PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Mod - not working

WolfeUK
04-12-2013, 10:10 AM
i have a sawed-off shotgun that im trying to mod,

i had 2 mods slot and have added another 2, so all mods slots are open, i have a lvl III cartridge mod that im trying to add to it, i dont have the shotgun in any of my active slots, but for some reason the mod is not showing up when im trying to add it, ive tried signing out/in mixing my inventory slots up, but nothing seems to be working,

do i need special privileges to add a lvl III mod ??

thats the only thing i can think off thats stopping me from modding

PS ive modded loads of guns and not had any problems with them...

Vhailas
04-12-2013, 10:11 AM
I don't think you can expand the ammo capacity of sawed off shotguns.

WolfeUK
04-12-2013, 10:13 AM
why then do they have a mod for it, or is it only the sawed off version of the shotgun that cant be modded with extra ammo ?

Arc Cero
04-12-2013, 10:15 AM
I don't think you can expand the ammo capacity of sawed off shotguns.

This. Same way I've never seen a magazine increase mod for a Rocket Launcher. Even if those do exist, it wouldn't make sense for them to exist for Sawed-offs. They shoot both barrels at once. How would you manage to fit 3/4/5(?) bullets into two barrels without exploding when you fired? I know it's set in a fantasy-verse, but some realism is expected, and I for one, find it nice.

@ Wolfie Yeah, pretty sure. I'm using a pump action shotgun that has a base of 8 shells, a built-in bonus of +5 Magazine and was still able to receive another Magazine x1.30 from a mod I slotted into it. for a total of 16. Worked with Auto shots too.

Vhailas
04-12-2013, 10:15 AM
Probably only the sawed off, I was able to put a shot pod on my pump shotgun but unable to put the same mod on a sawed off. I expect it's so you cannot circumvent the "reload weakness" of the sawed off.

WolfeUK
04-12-2013, 10:17 AM
yea, kinda makes sense when you look at it like that

thanks guys

RLStroud
04-12-2013, 10:17 AM
It's just sawed-offs. I've added extra capacity to both pump and combat shotguns so I know they work for both of those types.

mikepaul
04-12-2013, 10:22 AM
It was depressing that the grenade-launching sawed-off shotgun couldn't have extra grenades. I'm hoping to stumble across a higher-level reload mod to make it more useful...

WolfeUK
04-12-2013, 10:32 AM
thats what i was trying to mod, but yes, guess faster reload is the next next option :)

BallzBeeDragon
04-12-2013, 11:08 AM
I don't know if any of you have notice but I have that all the FRC Heavy - Scatterguns come with a fire rate of 1.8 well I got a legendblue one that came with x1.03 but the fire rate for the scattergun is still 1.8 well when I compare it to my others its showung that its better ido if this is a bug or if the x1.03 really doesn't effect the 1.8 fire rate