PDA

View Full Version : Cars at arkfalls

HatTrick
04-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Can you developers please make the arkfalls shoot out random attacks that will 1 shot a vehicle please? I'm so tired of window lickers making the minor hellbug arkfalls take twice as long as normal because they drive around in circles running over the skitterlings constantly. Thanks in advance.

Dragos Drakkar
04-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Personally, I think they could do something like if a person remains in a vehicle for 30 seconds to a minute within each of the Arkfall areas (the smaller circles not the huge ones that contain multiple events), the vehicle disappears and can't be recalled within the circle. After leaving the circle, there should also be a delay so that people can't just leave the area and summon their car again to do it all over. With this, it wouldn't impact people that just happen to be moving through the area to get somewhere else, but would prevent people from just running around Arkfalls in their vehicles.

Raikon
04-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Can you developers please make the arkfalls shoot out random attacks that will 1 shot a vehicle please? I'm so tired of window lickers making the minor hellbug arkfalls take twice as long as normal because they drive around in circles running over the skitterlings constantly. Thanks in advance.

Agree with ya 100%.
I would go further and set an exclusion zone round bases in Shadow wars PvP.
Lame noobs just driving through running people at bases is making it a joke.
It is things like this that the Devs must act upon , simply because wherever you get people, there will always be a small group of braindead morons with the sole intention of making others annoyed.
Trion are awesome.
They will act on this.
Then these ***** will go back to GTA where they belong.

Draugluin
04-12-2013, 11:10 AM
I'd hate it even more if my quad was getting one-shotted while I am doing Time Trial and game just happened to put an arkfall across the racing track.

I am not being aware any of these arkfalls failed because some people are driving things over. They sure sometimes fill your screen with their vehicles, they sometimes kill your target and they are unlikely contributing towards the target, for example shattering the crystal.

Such is life and nothing is perfect.

Phrase Universe
04-12-2013, 11:11 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/36956190.jpg

Pyth
04-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Saw this for my first time yesterday. About 20 Gamestop Pre-Order Challengers driving constant circles around a Minor Hellbug Arkfall.

I just walked away.

Pain
04-12-2013, 11:15 AM
^^^^^^^^^l0l cartards

Hope499
04-12-2013, 11:17 AM
^^^^^^^^^l0l cartards

lol, its funny how many of these topics get made.

But yes, they suck at the game either having no skill, no clue or no respect. Half the time I just leave that crystal and move on to the next. No way to stop them really....they like taking 15 min at each crystal.

Radzwe
04-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Can we get a the developers to one shot repetitive threads about vehicles and arcfalls?

PseudoCool
04-12-2013, 11:25 AM
I've been watching this happen with some alarming regularity, and I'll make a few observations, so maybe those who enjoy driving into arkfalls will pay attention:

Today, we did the arkfall where you have to survive the three waves of hellbugs. We did NOT have anyone involved using a vehicle of any type, and only had 7 of us. We survived the three levels, then spawned not one, but THREE bonus levels! At each bonus level, the drops where drastically better, the xp and scrip gain was much higher, and the end reward for the arkfall where higher than normal by about 20 to 30 %. We had people healing each other, people rezzing each other, plenty of ammo drops (probably cuz of the bonuses they gave today) and overall, it was probably the BEST arkfall any of us had ever done in regards to challenge vs. rewards.

After that arkfall, we went to do a "Mother of all Hellbugs" arkfall.. and there where 2 people cruising around with their cars. One of them was a friend of mine, so we tested a theory out..

At the end of the Arkfall, he had acquired a total of 90 kills with his truck, and a total of 270 xp WITH THE BONUSES. He had no ammo drops, no scrip drops, no salvage drops, and only got 500xp and 75 scrip at the end for a completion bonus.
By comparison, I had 71 kills with my LMG/Shotgun combo, over 9K in xp, 1274 salvage, and 891 scrip (including bonuses and completion bonus). This put me at 3rd on the leader board, he was down at 39th, even though he had more kills. Why? Because hitting the hellbugs with a vehicle does NO DAMAGE on that leader board!

