PDA

View Full Version : The Eighth Race: A Steam based clan

QuickBunnie
03-09-2013, 10:04 AM
The First Race:
BETA Weekend Contest!
We're holding a beta weekend contest for our clan! Join up to take part in a friendly time trial contest in the Dodge time trial in Madera!
The fastest time wins a free digital deluxe upgrade on Steam!
See here for additional details:
Clan Beta Weekend Contest Announcement (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/eighthrace#announcements/detail/1731905814866260573)

http://i.imgur.com/OjoIRPc.jpg
Hey everyone,
A solid group of people have come together form The Eighth Race, a steam based Defiance clan. Since we all used Steam, I thought it would be great to run the clan through steam.

Our goal is to have a great group of gamers to play and maximize the whole Defiance experience, using Steam to help organize.

You don't need to buy the game through steam, just use steam regularly. If you do that, and treat people with basic respect, you're who we are looking for!

Clan Steam group site:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/eighthrace/

Post here if you are interested in joining:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/eighthrace/discussions/1/846947320667772178/

We have over 80 members and are always recruiting! We have active forums and friendly discussions - if you're looking to surround yourself with good people, this is the place to be.

Mur
03-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Hey everyone,
Me and a few friends started a clan called The Eighth Race. Since we all used Steam, I thought it would be great to run the clan through steam.

You don't need to buy the game through steam, just use steam regularly. If you do that, and aren't a ****** bag, you're who we are looking for!

Clan Steam group site:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/eighthrace/

Post here if you are interested in joining:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/eighthrace/discussions/1/846947320667772178/

I'm down friend!

QuickBunnie
03-10-2013, 08:56 AM
We have a 30 man vent server based in Chicago that we will be using for the beta weekend and when the game goes live. If you are still looking for a clan, hit us up during the next beta weekend.

Mur
03-10-2013, 10:07 AM
We have a 30 man vent server based in Chicago that we will be using for the beta weekend and when the game goes live. If you are still looking for a clan, hit us up during the next beta weekend.

Sounds good!

QuickBunnie
03-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Do you like to use Steam for communicating with your online friends? Are you looking for a clan? The Eighth Race is looking for regular Steam users to join us in the effort to have fun playing Defiance.
We are a US based clan and have our own voice chat (TeamSpeak and Ventrilo are both currently available, which one will be decided before launch).
Join us if you want to join a fantastic, active clan that is excited to play Defiance.

QuickBunnie
03-12-2013, 08:58 AM
The Eighth Race: Steam based clan, now with new banner!

QuickBunnie
03-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Just wanted to say welcome to all our new recruits! We've got 44 members so far and more joining daily. Our forums are nice and active, lots of motivated gamers, we even have some event coordinators. If you're looking for a solid, active group for Defiance (and use steam), check us out.

Halpo
03-19-2013, 06:55 AM
Up to 60 members now, Join us!!

Rubix
03-19-2013, 08:15 PM
come join us, casuals and hardcores alike!

QuickBunnie
03-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Now is the chance to join an awesome group of players and showcase your Defiance driving skills!

Announcing The First Race: Beta Weekend Contest for The Eighth Race Clan! See OP for details on the contest.

Join before the beta ends to participate in our first Defiance in-game event!

Khurt
03-21-2013, 08:09 AM
Count me in !

WarriorPoet
03-21-2013, 11:56 AM
hey I am an avid user of steam, if I play a game on PC and I can buy it on steam I do. haha atm I think I have like 35 games on steam, anyways was wondering if you guys are growing so much how is a 30 person vent server going to hold everyone? on a side note, I have been testing defiance since alpha and I really enjoy the game and the changes they have been making, I will be playing at release and am looking for a guild to call home. My play style is normally solo play, but want a guild group for running scenarios, world events, pvp, and to just goof off. I really hate pugging because you just seem to get the shallow end of the gene pool everytime.
I am 28 years old and am past my hardcore wanting to be server first mentality, I really just want to enjoy the game to the fullest and looking for a group that is the same.

QuickBunnie
03-21-2013, 01:34 PM
hey I am an avid user of steam, if I play a game on PC and I can buy it on steam I do. haha atm I think I have like 35 games on steam, anyways was wondering if you guys are growing so much how is a 30 person vent server going to hold everyone? on a side note, I have been testing defiance since alpha and I really enjoy the game and the changes they have been making, I will be playing at release and am looking for a guild to call home. My play style is normally solo play, but want a guild group for running scenarios, world events, pvp, and to just goof off. I really hate pugging because you just seem to get the shallow end of the gene pool everytime.
I am 28 years old and am past my hardcore wanting to be server first mentality, I really just want to enjoy the game to the fullest and looking for a group that is the same.

We'll upgrade the vent server the minute it seems that its not big enough - setting up a new vent server can be done very quickly. Even if our group is 80+, only a proportion of that will be online at the same time, and a proportion of those people will be on vent. We'll have a much better idea of our VOIP needs once we are in game. Rest assured, your Ventrilo needs will be met.

WarriorPoet
03-21-2013, 10:03 PM
so do you think, the rewards on steam are going to be unlocked before it releases? its in 2 weeks and not even into reward 1.

QuickBunnie
03-22-2013, 09:58 AM
so do you think, the rewards on steam are going to be unlocked before it releases? its in 2 weeks and not even into reward 1.

Unless the numbers for rewards 2 and 3 are much smaller, I think its pretty safe to say we won't be unlocking those. I do think there is a chance that reward 1 is unlocked - a really good chance if the beta weekend gives players a solid experience. But to be perfectly honest, I don't know - it jumped a lot today, but it still may not be enough.

Remember, though, even without the tier 1 rewards, the preorder bonuses are the exactly same on Steam as the other retailers (Steam vendor specific weapon is a sniper rifle).