PDA

View Full Version : 47th Legion [North American, PvP, PvE, RP Lite]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Cavadus
10-21-2012, 11:19 AM
UPDATE - 01 MAR 18
Recruiting for Defiance 2050 is officially open! The 47th is currently playing Tom Clancy's The Division (http://www.firefallthegame.com/) while we wait for the release of Defiance 2050. If you'd like to join us please follow this link (http://47th.info/index.php?/enlist.html/).

http://47th.info/images/forumpost/47thbanner.png

OFFICIAL WEBSITE (http://47th.info)

IMPERIAL ARMED FORCES
High Command

Our young Empire is a force at war, fighting adversaries who threaten our foothold on a new civilization and way of life. The most significant aspect of our current strategic reality is that the struggle with alien and anarchic forces in which we are now engaged will be a protracted one in which we will find ourselves often in conflict with all manners of adversaries.

The Imperial Armed Forces's primary mission is to provide necessary forces and capabilities to the combatant commanders in support of the Universal War and Expansion Strategies. We have thousands of soldiers deployed or forward stationed today to support combat operations throughout California to deter aggression while securing the gains we've already established. We are fighting today while simultaneously preparing for tomorrow.

To continue to accomplish our mission, we are aggressively restructuring the IAF. We are transforming from a force designed for contingency operations in the post-Defiance era to a force designed for continuous operations in a time of discovery and reclamation that presents challenges to our Empire ranging from traditional to potentially catastrophic.

The IAF is dependent upon the resources procured up until now from liberated supply caches, coupled with emergency supplemental appropriations, to support current operations. These resources will also enable the force to recover from the stress placed on equipment and Legionaries during combat and continually "reset" itself for future deployments. Moreover, these resources are required to continue to transform the IAF into a larger, more powerful force built on self-sufficient legion-based modules. This force will be more flexible, more rapidly deployable, and better able to sustain the protracted military campaigns and conduct the joint expeditionary operations required by the current security environment.

We are sustaining our universal commitments while making tremendous progress in our transformation. We will need the continued support of the People and Senate to accomplish our mission today and tomorrow while providing for the well-being of our Soldiers, their families, and our civilian workforce who are serving the IAF in this time of war.

We will take back this city, we will take back what was once this state, this continent; humanity will triumph.

Terra Prima!

-Legate Maximillian Labienus

About
The 47th Legion is a military themed, North American based player association for Defiance on the PC only. We do not support Xbox or PS3. We are dedicated entirely to Defiance and only Defiance.

The 47th prides itself on professionalism and esprit de corps which are our core principles. We hold our Legionaries to a high standard and prohibit any and all types of exploiting and cheating and we do not tolerate drama.

Teamwork and collective effort are mantras the 47th lives by. We quest in a squad, move in a squad, and we all do what we can to contribute to the unit. If you like to go and do things your own way then the 47th simply isn't for you.

When you join the 47th you cease being an individual; you are now part of the most highly trained and professional combat unit on North American soil.

We currently have well over 100 active members deployed to the San Francisco Bay Area so if you are looking for an active, organized, fun, and professional guild, then you've found it in the 47th Legion!

Playstyle
While the 47th is military themed with great interest in PvP our ultimate goal is the creation of our own forward operating base and the creation of a multi-guild alliance.

That being said we also have a great interest in PvP, are interested in exploration, and in our downtime take in some entertainment.

The various playstyles would rank in Legion-wide interest as such:

PvP: ► ► ► ► ►
The 47th will be heavily engaged in PvP and it will be one of our primary play styles.
PvE: ► ► ► ►
We can't PvP all of the time so while PvE doesn't take priority it's obviously going to be a cornerstone of our play time.
Social Networking: ► ► ► ► ►
Community matters and we at the 47th are firmly committed to fostering a server-wide community by running events, competition, and various contests.
Exploration: ► ► ► ►
This will be a cornerstone that will heavily influence city building and PvP. Scouts definitely have a place in our legion.
Community: ► ► ►
Since our inception in Tabula Rasa we at the 47th have provided the community with server wide events and challenges. Fostering a true sense of community with non-guild members is important to us.

History
The 47th was originally established in 2007 as an offshoot of a Star Wars Galaxies guild from the Chilastra server.

By the time of the NGE a lot of interest in SWG had been permanently lost. A deployment or two later I became highly interested in Tabula Rasa and chose to start my own player organization for the game with a few SWG guildmates which came to be known as the 47th A.F.S. Expeditionary Force, or 47th A.F.S.E.F..

Around the time of TR's closure Earthrise caught the 47th's interest. We waited for Earthrise for over three years and were finally able to step foot on Enterran soil at game launch.

Unfortunately Earthrise was plagued with launch issues, lacked basic and rudimentary features, had an extremely unoptimized client which ran very poorly, had a small community, and incredibly slow patch releases. In June of 2011 we decided to quit Earthrise.

Moving on from there we briefly dabbled in Star Wars: The Old Republic though in the end the game was simply the antithesis in design of everything we actually enjoy in a MMO.

Features Professionally Built Dynamic Website;
IP.Board featuring IP.Content, IP.Classifieds, IP.Galleries, IP.Files, and more;
Dedicated 24/7 Private Mumble™ Server;
Personalized 47th.info E-Mail Address;
Regularly Scheduled Training Exercises and Field Missions;
Unit Supply Section; and
Ribbons and Awards System.

Ribbons & Awards System
The 47th recognizes the contributions our legionaries make to the unit. Whether it's something as simple as creating some artwork or recruiting all of your friends into the guild we have a plethora of rewards to honor our legionaries with.

Our legionaries proudly display their ribbons in their forum signature. If you'd like to learn more about awards system you can view them and their descriptions here (http://47th.info/comnet/index.php?/awards/category/1-awards/).

Legionary of the Month
Each month one legionary is selected by leadership for the full spotlight treatment which includes an interview with pictures spotlighted on the front page and an Achievement ribbon.

RP Lite
The 47th's style of roleplay is what we've coined "RP Lite." What this means is that we subscribe to a more moderate form of roleplay. More specifically, we ask our Legionaries to be "in character" in spatial/local chat but will not require anyone to be "in character" in any team, unit, or other such affiliated chat channels. We also do not require any Legionaries to be "in character" on our forums aside from the designated roleplay forum. "In character" chat is strictly forbidden on voice comms. The bottom line is that we want to present a degree of professionalism in public spaces and limited roleplaying allows us to do just that.

Enlistment Requirements
Must be playing Defiance on the PC;
Must be at least 19 years of age (exceptions considered on case by case basis);
Willingness to engage in PvP;
Willingness to utilize VOIP software for in and out of game communication;
Willingness to casually roleplay; and
All alternate characters must be tagged with the unit.

http://47th.info/images/forumpost/enlist.png (http://47th.info/index.php?/enlist.html/)

Current & Prior Service Friendly
The 47th is a great environment for current and past members of the armed forces and their families. Many of our Legionaries are prior service (I personally served in the U.S. Army for seven years as a 19D Cavalry Scout: FIRST TEAM!) and enjoy being around other prior service Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines; we welcome and encourage you to join!