THis one simple test alone should suffice as proof that having vehicles in the arkfalls is a bad idea. It should be player regulated, and people should just read the forums, pay attention, and get with the program. I know there's a pursuit for kills with a roller, but guess what.. drive around for 20 minutes and you've got it finished, and there's only one that requires it.

Hope this helps and points it out for people :)

Sludge
04-12-2013, 11:32 AM
I've stopped driving my challenger around Arkfalls now that I finished the run over 50 enemies pursuit. When I see other cars i assume that's what they want and I don't care. Everyone needs to finish it.

PseudoCool
04-12-2013, 11:48 AM
I think the biggest complaints about them doing this with cars comes from the Hellbug Arkfalls...

One of them you need the skitterlings to bite the crystal to make a weak spot (which Ego tells you about 20 times during a 20 minute arkfall).. and the other one you have to kill the Matron, who you can roll all over the place if you hit her on the side with a car.. it's actually kind of funny to see it happen.. right til she kills you.

Napalm Sunrise
04-12-2013, 11:55 AM

They should just bury the hatchet and auto incap anyone with an explosive weapon equipped and attacking the crystal then. Because they kill just as many Skitterlings in Hell Bug Arkfalls or Scrapper Mongrels in Scrapper Arkfalls as well.

HatTrick
04-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Can we get a the developers to one shot repetitive threads about vehicles and arcfalls?

Sorry, some of us have jobs and what not and can't maintain a 24/7 vigil on the forum. I didn't see anything on the front page about it so I made a post. Sue me.

HatTrick
04-12-2013, 11:59 AM
I've stopped driving my challenger around Arkfalls now that I finished the run over 50 enemies pursuit. When I see other cars i assume that's what they want and I don't care. Everyone needs to finish it.

1) Nobody 'has' to do anything in this game. It's a sandbox and you can do whatever you choose to...or you can not do it if you don't want to.

2) I could kill 50 enemies in a car in about 5 minutes without leaving sight of Grant's command center at the start of the game. I wouldn't be f**king the game up for anyone else by doing it either.

SuPeR X AnGeR
04-12-2013, 12:02 PM
I've been watching this happen with some alarming regularity, and I'll make a few observations, so maybe those who enjoy driving into arkfalls will pay attention:

Today, we did the arkfall where you have to survive the three waves of hellbugs. We did NOT have anyone involved using a vehicle of any type, and only had 7 of us. We survived the three levels, then spawned not one, but THREE bonus levels! At each bonus level, the drops where drastically better, the xp and scrip gain was much higher, and the end reward for the arkfall where higher than normal by about 20 to 30 %. We had people healing each other, people rezzing each other, plenty of ammo drops (probably cuz of the bonuses they gave today) and overall, it was probably the BEST arkfall any of us had ever done in regards to challenge vs. rewards.

After that arkfall, we went to do a "Mother of all Hellbugs" arkfall.. and there where 2 people cruising around with their cars. One of them was a friend of mine, so we tested a theory out..

At the end of the Arkfall, he had acquired a total of 90 kills with his truck, and a total of 270 xp WITH THE BONUSES. He had no ammo drops, no scrip drops, no salvage drops, and only got 500xp and 75 scrip at the end for a completion bonus.
By comparison, I had 71 kills with my LMG/Shotgun combo, over 9K in xp, 1274 salvage, and 891 scrip (including bonuses and completion bonus). This put me at 3rd on the leader board, he was down at 39th, even though he had more kills. Why? Because hitting the hellbugs with a vehicle does NO DAMAGE on that leader board!

