PDA

View Full Version : just lost my orange assault rifle......thanks trion!!!!

derby0187
04-12-2013, 11:13 AM
I just lost my orange assault rifle that I worked so hard to get. I came back online after I got cut from the game and found that my orange assault rifle is gone. i was modding it and adding slots to it.

after talking to a friend i found out that if you are in the middle of a mod and get cut from the server in process you will lose you weapon. i am sorry trion but this is unacceptable. if would have know that before i would have never done it and i would still have my rifle.

WARNING TO ALL: if you are modding something and to get cut from the server you will lose it

please trion fix this: orange weapon are few and hard to come by. i am not asking for my weapon back. just try and fix this so this doesn't happen to me or anyone else

Facade
04-12-2013, 11:16 AM
It's not only cut by the server FYI.

If you are in the process of modding something do not do anything that involves a loading screen( fast travel/Join pvp match/co-op match/etc) Anything involving a loading screen runs the risk of losing whatever is in the Salvage matrix.

Pain
04-12-2013, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I lost one yesterday while modding and waiting for co-op.

Luckily it was just one of the cheap infinite VOT Blast Rifles that cost 1k scrip from a vender. :p

nosworc
04-12-2013, 11:21 AM
I just lost my orange assault rifle that I worked so hard to get.

Not taking away from your point because i would be well p*ssed off if that happened to me but i had a little chuckle at that, nobody works hard for a legendary, it's luck if you happen to come across one.

Evilution
04-12-2013, 11:22 AM
I'm not modding my oranges until this is fixed, Thanks for the heads up and commiserations on losing yours.

Night_Watch
04-12-2013, 11:24 AM
It's not only cut by the server FYI.

If you are in the process of modding something do not do anything that involves a loading screen( fast travel/Join pvp match/co-op match/etc) Anything involving a loading screen runs the risk of losing whatever is in the Salvage matrix.

I highly recommend that you take a 10 minute break (coffee-Tea-Mountain Dew etc) and DO NOTHING for 10 minutes.

I also lost a cheap weapon I was using to figure out how to mod and started a Co-op -- opps

Vyper82
04-12-2013, 11:25 AM
Happened to me but I just got straight back into finding another one, no moaning, no fuss. You got one once before you can get one again, simples.

derby0187
04-12-2013, 11:27 AM
i got cut from the server..i guess they was having a maintence.....and yes i did work hard for it i doing a lot of farming for key codes just to get the lock boxes instead of just paying realy cash for them

Gixxer
04-12-2013, 11:34 AM
I know that pain all too well derby. Lost my first and only orange in the matrix after getting disconnected as well. Was adding the 4th and final mod slot to it too. Almost lost my motivation to keep playing...

Dikard von Doom
04-12-2013, 11:41 AM
I lost 3 green and 1 blue mod removing them from an old LMG when I was randomly disconnented yesterday. The blue mod was a Stabilization Sight (+acc and movement acc) and the greens were +40% mag, +10% crit barrel and 10% recoil/bloom stock. They were going into a new purple LMG. None of the other bugs piss me off. This one FRAKKIN' BLOWS... Worst bug in the game so far.

derby0187
04-12-2013, 11:47 AM
I lost 3 green and 1 blue mod removing them from an old LMG when I was randomly disconnented yesterday. The blue mod was a Stabilization Sight (+acc and movement acc) and the greens were +40% mag, +10% crit barrel and 10% recoil/bloom stock. They were going into a new purple LMG. None of the other bugs piss me off. This one FRAKKIN' BLOWS... Worst bug in the game so far.

that's mainly my point also, i can live with all the other bugs too but this takes the cake. you have to farm for a lot of key codes just "for a chance" to get a orange weapon. bad thing is i realy like using the assault rifles

FNL4EVA23
04-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Not taking away from your point because i would be well p*ssed off if that happened to me but i had a little chuckle at that, nobody works hard for a legendary, it's luck if you happen to come across one.

ummmm spending so many days or weeks to farm for a leg is not hard work? I did all missions long ago so only got one goal in my mind find leg. You have to see each side the content is not much compared to other mmo's so people work hard for rare stuff.

NeoDraven
04-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Contact Customer Service, I had the same issue be sure to give them accurate info on the item that went missing and they'll fix your account.

Viksen
04-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Hi everyone,

We currently have a dev post in response to the discussions about this topic. You'll find the dev's response here:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?30415-Missing-a-Weapon

We're going to close this thread and ask that people with this issue take the action recommended in the above thread.

As a friendly reminder, we do recommend using the forum search function (searching in thread titles works best) and checking through the last couple pages to see if there is already an existing thread about a topic you'd like to discuss. When topic discussions are consolidated, it not only makes it easier to use the search function, but it also aids the Community and Development Teams when reading the forums and gathering feedback from your posts, ideas, and concerns.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!