PDA

View Full Version : Customer Support let down.

ZhugeKambei
04-12-2013, 09:50 AM
I'll be honest, this is my very first time coming in with an issue like this, so I have no idea if its normal or not, but I am really disappointed with the way Customer Support has dealt with this, and me.

Like many of us, I have been a victim of the Salvage Matrix eating up a few of my weapons, and items that I have purchased getting lost in the digital mail. I personally have lost

1 Orange EMC Sniper Rifle Electrical Damage modded with
-Ultra-Bore Barell III
-Marksman scope II
-Sniper Rapid Mag II with Survivalist Synergy
- Empty Buttstock Slot

1 Blue FRC Heavy Assault Carbine Burst Fire, with the Purple Swirl Icon for elemental damage.
- Empty Scope Slot
- Power Bore II Prepared Synergy
- Catalyst Injector II Prepared Synergy
- External Recoil Reduction II

1 Purple FRC Bull Rush .45 Purple Swirl Icon for elemental damage.
- No Mods, but empty mod slots, and bult in plus 6 mag.

2 Tier 3 Lock Boxes

The 2 Tier 3 Boxes, Sniper and AR I lost a few days ago back when there was the issue with losing weapons in the Salvage Matrix(they were both victims to it.) having items that we can't get rid of, and the horrible issue with the co-op missions, where if you entered on, there were no bad guys and you were basically trapped in limbo.

The FRC Bull Rush I had just gotten yesterday from a vendor special (hence it being unmoded), but when I logged on this morning, I flearned that it had apparently been ripped from my fingers over-night as I slept.

I had tweeted the @DefianceGame account when I lost the first two weapons and items, and after no response from it/them I started looking on Trion and emailed support. No response from my email, so at 9 AM I decided to go with the live chat option. Speaking with the live chat person, they told me they would not be able to replace my sniper rifle or AR, and could only replace the FRC Bull Rush, and give me a Tier 4 box to replace the two Tier 3 boxes I lost. Still very much frustrated and unsatisfied, I left the live chat and logged back onto Defiance.

I would have prefered my Sniper and AR over the FRC Bull Rush, as I had done half of the modding myself and anyone who has one can tell you, putting the slots in a Blue or Orange weapon is EXPENSIVE and the amount of money I blew through to get mods for them is probably somewhere near 100k. Still, well worth it for weapons that have proven their worth by putting me in the 1 spot for 5 Major Arkfalls, placing in Shadow Wars, and holding my own in solo missions.

But unfortunately, not only did I not get my babies returned to me, but I didn't get the Purple FRC Bull Rush either!!! Instead, I received 1 green and 1 white REGULAR Bull Rush(es) whose total worth amounted to a refund of 300 Script, 300 script is what I am given as compensation for a Pistol I spent 2000 script for. Not to mention the fact that all I got for the loss of two weapons I spent TENS of THOUSANDS of scrip on, was a wonderful bag of nothing!

Trying really hard to love and support this game, I want to see more MMO's on Consoles, And I want to see SyFy have a good show in Defiance that will take me back to the 90's when The Sc-Fi Channel blew my mind as a kid, Been pushing my friends to pick up the game, despite them using reviews like IGN's as reason not to. But its pretty hard to support something that wont support you back.

IntenseSpirit
04-12-2013, 09:55 AM
I had the same thing happen to me, but I had a more favorable response.

GM Touralek: Thanks for contacting Trion Worlds Customer Support. My name is GM Touralek. I'm happy to look into your issue for you today.
GM Touralek: I can certainly understand how that can be frustrating. I will be more than happy to assist you with that! In order to do so, I'm going to need to collect some information from you.

May I please have the e-mail that is associated with the account you are having the issue with?
You: ******************
GM Touralek: Great, thanks! Just a moment while I retrieve your account information.
You: Is it a problem that I am currently logged into the game?
GM Touralek: Not at all. What issue are you having today?
You: I was disconnected from the server yesterday and I lost an orange rarity weapon when I logged back in.
You: It was a ***************** if that is of ant significance
GM Touralek: Ok. Give me just a few moments to review your character information please.
You: I acquired it through a trade and its stats are listed here <link> as well as record of the trade
GM Touralek: Which character lost the item?
You: ***********
GM Touralek: Ok. Just a few moments please.
GM Touralek: So, due to the way the game generates random items, we don't have the ability to restore exactly what was lost, even if we know what the weapon's stats were. However, as compensation, I can provide you with a new random legendary weapon, a Tier 4 lockbox and 3 days of Scrip and loot boosts.
You: I would gladly accept
GM Touralek: Ok. Please allow me a few minutes while I get this all set up for you. I do appreciate your patience.
You: And I appreciate the response
GM Touralek: Ok, you should be all set. I've granted a new legendary weapon, a Tier 4 lockbox, and 3 days worth of scrip and loot boosts.
You: Thanks. The lockbox will appear in the "redeem item" section?
You: "Claim Item"
GM Touralek: Correct
You: Thank you very much
GM Touralek: If you don't see it right away, you may need to sign out of the game, then sign back in, but it usually just pops in there.
You: I understand
GM Touralek: Ok. May I assist you with anything else today?
You: No that is all thank you
GM Touralek: Great! Have a good day and thank you for contacting Trion Worlds.
You have disconnected.