Rank Referral Program
Active duty Legionaries who refer a successful enlistment to the 47th will be promoted one rank and grade up to and including Miles Gregarius (E3) and be awarded the Recruiter ribbon.

Destroy
10-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Check us out on our website at: http://47th.info

Cavadus
10-29-2012, 12:51 AM
I just wanted to clarify, and hopefully I've made very it apparent in the OP after some editing, that the 47th will be playing Defiance on PC only.

Cavadus
11-01-2012, 12:18 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius KissMyKyfe to the legion!

Cavadus
01-03-2013, 11:24 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Kemic to the legion :cool:

Cavadus
01-08-2013, 11:13 AM
I just wanted to mention that the 47th is currently deployed in Planetside 2 which is F2P. Anyone who enlists now can instantly jump into the action and start participating in the guild :D

Titchi
01-08-2013, 11:54 AM
This really caught my eye. Interested for sure, I'll check it out later when I get home from work.

Doc
01-09-2013, 08:44 AM
I just wanted to clarify, and hopefully I've made very it apparent in the OP after some editing, that the 47th will be playing Defiance on PC only.

That stinks, looking for PS3 guild, but good luck! Looks like a great guild.

Cavadus
01-09-2013, 01:58 PM
This really caught my eye. Interested for sure, I'll check it out later when I get home from work.

Sounds good :D If you have any questions about the outfit feel free to ask here or PM me.

That stinks, looking for PS3 guild, but good luck! Looks like a great guild.

Thanks and GL with the hunt for a PS3 guild :)

Cavadus
01-10-2013, 03:53 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Naudica to the Legion :D

guopeng
01-11-2013, 03:25 AM
我加入吧,看起来很不错啊

guopeng
01-11-2013, 03:27 AM
I just wanted to mention that the 47th is currently deployed in Planetside 2 which is F2P. Anyone who enlists now can instantly jump into the action and start participating in the guild :D

我加入,这个很不错吗!!!

Cavadus
01-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Hey guopeng,

I can't read that language, unfortunately :(

Cavadus
01-12-2013, 01:12 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Toomey to the Legion :cool:

Kenshiki
01-12-2013, 03:09 AM
Applied on the website. You guys seem pretty badass on the badass scale. :>

Cavadus
01-12-2013, 12:53 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Shirudo to the Legion ;)

Cavadus
01-14-2013, 01:45 AM
The 47th would like to welcome back Decanus Salvatore to the Legion after a long absence.

Cheers to friends from previous games reconnecting with us :)

Cavadus
01-15-2013, 11:33 AM
The 47th would like to welcome back Decanus Gunn. Good to see some of the old TR crew coming back together!

Cavadus
01-16-2013, 10:56 AM
The 47th would like to welcomes Miles Gregarii Blais and Egoreaper to the Legion!

Cavadus
01-17-2013, 09:27 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Titchi to the Legion!

Cavadus
01-17-2013, 07:46 PM
The 47th would like to welcome back a founding member from way back in our Tabula Rasa days so welcome back, Decanus Alita :)

Cavadus
01-18-2013, 01:19 PM
The 47th would like to welcome back returning Legionaries Zarlon and Kensai who are both Tabula Rasa vets :)

Cavadus
01-18-2013, 09:01 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Kazi to the Legion!

Cavadus
01-19-2013, 09:37 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Kazi to the Legion :)

Cavadus
01-20-2013, 04:11 PM
The 47th would like to welcome back Miles Gregarius Morticai to the Legion :)

Additionally, I'd like to thank all of our Legionaries who made it out for the beta this weekend. It was very nice to get back in touch with our returning members and meet our FNGs.

Destroy
01-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Welcome to all the new guys! Looking forward to seeing all of you in game.

Cavadus
01-22-2013, 01:16 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Fury to the Legion!

Cavadus
01-23-2013, 04:35 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Brad77 to the Legion!

Azwar
01-23-2013, 11:20 PM
Hey 47th haven't seen alot of you guys since early days of Earth Rise man what game that was wish i was still gaming on pc but given up on that mostly ps3 now anyway anyone thinking of joining these guys do it there awesome grp and great to game with miss all you guys good luck with your new adventure.

Monstein
01-23-2013, 11:33 PM
Did not notice, or find out the units view on voice chat.

Is the 47th going to have one?
Will members HAVE to be on it all times? Was in a WoW guild that you lost DKP for being in game and not on Vent.

I am looking for a guild I do not have to be in voice chat when I am not needed to be.

Cavadus
01-24-2013, 01:07 AM
@ Azwar

Thanks for the kind words, man :) Hopefully Defiance will pan out a lot better than Earthrise did. I don't think that should too be hard, lol.

Did not notice, or find out the units view on voice chat.

Is the 47th going to have one?
Will members HAVE to be on it all times? Was in a WoW guild that you lost DKP for being in game and not on Vent.

I am looking for a guild I do not have to be in voice chat when I am not needed to be.

Yup, we roll Vent. VOIP participation is encouraged but not mandatory; quite a few members have been with the guild for 5+ years and we like to joke around with one another :)

Features Professionally Built Dynamic Website
vBulletin Forum System with vBadvanced CMPS Plugin
Dedicated 24/7 Private Ventrilo Server
Personalized 47th.info E-Mail Address
Regularly Scheduled Training Events

Cavadus
01-25-2013, 01:50 PM
I'd just like make everyone aware that the best place for all of your Defiance news is the 47th Legion's Terran News Network (http://47th.info/comms/forumdisplay.php?f=17).

Multiple sources feed into it as well as supplemental posting by myself and other Legionaries. You can even follow our TNN on Twitter (http://twitter.com/47thLEG)!

Coogrrr
01-25-2013, 03:30 PM
I am trying to register on your website and would like to be considered for recruitment. I am an OG = Original Gamer. That doesnt tell you how old I am does it? WELL I AM NOT THAT OLD!!!!! who said that?!??!?! Well if your looking for an excellent mature player that wont be upset if you call him old just because he is more than 30 than I am your grandpa!! .... umm wait I mean I am your Guy!!!

Please let me know if I can join and how to make your website LET ME IN DAMMIT!!!!

Thanks
Chilly

Veteran of Tera, Aion, DCUO, CoH/CoV, Evercrack 1/2, some original WoW 60 levels worth anyway. And a few more unmentionables that will really tell how old I am.