THis one simple test alone should suffice as proof that having vehicles in the arkfalls is a bad idea. It should be player regulated, and people should just read the forums, pay attention, and get with the program. I know there's a pursuit for kills with a roller, but guess what.. drive around for 20 minutes and you've got it finished, and there's only one that requires it.

Hope this helps and points it out for people :)

This is a good test, but it won't fix the problem, because the people who DO think that using a vehicle in arkfalls somehow gives them something, are most likely too brain-dead to actually know this forum exists, or how to access it in order to view this post.

Reverend Blood
04-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Wait? People have a problem with vehicles at Arkfalls?
I'm glad it only took half a million threads to realize this.

Agent I3
04-12-2013, 12:06 PM

I find it pretty fun (and funny!!!)

PseudoCool
04-12-2013, 12:07 PM
@Reverend... Half a million threads? Wow.. and here I just bumped the very first thread on this forum.. page 389.. so that's like.. 4000 threads.

A half million threads...??

What game are you playing?

Barrik
04-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Hey bud, learn to read the patch notes. There is a penalty on the way for peeps. Dmg to vehicles specifically.
So before you complain and such, read up on what's incoming.
Otherwise I agree, hate vehicles in arks so not flaming ya too much, just on the lack of investigation which is prevalent among folks who complain on these forums.

wlsmerlin
04-12-2013, 12:13 PM
To the obvious noobs.......... other person was paraphrasing "half million threads".

I agree..... vehicles at ARKFALLS = major pain in da ***! I drive up, skirt the edge, if I squash 1, GREAT..... if not, oh well..... I do a diving roll out of the car with my saw gun blazing. YES Virginia, you do get more loot without your friggin car!

BTW.... running over 50 creatures..... easy. just drive around trails. staying alive....... priceless

Reverend Blood
04-12-2013, 12:14 PM
@Reverend... Half a million threads? Wow.. and here I just bumped the very first thread on this forum.. page 389.. so that's like.. 4000 threads.

A half million threads...??

What game are you playing?

It's an exaggeration* based on the fact that a very large percentage of the threads started on this forum are related to vehicles at Arkfalls.

But since you seem like the type that would have a difficult time with words... I've included a definition.

*exaggerate (ɪɡˈzdʒəˌreɪt)

vb
1. to regard or represent as larger or greater, more important

PseudoCool
04-12-2013, 12:17 PM
@Reverend - perhaps I should give you the definition of "duh".. but trying to send you a mirror via a php message board is just a bit too complicated and time consuming for my tastes. :)

And yes.. I agree.. there are A LOT of threads since launch that involve cars at arkfalls... and they do because it's a constant problem that needs to be addressed. Just like weapons balance, modification, disappearing items, etc etc etc

HatTrick
04-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Hey bud, learn to read the patch notes. There is a penalty on the way for peeps. Dmg to vehicles specifically.
So before you complain and such, read up on what's incoming.
Otherwise I agree, hate vehicles in arks so not flaming ya too much, just on the lack of investigation which is prevalent among folks who complain on these forums.

Lol, well thanks for holding back the flames my man but I did read the entirety of the patch notes and the only reference I saw to vehicles at arkfalls was this:

Progenitor Armatures will now destroy vehicles.

So if you see something I don't, please share.

PseudoCool
04-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Yes.. because running into the Armatures with your car REALLY damages them! TROLLLOLOLOLOL

Malcolm
04-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Trion addressed the main issue with cars at arkfalls in the latest patch.

"Crashing a vehicle into a monarch will cause the vehicle to blow up.".

This is what really pissed everyone off. The circle driving thing was just annoying. The problem with killing an npc with a vehicle is that sometimes, it will simply make that npc respawn. So you never want to kill a "bloody" npc with a vehicle.

Arkfalls right now aren't as difficult as they could be, and if on the rare occasion that one gets away from you, using a vehicle to slow the spawn rate is a logical tactic. It's just hardly ever needed, and you dont really get any xp or loot for using a vehicle as a weapon either so as people figure this out, they will invest their time more wisely.

