PDA

View Full Version : Can I Switch Platforms?

Massacring_Wolf
04-12-2013, 11:55 AM
So none of my Xbox friends wanted the game at first so i bought it on the computer, Now some of them want to play but they dont have a good enough computer to play Defiance. I was wondering if it is possible to play on my computer account on an xbox server, like if i buy the xbox version of the game can i use this same account im using on my computer? Its not that i dont want to lose my character but i dont want to lose my Pre-Order Bonus and im kinda sad that i wouldnt be able to finish the Episode 1 missions before they are gone for good.

Jestunhi
04-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Do, different server clusters for different platforms and no way to transfer.

Phrase Universe
04-12-2013, 12:44 PM
On the consoles, there is a "link console" function to your online account. Maybe there's an option for that on PC.

Massacring_Wolf
04-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Maybe, Ill try looking into that. I use the same e-mail for my XBL account and the account i made on Trion so i dont see why they couldnt be connected.

GT3000
04-12-2013, 01:05 PM
There's no way to play a computer character on the Xbox or Playstation.

They're separate keys for essentially separate games.

The preorder bonuses don't even carry over.

You have to buy a whole new copy. Perhaps Trion will refund your purchase. Ask support.

Defy
04-12-2013, 01:24 PM
On the consoles, there is a "link console" function to your online account. Maybe there's an option for that on PC.

I think that wont work for PC

FatSpiderman
04-13-2013, 11:39 PM
Has anyone actually attempted this yet or are your answers simple speculation? I would also like to know before I continue the building my character and have to restart.

Taaltos
04-13-2013, 11:41 PM
No you can't.

It's not speculation.

You bought it for your platform. That's what you have to play it on.

Point in case, when they do region unlocking on the XBox, if you want to change regions, you'll have to make a completely new character.

PS3, XBox and PC don't play together. There's no platform switching.

FatSpiderman
04-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Mmm okay. Good to know before I bought the game twice just to have 2 characters. I hope they add a transferable feature in the future.