Coogrrr
01-25-2013, 03:54 PM
I am trying to register on your website and would like to be considered for recruitment. I am an OG = Original Gamer. That doesnt tell you how old I am does it? WELL I AM NOT THAT OLD!!!!! who said that?!??!?! Well if your looking for an excellent mature player that wont be upset if you call him old just because he is more than 30 than I am your grandpa!! .... umm wait I mean I am your Guy!!!

Please let me know if I can join and how to make your website LET ME IN DAMMIT!!!!

Thanks
Chilly

Veteran of Tera, Aion, DCUO, CoH/CoV, Evercrack 1/2, some original WoW 60 levels worth anyway. And a few more unmentionables that will really tell how old I am.

Aight finally registered on the 47th's website. Does this mean I am a new meatshield?

Cavadus
01-25-2013, 10:26 PM
Aight finally registered on the 47th's website. Does this mean I am a new meatshield?

Absolutely :)

I'm glad you were finally able to register.

And everyone welcome Miles Gregarius Chilly to the Legion!

Cavadus
01-27-2013, 02:47 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Kerensky to the Legion!

Cavadus
01-30-2013, 12:08 PM
The 47th would like to welcome back Decanus Buzinator to the Legion!

Cavadus
01-31-2013, 10:24 AM
The 47th would like to welcome back Decanus Stinger to the Legion!

Cavadus
02-02-2013, 01:34 AM
The 47th would like to welcome back Miles Gregarius Madagain to the Legion!

Cavadus
02-03-2013, 10:35 PM
The 47th would like to welcome back Miles Gregarius Icewik to the Legion!

JustinD92
02-04-2013, 02:44 AM
Congrats on your guild success! Very professional setup! Would defiantly like to talk about who designed it. Rep+1

Cavadus
02-04-2013, 09:45 AM
Hey Justin,

Thanks for the kind words about the website. I'm the one who put it together. It's entirely run by vBulletin 3.8 with vBAdvanced's CMPS installed for the front end.

It's getting a little older and I've been looking to upgrade to vB5 when it actually releases for some QOL upgrades (namely a working Facebook, Twitter, Google, Yahoo, OpenID bridge and a better personal and community blogging system) though I'd hate to lose the current theme. If you have any other questions let me know :)

JustinD92
02-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Ah ok thanks! Well it looks great man. Keep it up.

Cavadus
02-04-2013, 11:50 PM

The 47th would like to welcome back Miles Gregarius Madagain to the Legion!

Jenbuu
02-05-2013, 06:49 AM
Welcome to the community link program guys. Hope you rock the Defiance world

Cavadus
02-05-2013, 09:26 AM
Welcome to the community link program guys. Hope you rock the Defiance world

Thanks Jenbuu, we really appreciate what you guys are doing and I always listen to your podcasts the second they come out :)

Cavadus
02-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Bleh, double post.

Cavadus
02-06-2013, 09:18 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Nred to the Legion!

Destroy
02-06-2013, 01:14 PM
Welcome Nred!

gothicshark
02-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Interesting, as a West Coast RP player your guild is the most professional so far. So at the moment you are on the my list of possibilities.

About me, Years ago I also played SWG. I was proud of having a Max Level dancer and left the game shortly after being forced into a combat role. Not to say I was apposed to combat I just didn't like being forced to change my game play.

After trying a few MMOs afterwards I settled on a Combination of WOW and City of Heroes. WOW was my hardcore game and COH was my social outlet. I still have a few friends from COH on my steam account, and I pop in WOW every update. However I am a bit burned out of the non-stop grind that is WOW. This game has my interests up because it has room for the social and Hardcore modes.

I guess I have one question, and that is will your group be open to various personal lore ideas for characters which might be unusual to the environment even though they could fit the current state of lore.

Examples -

1. Pre-Votan US government Super-soldier (ie Captain America but not so bright and sunny)
2. Someone with a case of Vampirism (not a sparkly fairy but a good old fashion blood sucker)
3. A time traveling alien hating military commander
4. a sociopath

Not to say that my character is one of these examples but I have seen guilds with RP that do not like people to not fall into the predefined molds given in the tutorial. example The Secrete World, I have a good friend who RPs and made a vampire character in TSW, the guild we were in gave my friend crap because the tutorial has everyone swallowing bees as the method of gaining powers, even though they have a vampire build in TSW. Defiance has everyone getting an injected secret friend...aka EGO.

gothicshark
02-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Hey guopeng,

I can't read that language, unfortunately :(

I think this is what it says:

I joined it looks very nice

I added, very good! ! !

Thanks to google (http://translate.google.com/#zh-CN/en/%E6%88%91%E5%8A%A0%E5%85%A5%E5%90%A7%EF%BC%8C%E7%9 C%8B%E8%B5%B7%E6%9D%A5%E5%BE%88%E4%B8%8D%E9%94%99% E5%95%8A%20%0A%0A%E6%88%91%E5%8A%A0%E5%85%A5%EF%BC %8C%E8%BF%99%E4%B8%AA%E5%BE%88%E4%B8%8D%E9%94%99%E 5%90%97%EF%BC%81%EF%BC%81%EF%BC%81)

Cavadus
02-07-2013, 10:28 AM
I guess I have one question, and that is will your group be open to various personal lore ideas for characters which might be unusual to the environment even though they could fit the current state of lore.

Examples -

1. Pre-Votan US government Super-soldier (ie Captain America but not so bright and sunny)
2. Someone with a case of Vampirism (not a sparkly fairy but a good old fashion blood sucker)
3. A time traveling alien hating military commander
4. a sociopath

Not to say that my character is one of these examples but I have seen guilds with RP that do not like people to not fall into the predefined molds given in the tutorial.

Well, we're RP-Lite so I think if you wanted to heavy-RP a vampire we wouldn't be the best fit for you.

That being said, we don't really care about what the tutorial says or doesn't say about us and we're currently working up a bit of pre-release lore for the Legion. At the moment it seems like we're leaning towards being a group of Pale War vets who have followed a former EMC/current E-Rep officer's call about retaking Terra in the name of humanity. We agreed that if we were ever going to have a chance to get on the show we'd probably have better odds being meanies rather than goody-two-shoes.

This doesn't mean we'll be *******s in-game. Think of Maximillian Veers from The Empire Strikes Back. That.

The discussion is currently in one of our open forums and can be read here (http://47th.info/comms/showthread.php?t=2410) if you're interested.

As far as actual RP conduct, we do RP a military unit so enlisted salute officers when appropriate, we'll have a designated guild uniform, conduct patrols and other various operations, and we're very excited about hosting server events like we used to do back in Tabula Rasa.

So all of the basic trappings of a professional combat outfit. Will we ever have a group of people hanging out at The Crater Bar RPing odd scenarios and dramatic personal relationships? I reckon something like that would be unlikely as we don't generally attract that level of roleplayers.

I mean, it's plausible but so are a lot things. I hope I haven't confused you ;)

Cavadus
02-08-2013, 04:10 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Draknos to the Legion!

