PDA

View Full Version : Announcing Not Playing Anymore...

Draaconis
04-12-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm just curious as to who these people are that keep announcing that they are not playing a game anymore in forums. Are they part of some coalition? They are obviously people of some importance to assume anyone gives a sh*t that they are not playing a game anymore. Thoughts?

II Birchy II
04-12-2013, 11:28 AM
They're just looking for the attention

Jammylambo
04-12-2013, 11:29 AM
oh boy am i glad i read your post first before replying , i was just about to get my keboard warrior gear out the wardrobe and roll up its sleeves for added rage.

Radzwe
04-12-2013, 11:29 AM
I am canceling my preorder.

DarkMenace
04-12-2013, 11:33 AM
I'm just curious as to who these people are that keep announcing that they are not playing a game anymore in forums. Are they part of some coalition? They are obviously people of some importance to assume anyone gives a sh*t that they are not playing a game anymore. Thoughts?

totally agree, if you want to stop playing then do it. dont come on here with a kind of cry for help message so people will tell you that everything is going to be ok after the patch. the game has just been released it needs time quiters this early in obviously wouldnt last the grind to 5000 even if the game was bug/glitch free

Draaconis
04-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Well you get on that then.

Jammylambo
04-12-2013, 11:37 AM

i hope that was just a really bad joke :P

RollingThunder
04-12-2013, 11:37 AM
The people announcing they don't want to play anymore, have probably never played an MMO before. Yes, this is a TPS first, MMO second, but as an MMO, there are ALWAYS problems in the first few weeks/month after launch. It's just the way it works. I have yet to play an MMO that is flawless in the launch. Also, if you look at the evolution of some MMO's, like WoW, the game is practically a completely different game than at Vanilla WoW.

This is a great game, with a dope *** storyline and environment to dive deep into. The problem is patience, and many many people, especially XBL players, lack it.

Just give it some time people.

Grit
04-12-2013, 11:42 AM
part of me wants to make a topic exclaiming that i won't be playing from 12AM-6PM daily due to work...or that i won't be playing because i'm going outside to golf...yes yes....

Nightside2885
04-12-2013, 12:23 PM
I just reply to the quitters, "Can i have your stuff? and Goodbye"

Barrik
04-12-2013, 12:26 PM

lol, here is a fine example of someone who thinks people care that their quitting.

IStackDaddyI
Perhaps the devs can entice them to stay with a special download for a wah-bulance.

Barrik
The people announcing they don't want to play anymore, have probably never played an MMO before. Yes, this is a TPS first, MMO second, but as an MMO, there are ALWAYS problems in the first few weeks/month after launch. It's just the way it works. I have yet to play an MMO that is flawless in the launch. Also, if you look at the evolution of some MMO's, like WoW, the game is practically a completely different game than at Vanilla WoW.

This is a great game, with a dope *** storyline and environment to dive deep into. The problem is patience, and many many people, especially XBL players, lack it.

++10 :) Love this game

Elastik Spastik
04-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Dont know about you lot but since having this game the sunlight burns my eyes. When i go outside i think "UP" and expect a quad bike to appear. Im scared of going out incase a hellbug swallows me please help!!!!!

Dezzy
04-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Because somewhere in these peoples minds they think we truly care. And I'd rather chew glass over having to hear this every damn day.

basis
04-12-2013, 01:55 PM
The amount of irony in this thread is hurting my rib cage. I mean really, post about how people don't care, yet here is a thread dedicated to it. lol

Mattwi
04-12-2013, 02:10 PM
I just reply to the quitters, "Can i have your stuff? and Goodbye"

Thats exactly what i was going to say. The only reason people would care if someone is quitting is if they would be giving away all their resources and loot.

iCanHazHeadSh0t
04-12-2013, 02:39 PM
It's not like Trion cares if they quit, they already have their money.

Russ
04-12-2013, 03:29 PM

Why assume that everyone who has something to say about this has never played an mmo before? Why throw it at Xbox players that their all immature?

Personally, I've played loads of MMO's, from launch, and later, and own all 3 platforms, its just that my PC is a bit, well, crap these days plus the fact im not really big on PC shooting anyway.... and I have plenty negative to say about this.

Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean you're justified in such sweeping generalizations. For example, would it be right for me to say "Anyone who likes this game is just a brown nosing fanboi"? No, it wouldn't, due to the fact that in the majority of cases, that's just plain not true. I am struggling to figure out why the hell anyone actually LIKES Defiance, with it being the way it is at the moment, but I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush, neither should you.

Oh, and by the way, for those who claim no one cares....Trion will when they no longer have enough players to bother running the server, and at the moment, it seems that's gonna happen sooner rather than later.

ItISLupus
04-12-2013, 03:33 PM
People aren't playing anymore?

PREORDER CANCELLED

Vault Dweller
04-12-2013, 03:44 PM
[Insert Generic Moronic Reason] preorder cancelled...

JammyThumbs
04-12-2013, 06:21 PM
The game is amazing. So much value for money, I have bought some games only to have finished them a few days later. First time I have ever bought a season pass. Its about time a game came along with a big open world that will be used to the fullest.

NeoDraven
04-12-2013, 09:12 PM

They probably have its called Post Burning Crusade WoW Players and Diablo 3 players.

rralpheboy
04-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Maybe they should trade in thier copy of defiance for a slower paced Viva Piņata.

Vhailas
04-12-2013, 09:39 PM
They probably have its called Post Burning Crusade WoW Players and Diablo 3 players.

BC wasn't that bad. Random LFG is what really killed it, for me anyway.

Darkfyre
04-12-2013, 10:07 PM

Yes. The coalition of people expressing their dislike for a product they are not satisfied with. Maybe you want to hire some lawyers so you can sue them.

SynchroMystik
04-13-2013, 12:17 AM
oh boy am i glad i read your post first before replying , i was just about to get my keboard warrior gear out the wardrobe and roll up its sleeves for added rage.

hahaha me too :ashamed:

Taaltos
04-13-2013, 12:17 AM
AND it's against the Code of Conduct.

Can I be a Moderator? xD

HG_72
04-13-2013, 01:00 AM

I am curious to why the hell you would create a Epic Fail of thread ? oh wait you must know hey genius

D0UBLED0G
04-13-2013, 01:39 AM
RollingThunder do you say that as a PS3 player

Dolnor
04-13-2013, 01:58 AM
Also consider that they may be Meta-gaming the forums?

Spreading messages of woe & rants also can help sway peoples' opinions... maybe into quitting and playing the game that the poster wants them to play? "I hate this game, who agrees with me?" "I do...this game sucks" >private forum mail< Hey, you hate this game too? I've been playing "....." and it rocks! Try it out and use me as a referral..." "I'll try it out, thanks!"

I've been a "victim" of this exact thing on another forum where I agreed with every "this game sux!" thread/post. I received 10 private forum messages inviting me to try another game!

With this many MMO/RPG/FPS/ETC. games for sale, many marketing departments will try all angles to get more customers!

TQQldes™