The skitterling arkfalls are a unique situation because the goal is a bit counter-intutitive. You need to protect the small ones so they can bite the crystal for you. Having someone constantly killing them is frustrating for sure, but it's an understandable mistake. The updates to the chat system and the chat UI should help players communicate more effectively during battles which means that you might actually be able to get someone to stop ruining the arkfall.

I don't want Trion to nerf vehicles too much because I think they are one of the many great things about the game. Driving over NPCs is fun... really fun, and the cat and mouse traps at the roadblocks were also a fun surprise for the unsuspecting driver looking to mow down a few scrappers.

Areiela Hunter
04-12-2013, 08:59 PM
lol, its funny how many of these topics get made.

But yes, they suck at the game either having no skill, no clue or no respect.

Can someone *civilly* explain what the actual problem with people using cars at arkfalls is? I see the cars zipping around smashing mobs and it seems they're having a heck of a lot of fun. Since cars have a damage bonus, and that bonus can be leveled up, I assumed this was an intended use for them. What exactly is the issue with cars at arkfalls?

To be clear, before some rageclown starts barking at me, I'm not saying they should be there or shouldn't be there. I am asking why people feel they shouldn't or why it's bad for them to be there.

Scorpio989
04-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Arkfalls are possibly the worst exp gain / item gain in the game. Using a car nullifies that.

chrismeyer34
04-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Can someone *civilly* explain what the actual problem with people using cars at arkfalls is? I see the cars zipping around smashing mobs and it seems they're having a heck of a lot of fun. Since cars have a damage bonus, and that bonus can be leveled up, I assumed this was an intended use for them. What exactly is the issue with cars at arkfalls?

To be clear, before some rageclown starts barking at me, I'm not saying they should be there or shouldn't be there. I am asking why people feel they shouldn't or why it's bad for them to be there.

well the damage bonus is for when youre driving around the map and get ambushed at roadblocks and stuff, not for arkfalls...2. the reason people have issues with cartards at arkfalls is 1. they clutter your view and all, 2. they kill the skitterlings which are required to " bite " the crystal and open up " weak spots " so you can do more damage to the crystal, and 3. its just plain annoying when trying to get crits on a monarch and the moron with the car is pushing the monarch all over the bloody place, hope ive answered your question friend...and the reason it looks like fun for those guys is cuz they know it annoys the hell out of other players and so they do it intentionally that = not cool lol

mobster
05-09-2013, 03:53 AM
they are not there to get points. they suck to much for that. they are simply there to piss off as many people as they possibly can.

McWaffle
05-09-2013, 04:18 AM
i found peopleare more accepting of my bug genocider of a buggy if i tap my horn on and off the whole time. also adds a sort. of skill challenge

Yogizilla
05-09-2013, 04:57 PM
LOL.. Yeah, the cars are fine in wave-based arkfalls but I think these fools are just trolling. You can't be that obvlivious when your EGO keeps telling you the skitterlings are weakening the crystal. Seriously.. LMAO @ "window lickers"

BrassRazoo
05-09-2013, 05:01 PM
They could at least start with the mission trucks or whatever those giant things are.
There seems to be one or two people that are on the same time as me that must have one of these missions still open, perhaps from the second play through.
They are too big and really do hamper your vision. They also seem to lag up the area a bit especially when you are run over or shooting through them.
I think you should fail the mission if you deviate from the mission path or something.

Yogizilla
05-09-2013, 05:02 PM

Cars are fine unless skitterlings are attacking the crystals. In that case, cars and detonators should be put away because they slow down progress. Also, you get less credit for damage if all you do is ride around in your car the whole time so it is a waste of time for everyone.

I am sure most are doing this unknowingly but for the trolls that think its fun to drive in circles and honk your horn the whole time, stop it. Its not cute. And no I am not mad, bro.. Just sad that people do not have better ways to spend their time. =oP