Cavadus
02-10-2013, 11:15 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Jungels to the Legion!

Cavadus
02-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Just a quick reminder that anyone who joins before launch will come in at the rank and grade of Miles Gregarius (E3). Additionally, we have A LOT of squad leader slots currently open and are currently seeking out leadership candidates.

Cavadus
02-13-2013, 11:32 AM
The 47th would like to welcome back Signifer Kolya to the Legion!

Cavadus
02-14-2013, 11:39 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Gunn to the Legion!

Cavadus
02-16-2013, 01:38 PM
You can stay up-to-date with all of the latest Defiance news from around the net by following us on Twitte (http://twitter.com/47thLEG)r.

Cavadus
02-18-2013, 10:13 AM
The 47th would like to welcome back Decanus Stinger to the Legion!

Cavadus
02-19-2013, 10:07 AM
The 47th would like to welcome back Decanus Striker to the Legion!

Cavadus
02-19-2013, 06:21 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Adino the Legion!

Cavadus
02-20-2013, 02:26 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Reinmar to the Legion!

Cavadus
02-21-2013, 05:37 PM
Just a reminder that if you can stay completely up-to-date on Definace through our Terran News Network (http://47th.info/comms/forumdisplay.php?f=17)'s twitter which can be followed here (http://twitter.com/47thLEG).

I feel pretty confident in saying that our TNN (http://47th.info/comms/forumdisplay.php?f=17) is currently the fastest and most complete Defiance news wire on the web (http://47th.info/comms/forumdisplay.php?f=17).

Cavadus
02-23-2013, 08:24 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius VonErik to the Legion!

Reinmar
02-24-2013, 07:01 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Reinmar to the Legion!

Thank you for the welcome! I look forward to enjoying the game as part of the 47th Legion. I've been spreading the word among my MMO friends from other games and I expect them to be applying for membership soon.

April can't come soon enough for me.

Cavadus
02-25-2013, 09:31 AM
Thank you for the welcome! I look forward to enjoying the game as part of the 47th Legion. I've been spreading the word among my MMO friends from other games and I expect them to be applying for membership soon.

April can't come soon enough for me.

It seems to be working :)

The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Caecilli to the Legion!

Cavadus
02-26-2013, 01:06 PM
The 47th would like to welcome back Duplicarian Salvatore to the Legion!

Cavadus
02-27-2013, 09:42 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Decanus Stoutticus to the Legion!

Cavadus
02-28-2013, 06:16 AM
The 47th would like to congratulate Miles Gregarii Blais, Jungels, and Fury on their recent promotions into the non-commissioned officers corps!

Cavadus
02-28-2013, 06:38 PM
The 47th would like to congratulate Decanii Alita and Destroy on their promotions to Triplicarian as well as Payton and Cooke on receiving their officers' commission.

Cavadus
03-01-2013, 09:57 PM
The 47th would like to welcome back Miles Gregarius Schatten to the Legion!

Cavadus
03-02-2013, 12:37 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Defender to the Legion!

Cavadus
03-02-2013, 02:48 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Haguen to the Legion!

Cavadus
03-02-2013, 05:28 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Exittium to the Legion!

Cavadus
03-03-2013, 03:32 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Eldarch to the Legion!

Cavadus
03-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/47thLEG); our Defiance newswire is the fastest and most complete around!

Cavadus
03-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Enlist today to help the 47th craft unique origin lore. The discussion (http://47th.info/comms/showthread.php?t=2410) is already underway!

Cavadus
03-05-2013, 12:28 PM
The 47th would like to welcome back Decanus Striker to the Legion!

Cavadus
03-06-2013, 11:15 AM
We've got a rough draft of our origin lore which can be read here (http://47th.info/comms/showthread.php?t=2410).

It's not too late to enlist and help shape the history of the 47th in Defiance!

Payton
03-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Welcome to all the new 47th Members! Hope to see you in game soon and at launch. Visit our Home Board and introduce yourselves.

Cavadus
03-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Welcome to all the new 47th Members! Hope to see you in game soon and at launch. Visit our Home Board and introduce yourselves.

It's been a lot of fun getting to know the FNGs :)

Cavadus
03-08-2013, 03:48 PM
We've got some exciting launch day operations planned so don't miss out on your opportunity to hit the ground running with Defiance's best combat unit around!

Cavadus
03-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Enlist with the Legion today and help us choose a uniform!

Cavadus
03-09-2013, 06:50 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Blindlegend to the Legion!

Trek
03-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Interested in you guys, but it seems you are mostly west coast? I typically get online around 5-8pm EST.

What server/ empire in PS2?

Cavadus
03-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Interested in you guys, but it seems you are mostly west coast? I typically get online around 5-8pm EST.

What server/ empire in PS2?

Eh, we're kind of all over the map for American timezones so I wouldn't let the west coast mention stop ya.

We play TR on Emerald.

Cavadus
03-11-2013, 08:59 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius IdentityZer0 to the Legion!

Cavadus
03-11-2013, 06:06 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Tuffluck to the Legion!

Cavadus
03-12-2013, 09:05 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Bonetti to the Legion!

Cavadus
03-12-2013, 12:16 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Rojnaar to the Legion!

Cavadus
03-12-2013, 02:48 PM

Cavadus
03-13-2013, 08:30 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Stayfrosty to the Legion!

Trek
03-13-2013, 10:28 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Tuffluck to the Legion!

Ty for the invite. Here is the deal for who ever is looking for a clan.... After reading almost everything i could on the forums The 47th clearly has a purpose to own Defiance in PVP and PVE. Events are planned for PC day launch and to gear up members quickly. Our RP back story is being worked on as well as clan BDUs for unity. I'm really impressed so far.

If you want to be part of a team with goals in the game.... apply.

Miles Gregarius Tuffluck

Cavadus
03-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Glad to have ya aboard, Tuffluck!

The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Revan to the Legion!

Cavadus
03-13-2013, 03:31 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Mur to the Legion!

Trek
03-13-2013, 06:43 PM
Lots of new peeps, this is awesomesauce.

Cavadus
03-13-2013, 07:32 PM
lol

Anyways, in real life the 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Beardy to the Legion!

Cavadus
03-14-2013, 12:42 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Tarakis to the Legion!

Dragon7ninja
03-14-2013, 09:38 AM
What happened the other 46 legions?

Trek
03-14-2013, 09:59 AM
What happened the other 46 legions?

Need to know basis. All you need to know is The 47th Legion.

Cavadus
03-14-2013, 11:00 AM

Cavadus
03-14-2013, 04:51 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Vichus to the Legion!

Trek
03-15-2013, 10:03 AM
Lots of new peeps. Got to chat with a few on vent last night. Good times.

Enlist!!! http://47th.info/index.php?pageid=enlist

Cavadus
03-15-2013, 05:41 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Beanpod to the Legion!

