PDA

View Full Version : where is the best place for farm sniper kills ??

ThanksForTheLoot
04-12-2013, 10:00 AM
trying to get 5000 bolt sniper kills and lvl 10 in my semi ... so where would be the best place ?

Era
04-12-2013, 10:03 AM
The sniper kill challenge in the west. It gives you a semi-auto bolt action that counts toward your kills and a lot of enemies to work with

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-12-2013, 10:04 AM
I would say anywhere with a lot of skitterlings or easily killable enemies for the bolt action. That can really be anywhere if you're patient enough to get the headshots for easy kills. So skitterlings, raiders, Dark Matter; all are eligible as long as you can make that one-shot kill.

For semi autos I'd say go find a hulter or any other large, hard to kill enemy. They're bullet sponges so you can get in quite a lot of damage on them.

Pro Tip: Don't do arkfalls. You don't gain experience toward your weapon.

ThanksForTheLoot
The sniper kill challenge in the west. It gives you a semi-auto bolt action that counts toward your kills and a lot of enemies to work with but are the kills going to help me lvl the semi auto sniper ?? cause to be honest the kills isnt my problem its more on lvling the semi auto sniper

Agent T8235
The sniper kill challenge in the west. It gives you a semi-auto bolt action that counts toward your kills and a lot of enemies to work with

ya, hotshot: Bolinas sniper is what I used to get sniper kills

Wooisme
I think the hotshots that uses a bolt sniper would be good spots. Earn exp and scrip while doing them. Since trying to get the 5000 in the open world will take forever. In the hotshots they throw the enemies at you, so I think it would be faster.

Zodiac
Bolinas Sniper

ThanksForTheLoot
04-12-2013, 10:05 AM
I would say anywhere with a lot of skitterlings or easily killable enemies for the bolt action. That can really be anywhere if you're patient enough to get the headshots for easy kills. So skitterlings, raiders, Dark Matter; all are eligible as long as you can make that one-shot kill.

For semi autos I'd say go find a hulter or any other large, hard to kill enemy. They're bullet sponges so you can get in quite a lot of damage on them.

Pro Tip: Don't do arkfalls. You don't gain experience toward your weapon.

wait your weapon lvl is not about the kills but the damage ???

KodiakX
04-12-2013, 10:08 AM
I like sniping Dark Matter out in San Fran. Lots of ****ed up terrain to use for cover.

Quipwicked
04-12-2013, 10:08 AM
well, there is an area in san fran. A big radio tower , i forget the name but there are like 100 or more Dark matter troops to kill there and u can do it over and over, only problem is all dark matter has shields, might be better off in madera or some place similar with one shot mobs, I really wouldn't worry about grinding it.

On a side note, running coop matches and just using a sniper would be a great way to increase your skill in using snipers as well as kill count. I would suggest any co-op instances that take place in well lit areas as some of the mine ones tend to be a little dark.

Anyways hope that helps.

Dwane
04-12-2013, 10:10 AM
I like sniping Dark Matter out in San Fran. Lots of ****ed up terrain to use for cover.

I dont like dark matter guys as its hard to 1shot them woth vot bolter.

IIFatalshockII
04-12-2013, 10:11 AM
trying to get 5000 bolt sniper kills and lvl 10 in my semi ... so where would be the best place ?

Ironically it's on a farm. The 2nd floor of the Barns often provide perfect Snipe posts because the Raiders can't seem to climb ladders.

ThanksForTheLoot
04-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Ironically it's on a farm. The 2nd floor of the Barns often provide perfect Snipe posts because the Raiders can't seem to climb ladders.
good plan thanks for that :)

IIFatalshockII
04-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Not a problem :cool: You can have your fill as well because those Barn rescues are mini missions that seem to reset whenever you leave and come back.

dAFKave813
07-03-2013, 10:46 PM
The best spot I have found for the 5000 bolter kills is in Mount Tam at the New Freedom crash site which is just south of the e-rep base that you begin the game in. There are 3 small groups of mutant rifle men that spawn right next to the crashed air craft. Two of the groups spawn 3-4 mutants at a time and the 3rd group spawns 2 mutants. So you will get 8-10 mutants per spawn and they respawn around 20 seconds from the time the last member of that particular group is killed. At this rate you can kill roughly 24-30 mutants per minute and 1440-1800 per hour. So this should take around 3 1/2 hours of grinding to reach your 5000 kills.
Now you will do a base damage of around 1270 non head shot damage and 4000 with a head shot of course give or take based on perks and the particular weapon you are using. If no other players are around the 1270 non head shots WILL kill these mutants in 1 shot. If there is another player shooting near the group you are shooting at the head shots will still 1 shot them but it will take 2 non head shots to kill them.

