PDA

View Full Version : Defiance sales numbers? Top 10 seller in all major retailers! Good news for Trion!

DanTheMan
04-12-2013, 10:23 AM
Defiance is still in the top 10 sellers on Steam, Amazon (for the PS3, 360 AND PC), Green man Gaming, and Gamefly! It is also in the top 10 best selling console games in Walmart, Best Buy, and Gamestop!

Sledgehammer commented that hundreds of thousands of Ark Hunters are currently in game, and this was a while back.

So how well is Defiance doing? Any preliminary reports? Trion how are the sales numbers looking? Are you guys happy with how your baby is doing?

Snowranger19
04-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Its the #3 top seller game globaly this week on VGchartz

ironhands
04-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Defiance is still in the top 10 sellers on Steam, Amazon (for the PS3, 360 AND PC), Green man Gaming, and Gamefly! It is also in the top 10 best selling console games in Walmart, Best Buy, and Gamestop!

Sledgehammer commented that hundreds of thousands of Ark Hunters are currently in game, and this was a while back.

So how well is Defiance doing? Any preliminary reports? Trion how are the sales numbers looking? Are you guys happy with how your baby is doing?

Sadly, this is the reason for the lag and long support ticket response times :P I'm wondering if it sold better than they were prepared for.

Shima
04-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Being a console friendly MMO could make them more popular than most other MMOs out there. Really depends on what their content is like going forward (which is anyone's guess).

EV76
04-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Nice it can only mean good things! Hope more people keep buying the game. Its a lot of fun!

Elric1
04-12-2013, 10:39 AM
A lot of people complained about gfx and gameplay and whatnot.. do they relize that this 'mmo' is running off likely less than 500 meg of ram? Seriously these guys deserve [raise if for anything how nice it is under suych restrictions. Could you imagine this game on the next gen console? Screw WoW if this thing gets any hotter (and actually gets updated to standard MMO UI designs and bug free'ness)

DanTheMan
04-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Its the #3 top seller game globaly this week on VGchartz

I just looked at that. Holy crap! Congratz Trion. So that's why it's been so damn laggy lately.

Sold almost 300 thousand copies on day one! Yeesh!

DanTheMan
04-12-2013, 10:59 AM
So Trion... Any chance we can get solid numbers from you guys?

IGears
04-12-2013, 11:01 AM

Sweet... Cheers, Trion !!

NeoDraven
04-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Being a console friendly MMO could make them more popular than most other MMOs out there. Really depends on what their content is like going forward (which is anyone's guess).

They're trying something entirely new for them, branching off to consoles their are bound to be hiccups this was the same for Bethesda when they released Morrowind for the Xbox Vanilla, if you can all recall the "Check Dirty Disc" errors and games breaking bugs back then, if they can pass this milestone I betchya we'll see them producing future games for next gen consoles.

Pyth
04-12-2013, 11:05 AM
That's good news, hopefully this game will have a long and healthy lifespan.

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 11:08 AM
honestly, the main reason I got this game was because it was a console friendly MMO. I love MMO's and I love using a controller, and yes, I know I can hook up a controller to my computer

IGears
04-12-2013, 11:21 AM
They're trying something entirely new for them, branching off to consoles their are bound to be hiccups this was the same for Bethesda when they released Morrowind for the Xbox Vanilla, if you can all recall the "Check Dirty Disc" errors and games breaking bugs back then, if they can pass this milestone I betchya we'll see them producing future games for next gen consoles.

lol Morrowind on the xbox was sweet... i love the original version not the 'game of the year' one. just to be able to pay off my fines through the thieves guild for free