Cavadus
03-16-2013, 10:12 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Jenkins to the Legion!

Cavadus
03-16-2013, 10:34 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius D O L C E to the Legion!

Trek
03-17-2013, 04:16 AM
Making new friends already..... Awesome.

Enlist here :
http://47th.info/index.php?pageid=enlist

Cavadus
03-17-2013, 03:27 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Kalimist to the Legion!

Cavadus
03-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Enlist today and participate in Operation Tabula Rasa on launch day! Due to the NDA I can say no more. Details will be released as soon as they are allowed.

Briarius
03-18-2013, 01:01 PM
I am a casual player looking for a good guild. As I am in college and near graduation I am not online as much as I would like to be. However I am an ex-soldier and this guild looks like it is right up my alley. I'm not on vent or anything, and I like to play the story lines with PVP and special events thrown in, but like I said I'm not extremely active. Do you take players like me? Second question, have you thought about expanding into the star wars online game?

Trek
03-18-2013, 06:05 PM
I am a casual player looking for a good guild. As I am in college and near graduation I am not online as much as I would like to be. However I am an ex-soldier and this guild looks like it is right up my alley. I'm not on vent or anything, and I like to play the story lines with PVP and special events thrown in, but like I said I'm not extremely active. Do you take players like me? Second question, have you thought about expanding into the star wars online game?

Vents necessary for Ops and PVP. I think it's too hard without it. I'm not the 40 hour gamer, but a presence in game and on our forums together would amount to something IMO. CO Cavadus will reply sooner or later I'm sure and he can tell you his expectations.

Sorry it took so long for a first response back.

All I know is we are gearing up big time and our private forums are insane with chatter on our game plans.

Good luck finding a clan :).

Mur
03-19-2013, 04:19 PM
I look forward to working with this well organized clan!

Cavadus
03-20-2013, 08:31 AM

We don't have any activity requirements or rigid schedules or anything; we don't make anything compulsory like some other guilds do.

As for your second question, are you talking about SWTOR? If so, we played it at launch and did not enjoy it. That being said, we do still have three or four legionaries who play it casually but with the release of Defiance coming up I can't tell you one way or the other if they'll maintain interest.

We have a ton of prior-service, though, and always like picking up members with that background. At this point I reckon that probably 50-60% of our membership is prior service or active duty.

Cavadus
03-20-2013, 10:20 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Stele to the Legion!

Cavadus
03-21-2013, 11:08 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Mitch_B91 to the Legion!

Cavadus
03-21-2013, 03:54 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Cael to the Legion!

armagon
03-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Hey just put in a enlistment request and hope to hear back from you soon

Trek
03-22-2013, 02:40 AM
Hey just put in a enlistment request and hope to hear back from you soon

On our forums it's says you are approved by the CO.

Tarakis
03-22-2013, 04:43 AM
Welcome to the 47th to those who have enlisted.

Rush
03-23-2013, 06:40 AM
Your site wont let me register, it keeps calling me a spammer lol. this sucks lol

Cavadus
03-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Hey Rush, I PM'd ya about the registration issue.

The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius ArnDog to the Legion!

Trek
03-24-2013, 03:14 AM
Our RP background story is coming together nicely.

Tarakis
03-24-2013, 08:50 AM
The Beta with the Clan is awesome.;)

Judah
03-24-2013, 11:45 AM
when I try to enlist it gives me this

Judah, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Judah
03-24-2013, 11:45 AM
and I never got a activation email

GenesisGFX
03-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Hi Cavadus,

Was just reading your first post and i like what i see as you look orginised clan/guild and i am interested in joining.
Only thing is, is that i haven't tried playing on BETA as they sent me link 1 hour till beta finishes :( So i am going to be a bit new to the game.

Best regards

Tarakis
03-24-2013, 07:40 PM
Beta was a Blast.

runescryer
03-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Signed up at the website, waiting for my verification so I can Enlist. I got to the beta party late, but the gameplay is fun so far.

Cavadus
03-24-2013, 08:00 PM
when I try to enlist it gives me this

Judah, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Hey Judah,

I looked up your account and it was stuck in limbo as you needed to verify your e-mail address. I went ahead and moved you over to "registered users" and you shouldn't have any issues submitted an app at this point.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Tarakis
03-25-2013, 07:50 AM
Welcome new recruits. Launch is getting closer.

Cavadus
03-25-2013, 08:13 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Milites Gregaria Cael, ToxikShellfish, PieRat King, Lyndri, Mortis, Jastio, Nasty, and Jhonen to the Legion!

Cavadus
03-25-2013, 09:15 AM
With a battle roster over 80 members strong (http://47th.info/index.php?pageid=roster) the 47th Legion is poised to take Defiance's launch by storm. If you've been sitting on the fence about joining a guild don't hesitate much longer as our pre-launch rank incentive program is about to expire!

Cavadus
03-25-2013, 01:26 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Kisala to the Legion!

Thoddiver
03-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Aaaa I remember selling buffs to people in your PA in SWG, and working on helping with fight clubs/spin academy! Holy crap it's cool to see old faces.

Tarakis
03-25-2013, 06:08 PM
Recruiting is going great. We have alot of quality players and looking for more.

Trek
03-26-2013, 03:52 AM
CO confirmed launch day Ops. If you want organization, apply today.

Enlist: http://47th.info/index.php?pageid=enlist

Eldarch
03-26-2013, 07:05 AM
Great bunch of people. If you are looking for a good crew to enjoy yourself with be it PvE or PvP or SW this is a good crew to be with.

Bonetti
03-26-2013, 08:43 AM
Although the group may have been originally formed on the west coast, we now have many members, myself included, that are on the east coast and play earlier in the day, so don't let that stop you.

Cavadus
03-26-2013, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I'd change the thread title to read "North American" instead of "West Coast" if I could. Maybe a mod will do it.

Nonetheless, our membership extends from one coast to the other and we have players ready to roll at virtually every time of day.

Plus we've officially rolled out our launch day operational plans. Don't miss out on the opportunity to be surrounded by knowledgeable and helpful players with months of alpha and beta testing experience behind them!

Jhonen
03-26-2013, 12:37 PM
Been playing PS2 all morning since I can't roll in Defiance, but its backfired. The 2nd can't come quick enough. I'll see you folks on Mount Tam.

Jenkins
03-26-2013, 12:39 PM
I'm super stoked. I really can't wait for the 2nd. I really want to get some groups together and work on scenarios and figure out some good group dynamics!

Payton
03-26-2013, 03:16 PM
Welcome to all the new recruits. Be sure to register on our Guild site and jump into our chat server to say hello and talk about the game.

Bonetti
03-26-2013, 05:20 PM
Cavadus, thanks for changing the guild description to be North America instead of West Coast. Hopefully people that were undecided thinking they might be playing alone in the east coast will feel more at ease. Just based on our Beta participation and the Alpha testers that are in the guild, I know were will have people every evening through all NA time zones.

