items, and thus do not justify price increases of as much as 367%.

Sludge
04-12-2013, 01:47 PM
I'd pay $10 for an outfit that looks awesome. In fact, I probably will buy one once my $10 from PSN comes through.

Cortechs
04-12-2013, 01:52 PM
SWTOR charges more than that. TSW charges about the same. Many Asian MMOs charge the same soooooo,,,,

Yep, and Tera charges about the same. Aren't WoW mounts like $20?

People buy these up like you wouldn't believe. People on the TSW forum beg for more to be made. Until people stop paying $10/item, which is unlikely to ever happen, they will continue charging that much for them.

wrappy
04-21-2013, 12:27 AM
Yep, and Tera charges about the same. Aren't WoW mounts like $20?

People buy these up like you wouldn't believe. People on the TSW forum beg for more to be made. Until people stop paying $10/item, which is unlikely to ever happen, they will continue charging that much for them.

I guess pt barnum was right... 8P