Atlas TKD
04-12-2013, 09:59 AM
I sent a message after purchasing a tier 4 box with bits and never got a response and never will. It's been over a week and I've gotten several with just keys but they probably wont even consider bothering with it regardless of the item and having paid for it.

Azrael008uk
04-12-2013, 09:59 AM
I bought a Tier 4 Lockbox but had a full inventory.

I only received 1 item.

I learned from the experience and just kept playing.

I do not want to belittle your cause. You lost your weapons through apparently no fault of your own.

If you've sent an email you'll get a reply. It might take a while because there's a lot of players making queries.

Don't let it spoil your experience of a great game.

There are no "Super-Weapons" in this game (unless you count the Reaver but I've not found one for sale yet).

You could focus on this bad experience and let it ruin the whole game for you.

Don't.

Email Customer support and play.

Follow up after a couple of days if you haven't heard anything.

Don't let this ruin your fun.

Az

IntenseSpirit
04-12-2013, 10:02 AM
I think that live chat is much more effective than emaling support (I have done both).

@Atlas, when you buy lockboxes with a full inventory, the excess items go to your "Claim Item" section in the store.

MagellanD
04-12-2013, 10:05 AM
I bought a Tier 4 Lockbox but had a full inventory.

I only received 1 item.

I learned from the experience and just kept playing.

I do not want to belittle your cause. You lost your weapons through apparently no fault of your own.

If you've sent an email you'll get a reply. It might take a while because there's a lot of players making queries.

Don't let it spoil your experience of a great game.

There are no "Super-Weapons" in this game (unless you count the Reaver but I've not found one for sale yet).

You could focus on this bad experience and let it ruin the whole game for you.

Don't.

Email Customer support and play.

Follow up after a couple of days if you haven't heard anything.

Don't let this ruin your fun.

Az

I was at the Top Notch and accidentily purchased a tier 3 box buy selecting bits not resources. not a huge problem as I had the bits.

I got NO items. I then tried the resources and still got no items. So I entered a support tickets about the bits (you know the crap you pay real money for right).

All I got in response was a long later that in a nutshell said basically this (I'm paraphrasing)
We're experiencing larger than normal support volumes but as we just gave you the new title and a bunch of boosts we're considering this matter closed unless you reply. The letter was about 10-15 paragraphs long with a great over worded apology.

I of course replied because the free new stuff had to do with dealing with the new launch problems. While I greatly appreciate the free stuff for living with the launch, this issue has to do with real money and not getting what I paid for.

I of course responded because it has nothing to do with my issue and I hope they resolve accordingly. 2bucks 5 bucks 10bucks. Doesn't matter. I paid for something and got nothing in return. Give me a tier 3 lockbox or my bits back please.

IntenseSpirit
04-12-2013, 10:07 AM
@Magellan did you try live chat? It's worth the wait IMO.

Azrael008uk
04-12-2013, 10:11 AM
I think that live chat is much more effective than emaling support (I have done both).

@Atlas, when you buy lockboxes with a full inventory, the excess items go to your "Claim Item" section in the store.

Yeah, I eventually saw that they should have been placed there.

They weren't.

I've opened many a Tier 2 & 3 Lockbox since and received the full contingent.

Not going to lose any sleep over those missing 3 items.

(Unless one of them could have been a Reaver... then I am sad).

Az

MagellanD
04-12-2013, 10:12 AM
@Magellan did you try live chat? It's worth the wait IMO.
Even though it doesn't come across in the thread I am patient and will check for the 2nd reply. I will definitely go through the live chat if this avenue doesn't yield something. Thank you for the suggestion :)
They have till End of today to reply :)

IntenseSpirit
04-12-2013, 10:15 AM
FYI live chat isn't 24/7, so you should plan accordingly. https://support.trionworlds.com/app/chat/chat_launch

MagellanD
04-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I eventually saw that they should have been placed there.

They weren't.

I've opened many a Tier 2 & 3 Lockbox since and received the full contingent.

Not going to lose any sleep over those missing 3 items.

(Unless one of them could have been a Reaver... then I am sad).

Az

I personally didn't care about the loss of in game resources. I've already gained the money back and a helluva lot more.
Real money is money LOL@me

Nerdy Ryuu
04-12-2013, 10:18 AM
guys trying going to your xbox live download history and redown load it. If that dont work contact xbox support , they should get on trion case for you. Better yet use xboxsupport and Defiance name in the same twitter post. It will get worked out.

Thats wrong for you guys to not get lock boxes if you paid with points. Thats stealing period I will not be getting any lock boxes knowing this is happening.