Cooke
03-27-2013, 02:06 AM
As always, Cav's running this ship to fame, fun and fortune. Jump on board, it'll be an awesome ride.

Personally, I wish I could be U.S. based for more operational continuancy, but +1 GMT isn't too bad. Maybe I can keep some poor ex-pat sods in the EU company.

Tarakis
03-27-2013, 06:34 AM
This Clan is growing by leaps and bounds with quality, helpful players. Top of the World, Ma.

IdentityZer0
03-27-2013, 09:26 AM
I am having great fun with these guys, glad I joined after the second beta.

Cavadus
03-27-2013, 09:27 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Milites Gregaria Munster and Judah to the Legion!

Beardy
03-27-2013, 10:15 AM
I'm lookin' forward to getting in game with you guys for launch!

Mur
03-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Yes, this is going to be fantastic!

Cavadus
03-27-2013, 01:17 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Drake to the Legion!

Mur
03-27-2013, 02:26 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Drake to the Legion!

Welcome Drake!

Trek
03-27-2013, 06:07 PM

Jungels
03-27-2013, 06:37 PM
I can't think of a better guild to be in for Defiance. I'm so glad I joined!

Mur
03-27-2013, 07:38 PM
I can't think of a better guild to be in for Defiance. I'm so glad I joined!

Well Jungels, I am about to log into our awesome website to look at personal messages!

Trek
03-28-2013, 02:37 AM
Well Jungels, I am about to log into our awesome website to look at personal messages!

The Shout Box on the forums is awesomesauce IMO.

Montbard
03-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Joined this team just before the final beta hit after scouring the ads for guilds.
This one appealed to me the most on several levels. Very glad I've joined, they are well organized, easy to get along with, and interested in helping everyone and the collective whole.

Mur
03-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Glad you joined up Montbard! I look forward to playing alongside y'all!

Cavadus
03-28-2013, 04:59 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Milites Gregaria Unitas and Karis to the Legion!

Mur
03-28-2013, 05:06 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Milites Gregaria Unitas and Karis to the Legion!

Welcome new recruit!

Trek
03-28-2013, 07:14 PM
For pure, unadulterated TakaTakaTaka.... Or Pewpew if you like da lazars.

Bonetti
03-29-2013, 06:01 AM
A hearty welcome to all the new folk that have recently joined the 47th. I am really looking forward to Tuesday.

KBob
03-29-2013, 04:16 PM
A hearty welcome to all the new folk that have recently joined the 47th. I am really looking forward to Tuesday.

thanks :). I hope to see some old friends on this day as well.

Trek
03-30-2013, 06:24 AM
Chain of command is setup Roman Legion style. Check us out if you want coordination.

Tarakis
03-30-2013, 07:55 AM
Welcome to all new recruits to the 47th.

KBob
03-30-2013, 10:17 AM
@all - note, that those are last days of "pre-launch" advantages of 47th legion's recruitment. We need some time to process your applications, so if you decided to join - do it rather sooner, than later.

KBob
03-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Cavadus, thanks for changing the guild description to be North America instead of West Coast. Hopefully people that were undecided thinking they might be playing alone in the east coast will feel more at ease. Just based on our Beta participation and the Alpha testers that are in the guild, I know were will have people every evening through all NA time zones.

^^ I'm in EST myself, so I hope to see more EST guys (and girls :) ) now

Bonetti
03-31-2013, 08:58 AM
Glad to see more if us in the Eastern time zones.

Trek
03-31-2013, 12:09 PM
I'm in Eastern, but usually end up playing with hardcore EU cuz I'm on right after work.

Cavadus
03-31-2013, 01:28 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Milities Gregaria McGinnis, Pie, Dreagar, Rush, KBob, Plissken, Cursive, Ratche, Krax, Pance, DragonArmy001, Ikthale, Barinthus, and Ninevoltz to the Legion!

Nfrann
03-31-2013, 03:13 PM
Hey all, I signed up at your site but never heard back? I'd like to join =)

KBob
03-31-2013, 03:20 PM
Hey all, I signed up at your site but never heard back? I'd like to join =)

Hi Nfrann, make sure that you submit the application as stated in the first post on this topic. Also, please note, that there could be some delay before decision is made (normally not longer than some hours though :) ).

Good luck with your application

Bonetti
03-31-2013, 05:32 PM
Nfrann, did you activate your site membership? I did not see your name in the registered users list nor in the enlistment forum. Perhaps check in your junk e-mail folder for the activation e-mail.

Payton
03-31-2013, 06:12 PM
The applications we are receiving are impressive. Good recruits still welcome.

Cavadus
03-31-2013, 08:00 PM
Nfrann, did you activate your site membership? I did not see your name in the registered users list nor in the enlistment forum. Perhaps check in your junk e-mail folder for the activation e-mail.

Pretty much this. Check your spam filter/folder for the e-mail.

Cavadus
03-31-2013, 08:50 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Miles Gregarius Ninevoltz to the Legion!

Nfrann
04-01-2013, 12:29 AM
I have registered on your site and can log in, it takes me to a page saying "Click here to Enlist" and when I do I get

"Nfrann, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

I don't recall any verification email and I have none in Junk, etc. Thoughts Oh Great and Mighty Ones?

Trek
04-01-2013, 02:27 AM
I had this happen when I tired to join a ps2 outfit weeks ago. I ended up having to redo it with a different email. Sux... The second time the confirm email did goto junk folder.

Nfrann
04-01-2013, 06:57 AM
I had this happen when I tired to join a ps2 outfit weeks ago. I ended up having to redo it with a different email. Sux... The second time the confirm email did goto junk folder.

If that's the problem, Perhaps someone can delete my registration? I kinda of want to use the name and email address. =)

Trek
04-01-2013, 07:56 AM
I don't have those privileges. I just dig latrines and run supply :)

Cavadus
04-01-2013, 09:08 AM
If that's the problem, Perhaps someone can delete my registration? I kinda of want to use the name and email address. =)

Yup, looks like your welcome e-mail got caught by your spam filter/folder with the account verification link.

I looked up your account and verified it manually. You should now be able to submit an enlistment application without any issues.

Cavadus
04-01-2013, 01:25 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Tiro SirBeefie to the Legion!

Cavadus
04-01-2013, 03:54 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Tiro Braeburn to the Legion!

KBob
04-02-2013, 01:18 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Tiro Braeburn to the Legion!

we are still recruiting - apply on site.

Nfrann
04-02-2013, 07:00 AM
Hey all, I filled out an app a couple days ago - got the game up - allowing it stops "timing me out" - can I join? I did have a couple of problems with your email (see prior posts) not sure why? I'm running outlook so questionable emails just goes into junk mail - easy to find - no emails from you yet - hopeful :p

Also, how do I find you in game to join up?