I should add that this spot will net you 0 character XP as well as 0 weapon/skill XP and very, very little scrip and ark salvage so it is purely for getting your kills.

As far as leveling the semi-auto sniper skill the best place hands down is the Scrapworks Salvage Co-op map. Once you get into the part of the map where you are killing scrappers you will really be able to do some serious leveling as the omnivolts, heli bots and forgers all have large critical areas that will do huge amounts of damage. For those who do not know your weapons and weapon skills level based on the amount of damage you do with that weapon, your damage is basically your XP. You can get 3-4k crits on the omnivolts when they bend over and rear their lightning rod looking thing on their back. Same thing when the heli bots land and expose their inner red cores. Now the Forger is best of all for leveling and you can do 4k crits to the yellow parts of their tails but the best is when they open the big yellow eye and you will do 6-7k crits on them then. Using this method I was able to gain entire skill levels in just 1 run.

Anyways I hop this helps somebody and good luck to all on the grind.

ncanning
07-04-2013, 01:05 AM
Quip, is talking about "Turrent Turnabout", located west of the "Overpass". Great place to gain sniper kills, a bolter with 4x crit will get you one shot one kills all day long as long as they are head shots.

Me, I just run the story line over and over again. Lots to kill, and lots of everything to gain, and gear chest rewards of course.

Aeothena
07-04-2013, 02:09 AM
Quip, is talking about "Turrent Turnabout", located west of the "Overpass". Great place to gain sniper kills, a bolter with 4x crit will get you one shot one kills all day long as long as they are head shots.

Me, I just run the story line over and over again. Lots to kill, and lots of everything to gain, and gear chest rewards of course.

Yepp, “Turrent Turnabout” at Sutro Tower. Make it to the part that you are supposed to turn them on again, and then don't. Stand on the smaller buildings staircase facing the main building. Aim to the right at the wall for the spot where 4 dark matter spawn over and over. You should find your aim quick and get the first one with a hs right as they spawn, wait until the rest stops and take them out with one bullet each. When you run low on bullets, let one live, collect loot and get more bullets from the case almost next to you. Then start shooting again. Made 500 kills with little effort one evening. Not gone back again as I'm not up for the grinding just yet...

Tekrunner
07-04-2013, 02:58 AM
I did a bunch of my kills and most of my levelling at Sutro Tower. What people haven't really mentioned yet is that non-elite Dark Matter soldiers (which are plentiful in that mission) are the easiest type of enemies to get headshots on. They have a large head and don't move much. Not all sniper rifles will OS them, but get a couple good greens and you can just alternate between the two, resetting them as they fill up.

Personally I just completed the mission over and over, instead of letting soldiers spawn after only reactivating a set of turrets. The additional (character) xp and keys did not suck. I don't think it slowed me down too much, as you can start headshooting again pretty much as soon as you restart the mission.

Nadir
07-04-2013, 08:26 AM
I found the best place is up by the crater bar, the 99er mine in that valley, I'm currently on 3600 kills with my sniper

Nadir
07-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Also ken farm is pretty good

bigbear2face
07-04-2013, 08:34 AM
wait your weapon lvl is not about the kills but the damage ???

Correct. The only thing that matters for kills is a few pursuits. Weapon skill leveling is all about damage done. Which is why your weapon skills don't level with fully leveled guns. It is also why your skills don't level at major arkfalls or minor hellbug and scrapper arkfalls (it is so funny to see people using BMGs at those arkfalls thinking they are leveling them). For some reason the game doesn't track the damage done at those except for your stats at the end.

Best ways to level sem-auto's is against the hulkers and at scrapper or dark matter emergencies/"side quests".

Best way to get your 5000 bolt action kills is the Bolinas Sniper hotshot. You can one shot kill things with toe shots with the right perks so it is by far the easiest challenge to get the max score. Its been a long time since I did it but I think there is something like 54 enemies per run through. Only takes a few minutes.

Just my opinions

ThanosPrime
07-04-2013, 08:45 AM
I did it during the last mission in SF on your way to go after Nim Shondu. The first map marker takes you past a battle between Dark Matter and friendly Scrappers. Stop there and camp next to the ammo crate in the destroyed building and fire away. Dark Matter rarely attacks you as they are constantly under attack by Scrappers and your in a different phase/ event than other players so no one disturb your farming. Dark Matter/ Scrappers constantly respawn. You get decent XP, your 5000 kills with bolt action, lvl 10 with semi autos and 500 from cloaked. It does get a little boring but your under no time limit and have limitless enemies that are not attacking you. Just move away a little and go get a sandwich, use the bathroom, whatever then get back to it!

Maitreakow
07-04-2013, 01:21 PM
I like the Dark matter just on the far side of the Golden Gate Bridge. Lined up like ducks in a shooting gallery.