PDA

View Full Version : A few questions/ideas from a guy who's still working out the kinks.

Arc Cero
04-12-2013, 10:11 AM
As the title says. Does anyone have a half comprehensive list of the nano-effects that are able to be found on weapons? I can gather what Fire, Electricity and Toxic ( Radiation) does. I have no earthly idea what the weird little purple mark on a weapon is however. It seems to be found modifying Melee more than the weapon itself more often than not. Expanding on that, wouldn't it be nice if we were told what they did in game? Either in the on-weapon tooltip or in the help section. Whichever.

Also, do you stop earning weapon mastery experience when you "rank up" a weapon? If so, I find that assanine. I'm sure that the developers want us to experiment with all the different kinds of weapons we can find and they took the time to make, but when I want to use a Carbine that I found a long time ago, and is still stronger than most of my other rifles, I don't feel like I should be penalized for doing so. Same scenario pretty much when I do find a different weapon but the firing style is different. ( I can't bring myself to like Auto-Shotguns, Burst rifles, ect, ect. )

Almost done here, guys. I read in the patch notes that voice area chat is initially turned off now. I had never heard it in the first place, even before. I always wear my headset, because as a Long-time FPS player, it just feels more natural with it on than off when I play any kind of shooter to be honest. Is there something I'm missing that I can't turn it on yet, or is it just hidden in some menu I haven't found?

And one more small question, if it doesn't require too much explanation. What's a Shadow War and how does it differ from Co-Op/Competitive Maps?

Thanks for your time and responses.

--Serge (Arc Cero)

Vhailas
04-12-2013, 10:25 AM
I don't think Area VoIP is active on XBL yet.

Yes you stop earning mastery once the weapon reaches it's XP cap and gains its bonus, so you will need to swap to another weapon to continue gaining mastery.

Fire burns stuff and makes some enemies panic, like roll around screaming.
Electricty inflicts a minor damage over time, and is supposed to stun enemies via the jiggle-wiggle.
The green radiation symbol (Radiation) makes enemies more vulnerable to damage.
The purple-blue biohazard symbol (Bio) sludges them, snaring and reducing their damage output.
The purple swirl (Void) inflicts around 450 damage and heals you for the same, when it procs.
And the yellow-green splat (Toxic)... I have no idea what it does.

Tango80
04-12-2013, 10:29 AM
As the title says. Does anyone have a half comprehensive list of the nano-effects that are able to be found on weapons? I can gather what Fire, Electricity and Toxic ( Radiation) does. I have no earthly idea what the weird little purple mark on a weapon is however. It seems to be found modifying Melee more than the weapon itself more often than not. Expanding on that, wouldn't it be nice if we were told what they did in game? Either in the on-weapon tooltip or in the help section. Whichever.

Also, do you stop earning weapon mastery experience when you "rank up" a weapon? If so, I find that assanine. I'm sure that the developers want us to experiment with all the different kinds of weapons we can find and they took the time to make, but when I want to use a Carbine that I found a long time ago, and is still stronger than most of my other rifles, I don't feel like I should be penalized for doing so. Same scenario pretty much when I do find a different weapon but the firing style is different. ( I can't bring myself to like Auto-Shotguns, Burst rifles, ect, ect. )

Almost done here, guys. I read in the patch notes that voice area chat is initially turned off now. I had never heard it in the first place, even before. I always wear my headset, because as a Long-time FPS player, it just feels more natural with it on than off when I play any kind of shooter to be honest. Is there something I'm missing that I can't turn it on yet, or is it just hidden in some menu I haven't found?

And one more small question, if it doesn't require too much explanation. What's a Shadow War and how does it differ from Co-Op/Competitive Maps?

Thanks for your time and responses.

--Serge (Arc Cero)

All of these question are answer elsewere on the forums however i can answer a few of them for you.

The purple swirl is a siphon nano. Hit something and it siphons back to you health or shields.
Blue biohazard nano is a bio effect nano similar to the bio grenades.
The green splotch nano is an acid effect.

When a weapon gets maxed experience you have to switch to another weapon of the same type if you want to get a better skill rating in that particular weapon skill.

Shadow war is 64 vs 64 or 48 vs 48 (can't remember the vs amount) pvp style objective based combat similar Battlefield's conquest mode. So if you played battlefield you know what it's about. If not it's capture and hold the objectives while eliminating the other teams tickets.

BleakPanther
04-12-2013, 11:04 AM
On the weapon xp situation I think by taking a real life look at it it'll be clearer for people.

Let's say Ole Pappy takes his grandson, Billy, out to teach him how to shoot his good ole, trusty, double barreled shotgun...

Pap's been shooting deer, hogs, and the occasional butthead with that gun for 50 years and loves that gun as much as it loves him. He can shoot the wings off a fly with that shotgun. Billy picks it up and does pretty good with it.

A few months later, Billy wants to show Pap how good he's gotten.

Well Billy brings his own gun. A brand new, still slick with oil, sportsman-styled, double barreled shotgun. Not much difference mechanically from Pap's old favorite but different. After a bit, Pap's impressed at how well Billy is shooting and curious just how much of its the gun and how much is Billy so they swap guns.

Billy eagerly grabs the old family heirloom and settles into it like an old comfortable recliner chair. Still shoots like dream. Pap on the other hand gets annoyed by the light weight and the fact that the stock doesn't fit him like it should.

What Pap doesn't realize is that though he has decades of shooting experience with his gun that real weapon proficiency comes with experiencing different guns. You still should "Fear the man with one gun" but the man that is proficient with many is still to be feared as well. In this game you can choose to be either one. You can find your favorite gun and trick it out and use it till your face turns blue or you can take a different path and use guns like they are disposable and that's fine too.

Or you can do what I do and find the type of gun you like, the mods you like, and the qualities you like in your gun type and stick to leveling with them. I like a full-auto AR with an extended mag, a damage increasing barrel, recoil absorbing stock, commando sight, and incendiary rounds. EMC service rifle fits that for the base and my mods cover the rest. After I level it up completely I "Retrieve Mods" and buy another. Every time I visit a machine in a new area, I check the level and mod slots of the stock weapons. If I see a better version of EMC Service Rifle I buy it, if I am getting close to maxing. Once I get to level twenty in AR Proficiency, then I'll whip out that Orange AR with all the mods I've been saving and finish maxing it.