PDA

View Full Version : Daily Patching

Buldog
04-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Really Trion....this is why your ******* Rift game failed...and you`ll **** this game up to with daily patches.
This is the only MMO that I have ever played that does this daily ****.

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Really Trion....this is why your ******* Rift game failed...and you`ll **** this game up to with daily patches.

wow, server has not even been down for 10 minutes, and already a rant thread

Valekrin
04-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Preach on, brotha! Damn these quick downtimes and daily fixes that give me time to eat lunch without feeling like I'm missing out.

N7_Legion
04-12-2013, 10:10 AM

I think its great that they patch often! It means they are constantly making improvements. Its better then not patching at all and leaving us all with a buggy game, although I'm sure you would rant about that to right?

SonicBoom
04-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Really Trion....this is why your ******* Rift game failed...Heh, Rift is doing pretty darn good.

and you`ll **** this game up to with daily patches.It's been out a week. Of course there will be a lot of patches right now, but it will slow down a lot over the next few weeks. In case you forget or didn't know, this happens to every online-based game.

This is the only MMO that I have ever played that does this daily ****.Then this is either the only MMO you've ever played at launch, or you're trolling. And btw, Bulldog is spelled with two L's. :p

Quipwicked
04-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Hey, If they fix this game up all nice and purdy then i'm all for the down time........too bad they can't do this when my son is not at school :( btw just broke 1000 ego last night and got an orange Fragger

Buu
04-12-2013, 10:18 AM

Looks legit. Not like a dumbass from a competitor company thinking too high of themselves, believing that a single word from their mouths can start a riot.

sbrite10
04-12-2013, 10:20 AM

Uh yeah UMAD BRO? Hate to tell you but Rift did not fail and is going pretty strong.This is the first time Ive seen any Downtime and its a server fix.Any fix is a good fix.Lighten up man.Youll get to play.

greatdividers
04-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Looks legit. Not like a dumbass from a competitor company thinking too high of themselves, believing that a single word from their mouths can start a riot.

only the most tinfoil of hats

Rift is one of the only subscription based MMO's to make it passed the 2 year mark; it's actually incredibly successful.

most mmo's you literally can't even play for the first week. as mentioned already the daily patching is required to get the gameplay as smooth as possible as soon as possible.

rage on kiddo

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Lol, not one person agrees with the OP. GET OUT THE PITCHFORKS!!!

Ikagawa
04-12-2013, 10:27 AM

Soooooo...This is the only MMO you've ever played then.

seros
04-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Hey trion i have a list of issues please fix your game, also Trion stop fixing your game its interrupting me playing your broken game...now fix your game!!

Ashnon
04-12-2013, 10:36 AM
Hey trion i have a list of issues please fix your game, also Trion stop fixing your game its interrupting me playing your broken game...now fix your game!!

If I could give you rep, you'd have it.

Radzwe
04-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Really, no other MMO has a daily patch schedule when it launches... or right after an expansion... pretty sure I remember several major successful titles with daily patches for several weeks.

Also think it is better than waiting a week to fix bugs.

Misto29
04-12-2013, 11:01 AM

And this is how said person would react.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc

cassell
04-12-2013, 11:17 AM

You truly are a complete idiot. Rift never "failed" first off and has a very loyal following. Second you bonehead, they are making improvements to the game. Seriously go back to grade school.

seros
04-12-2013, 11:47 AM
And this is how said person would react.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc

HAHA!! Nice one got a good laugh out of that..

Riktar
04-12-2013, 12:51 PM
wait, so his first forum post is to rage over 10mins - 1hr daily down time. Down time to improve his games quality, while maintaining minimal actual dt?.... btw OP i still play rift, JS.

Moosh
04-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Oh boy, how is he gonna react next week when there is like a 15gb patch with new content and fixes? thats like an hour download OMG, this is unacceptable... LOLOLOL

ironhands
04-12-2013, 01:59 PM
daily patches are fine when things are just getting up and running. they're being done to make our time less buggy. they've given us boosts as compensation. once the majority of these issues have been resolved, we shouldn't see any major outages for a while.

ironhands
04-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Oh boy, how is he gonna react next week when there is like a 15gb patch with new content and fixes? thats like an hour download OMG, this is unacceptable... LOLOLOL

15gb? lol

i'll be surprised if it's more than 100mb. it'll be a replaced main EXE, and a few support files, plus VO content, and maybe an instance map for the new missions

Mysk
04-12-2013, 02:31 PM

First off Rift hasn't failed, it's still going strong. A game doesn't need several million subs to be a "success". Yes WoW has (last I heard) 9.6 million subs, but servers are all low population since that company refuses to consolidate.

The only daily patches I have is a 2 sec update. I assume that this is just a quick check of the RDB hashes or such. Many mmos actually do something like this, they just happen so fast you don't notice.

Blackwolfe
04-12-2013, 02:39 PM
If it helps them fixing all the bugs and issues, Im all for them patching daily. As a matter of fact I look forward to every single patch. At least they have separate eu and us patch times now.

Frostlight
04-12-2013, 03:31 PM
I'll take daily patching that only takes up 30-60 minutes versus weeks of server crashes and game breaking bugs. It just amazes me that someone would gripe about this when the alternative is so much worse...

Valethar
04-12-2013, 03:43 PM

First time poster has never played an MMO before.

Here's your sign (http://home.comcast.net/~valethar/images/misc/mmovirgin.jpg).