Cavadus
04-02-2013, 09:38 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Tirones Nfrann and K’Tatluun to the Legion!

Trek
04-02-2013, 11:05 AM

Cavadus
04-02-2013, 03:19 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Tiro Gunboss to the Legion!

Payton
04-02-2013, 05:18 PM
If anyone sees the 47th ingame and has any questions about membership feel free to ask for an Officer who may be present. We do not recruit ingame so all applications will have to be through our Board.

Welcome to all the new recruits.

Cavadus
04-02-2013, 06:18 PM
The 47th Legion is currently operating in the San Francisco bay area with 105 personnel. Every day more disillusioned E-Rep soldiers and EMC veterans flock to our ranks in the name of reclaiming Terra.

Don't miss out on your opportunity to make a difference! Officium ante proprium bonum - service above self!

Trek
04-03-2013, 02:55 AM
We do have a Vent server and active forums.

Cavadus
04-03-2013, 08:43 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Tirones Hadron and Geredis to the Legion!

Cavadus
04-04-2013, 01:07 AM
Our pre-order rank incentive has officially closed. All future personnel will enter the 47th Legion at the rank and grade of Tiro [E1].

Cavadus
04-04-2013, 01:39 PM
The 47th Legion is currently in the process of selecting our unit-wide combat armor. Enlist today to submit potential candidates and help shape the direction of the 47th!

KBob
04-04-2013, 02:07 PM
The 47th Legion is currently in the process of selection our unit-wide combat armor. Enlist today to submit potential candidates and help shape the direction of the 47th!

I'll try to get currently suggested armor today ( need to bug someone 500+ to do it :) ) - all recruits feel free to join :)

Cavadus
04-04-2013, 03:33 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Tiro Z3R0 to the Legion!

Cavadus
04-04-2013, 05:30 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Tiro Talnoch to the Legion!

Maligant
04-04-2013, 06:03 PM
I've heard there are some pretty good people in this clan. They have a history of being honorable too.

Tarakis
04-04-2013, 06:31 PM
We play by our motto "Service Before Self".

sNa
04-04-2013, 06:46 PM
68W here looking to join. IGN: aDcarry.

Cavadus
04-04-2013, 07:29 PM
68W here looking to join. IGN: aDcarry.

Hey sNa,

You'll need to register with our website and submit an enlistment application for consideration: http://47th.info/index.php?pageid=enlist

The 47th would like to welcome Tiro Mendokusai to the Legion!

@ Malignant: Thanks for the endorsement :)

mendokusai
04-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Woot. I was just about to Tell yall here that I Registered not to long ago. If some could hit me up in game for now I need a friends list :P

Tarakis
04-04-2013, 11:38 PM
Woot. I was just about to Tell yall here that I Registered not to long ago. If some could hit me up in game for now I need a friends list :P

You nrrd to go to the 47th forum and click the Enlist tab.

Trek
04-05-2013, 02:31 AM

KBob
04-05-2013, 03:23 AM

just find one of the officers in vent and ask them to invite you to clan :)

Tarakis
04-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Recruiting still going strong. We have alot of great players.

Nfrann
04-05-2013, 03:01 PM
I'm an idiot - pfft

Cavadus
04-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Sorry to hear that, Nfrann. It took us two days to decide whether or not accept your application because, to be frank, your enlistment application was quite sparse and I was considering rejecting it. We generally reject applications that short but in light of your EVE experience I opened up discussion about your enlistment to our officers and we did decide to accept you in the end.

Additionally, after you submitted your app the confirmation page clearly stated that it could take up to four days before you would receive a response. You submitted on the 1st and were approved on the 2nd; less than twenty four hours for an application that was being reviewed by leadership...

/shrug

The PM I sent you contained a link to our VOIP info as well as the name of your immediate section leader and the rest of your platoon leadership. Any of them could have tagged you. Did you ask in Vent for a tag?

The welcome PM is quite thorough about everything you need to know to get started. None of our other 80+ members have reported any problems similar to the ones you raised but we'll take your feedback into consideration and make adjustments where need be.

Good luck in your continuing search for a guild and I'm sorry things didn't work out.

Trek
04-06-2013, 03:11 AM
IMO regarding vent, I think our Troops aren't using the AFK channel when they are...AFK. So it appears 12 on in comms, but they aren't at the computer lol. Again, my experience.

Had a lively chat going on past two late afternoons. Then there are times it's dead silent.

Most of your issues could have been resolved in PM to the CO. A tactful person, with good intentions, usually won't put this type of stuff on public forums.

Good luck sir.

Nfrann
04-06-2013, 05:19 AM
Most of your issues could have been resolved in PM to the CO. A tactful person, with good intentions, usually won't put this type of stuff on public forums.

Good luck sir.

You know, In hindsight, I couldn't agree with you more. I should have sent a PM - sorry.

Trek
04-06-2013, 05:58 AM
Add me as a friend in game if u want. I'm friendliest person, most of time lol, and like to chat. Once chat system is up :)

Edit: in-game name is Tuffluck Ikasawak

Mur
04-06-2013, 06:49 AM
You know, In hindsight, I couldn't agree with you more. I should have sent a PM - sorry.

Well, we hate to see you go but love to watch you leave. For anyone who is interested in the 47th Legion, you should know that we are active, social and organized. We are also evenly distributed amongst West Coast and East Coast; while there may be off peak times for everyone, there haven't been many for us. I have had to change channels at times on vent so I could think clearly with all the game focused conversation happening.

Please check us out, especially if you are interested in a veteran friendly environment.

Striker
04-06-2013, 07:00 AM
It is too bad you jumped to the incorrect conclusion Nfrann. I was your Platoon Leader and I take the enjoyment of my troops very seriously. I actually had not noticed your approval until last night after I had gamed a lot from Tuesday-Thursday morning and then worked 36 hours straight. I was going to contact you directly this morning to introduce myself. Had you contacted me in a PM, as I have been unavailable the last couple days in-game/on Ventrilo, I would have cleared up any reservations you may have had and most likely responded to the PM within an hour.

You do have somewhat of a good point about your greeting on Ventrilo once you got there, but I do believe you failed to look at it objectively. People being AFK in Ventrilo is a common thing and you also happened to jump on after the first 72 hours after release in which many of our folks had pushed themselves to the limit and had been quite sleep deprived.

It is a shame that you immediately jumped to a negative conclusion. After two years with this unit, and having known Centurion Cavadus since 2001, I have never seen a single person leave this unit while continuing to play the game the unit is in. That says something significant. This unit has been a home to many and will continue to be a home to more in the future. We strive for excellence both in-game and as a community and have achieved that since the inception of the unit in 2007.

We do wish you luck in the future. As Centurion Cavadus had mentioned, we were on the fence about accepting your application based on the way you completed it. It was decided to give you a shot based on your proclaimed achievements in EVE. I am quite shocked that someone with such experience would conduct themselves in the way you have.

Regardless, I would be willing to put my position in the unit on the line and let you back in, just for the opportunity to prove you wrong. As a side effect, you would probably find that you did indeed find a home. That isn't within my power, but as stated before, I take the enjoyment and success of my platoon members very seriously. In the 47th Legion, the leaders all serve the members rather than the members serving the leaders. This is one of the many reasons the 47th Legion remains an excellent environment for all!

Cavadus
04-06-2013, 09:01 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Tirones Mihkal, Leoharn, Scout, and Hardstyle to the Legion!

Regardless, I would be willing to put my position in the unit on the line and let you back in, just for the opportunity to prove you wrong.

I would honor this should you decide to reconsider, Nfrann.

Cavadus
04-06-2013, 01:51 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Tiro ward925 to the Legion!

Nfrann
04-06-2013, 07:54 PM
As Centurion Cavadus had mentioned, we were on the fence about accepting your application based on the way you completed it. It was decided to give you a shot based on your proclaimed achievements in EVE. I am quite shocked that someone with such experience would conduct themselves in the way you have.

LOL - Okay, Okay guys, you win. I said I was sorry for pooping in your punchbowl. I'd been up for 2 days (insomnia ftw) was reading your forum thread and somehow I obviously convinced myself all you needed to complete your life was my brilliant constructive criticism. Where's the morning after pill for that I ask you? :rolleyes:

To the Defiance World at large - These guys have done a ton of great work prior to launch, just check out their website http://47th.info/ - are obviously on the ball - so don't be a weenie like me and join what looks like a good clan.

Me - I'mma gonna go slink back over to my side of the fence, play the game and stay out of this thread.

KBob
04-07-2013, 01:06 AM
I just checked - there is enough free space in the legion to accomodate more people. So please - have a look at first post in the thread and apply if you like it.

Tarakis
04-08-2013, 01:21 AM
We are still looking for more quality gamers to join, We Rock, and you will have fun.

Pie
04-08-2013, 06:41 AM
Great bunch of people, very helpful and just a fun guild to be around, come join us and have fun.

Cavadus
04-08-2013, 08:35 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Tirones 1776, Darkstorm, xMerTreKx, Wika, and Eternalty to the Legion!

Cavadus
04-08-2013, 01:09 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Tiro Moonshadow to the Legion!

Cavadus
04-08-2013, 02:10 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Tiro Sovreignty to the Legion!

Tarakis
04-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Welcome all new recruits !!! Still looking for more Enlist Today :) .

Cooke
04-09-2013, 01:41 AM
New Recruits: Don't forget to check your PM's on the 47th site, dive into our SOP's and get yourself an official forum sig and vent connection instructions.

Trek
04-09-2013, 03:08 AM

Montbard
04-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Welcome all the newly enlisted. The Legion is starting to work on building out the event schedule, so make sure you check out the poll question.

Cavadus
04-09-2013, 12:17 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Tiro Acerion to the Legion!

Cavadus
04-09-2013, 04:33 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Tiro Agent06 to the Legion!

KBob
04-10-2013, 07:04 AM
New Recruits: Don't forget to check your PM's on the 47th site, dive into our SOP's and get yourself an official forum sig and vent connection instructions.

^^ this ! With quite a few new nice people joining it is essential to recognize mates :)

Cavadus
04-10-2013, 11:48 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Tiro Life.exe to the Legion!

Cavadus
04-10-2013, 02:42 PM
I'd just like to add that the 47th Legion has a wonderfully built S-2 Intelligence section chock full of easy to access and important information available as well as a unit supply section where legionaries can requisition various pieces of gear.

Aren't you tired of playing alone yet? Dissatisfied with activity level or unorganized play of your current unit?

Enlist in the 47th Legion today! (http://47th.info/index.php?pageid=enlist)

Trek
04-10-2013, 05:43 PM
As Quartermaster I can only imagine how awesome our supply will be with in-game mail and clan bank.

Tarakis
04-10-2013, 11:16 PM
We are still accepting applications. Enlist with the 47th Today. NOW :).

Cooke
04-11-2013, 05:09 AM
A hearty welcome to all new recruits!

Kudos to our quartermaster for implementing a supply chain without the aforementioned in-game mail and a guild bank.

Bonetti
04-11-2013, 05:14 AM
Fixed up my avatar and signature in the Defiance forum and needed a test. I offer my thanks to the members of The 47th that got these together for us.

Cavadus
04-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Fixed up my avatar and signature in the Defiance forum and needed a test. I offer my thanks to the members of The 47th that got these together for us.

Lookin' good, Bonetti!

Cooke
04-11-2013, 09:59 AM

Nice one. I tried to get a little fancier, but the badge is tough to see I think.

Destroy
04-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Just a quick heads up to those applying or considering it: If you fill out an app on our website, please put some thought and a little time into it. It is our first chance to get an idea of who you are and one to three word responses really doesn't give us much information to work with. We prefer people who actually want to join our group and not so much people who are spamming 50 guilds with apps hoping one accepts. We want you to have fun running with us and are concerned about accepting people who will fit with our guilds overall style. The app helps give us an idea if you understand what we are looking for in applicants. Thanks!

Seekan Destroy, out.

Cavadus
04-11-2013, 11:41 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Tiro Wulf to the Legion!

Shazbot88
04-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Nathaniel Shepard here, the 47th looks like the perfect home for me. I will be enlisting today to do my part.

Cavadus
04-11-2013, 12:18 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Tiro Shepard to the Legion!

Cavadus
04-11-2013, 01:50 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Tiro Maerus to the Legion!

KBob
04-11-2013, 02:15 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Tiro Maerus to the Legion!

25 pages in a few days, and close to 100 messages on forum per day ... aren't we growing ...

Tarakis
04-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Stop Reading and go to the 47th and Enlist.. Now !! :)

Trek
04-12-2013, 01:48 AM
25 pages in a few days, and close to 100 messages on forum per day ... aren't we growing ...

Yea, its been years since I've been in such an active group. Refreshing.

Tarakis
04-12-2013, 02:07 PM
We are still waiting for you to Enlist with the 47th. Stop jekking around.

Cavadus
04-12-2013, 03:10 PM
The 47th would like to welcome Tirones Sidra and Soulguard to the Legion!

Tarakis
04-13-2013, 02:37 AM
We are growing well. Developing a Great Team also.

Tarakis
04-13-2013, 07:02 AM
New Enlistees Welcome to the 47th.

Purecrew
04-13-2013, 08:52 AM
I have only joined but a few days ago, but already I fell as if i'm a part of the team. Normally it takes time for new guys to get that felling, Great bunch of people and great players.

Cavadus
04-13-2013, 11:21 AM
The 47th would like to welcome Tirones Philippe and Decon to the Legion!