PDA

View Full Version : EPIC Defiance guide on Steam under the Guides section. If you have a question - look.

MarkyMark
04-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Been playing for three days now and didn't know what the hell I was doing because the tutorial is absolutely terrible.

While the server was down today (AGAIN!!!!), I went to check out all the flame wars on the Steam forums. Checked the Guides section and found a friggin awesome guide.

For anyone that has ANY question about Defiance, including how to run Contracts, where the secret vendors are, or even why their car isn't moving - you owe it to yourself to check out Lexinators Defiance Guide (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=136738681#).

I am not in any way affiliated with the author, but seeing as how I had such a ***** of a time starting out; well I thought I would be helpful to all the noobz.

DefiantOne
04-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Although I am not a big fan of steam, especially after how they sold us Defiance + a discounted season pass for close to a hundred bucks, I did like this guide and found it very helpful.

Btw if you didn't buy defiance yet, you can get the game and season pass for sixty from gmg with a code. Dang I feel ripped off.

Stintz
04-12-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm not sure if it's good or bad for me to have considered 90% of the stuff in that guide to be common sense.

NoWai
04-12-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm not sure if it's good or bad for me to have considered 90% of the stuff in that guide to be common sense.

Guess I don't know much about these types of games because I found that guide extremely useful. Bookmarked and favorited.

KodiakX
04-12-2013, 06:47 PM
The Scope Guide and Data Recorder guides are pure gold as well.

NoWai
04-12-2013, 06:54 PM

I like the scope guide, but Lexinator's guide has a link to a much better data recorder guide. Its in the spoilers section, along with the link to the awesome contract guide.

GoogleThis
04-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Good stuff. Thanks for the link. I like that the guy actually takes time to answer questions.

GoogleThis
04-12-2013, 08:04 PM

Thanks for the tip. The scope guide is good too!

NoWai
04-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Hmm. I made a new account with Steam and found out that I can't post to even say thank you. Lol they want me to buy some game from them first. What a terrible system. Guess I will end up using my real Steam account to say thanks.

Wonder if I can somehow stop my name and such from showing up on there. Ugh. I don't like Steam.

Defy
04-12-2013, 10:40 PM
that is a pretty good guide, thanks for sharing

Defy
04-13-2013, 12:16 AM
Hmm. I made a new account with Steam and found out that I can't post to even say thank you. Lol they want me to buy some game from them first. What a terrible system. Guess I will end up using my real Steam account to say thanks.

Wonder if I can somehow stop my name and such from showing up on there. Ugh. I don't like Steam.

cant you just edit your profile? (under "view profile")

NoWai
04-13-2013, 12:55 AM
cant you just edit your profile? (under "view profile")

Thanks for the tip!

I don't really use Steam all that much, so I wasn't aware that was even possible.

Balty Salls
04-13-2013, 02:59 AM
I would just like a good explanation of the stats associated with guns and shields, haha. And the reason why your car wont drive sometimes when you get in is because you got in on the passenger side.

Strict
04-13-2013, 02:59 AM
Why don't you want to use your own name tho? Ashamed of buying Defiance?

Defy
04-13-2013, 03:08 AM
Why don't you want to use your own name tho? Ashamed of buying Defiance?

well in general its not a good idea to use your real name in forums and communities and such, if you value your privacy

NoWai
04-13-2013, 07:56 AM
well in general its not a good idea to use your real name in forums and communities and such, if you value your privacy

Exactly. I actually really like Defiance, but I'm paranoid about security.

DanaHalley
04-13-2013, 05:06 PM
I would just like a good explanation of the stats associated with guns and shields, haha. And the reason why your car wont drive sometimes when you get in is because you got in on the passenger side.

That's in there. I finally learned what the hell Bloom was.

MikeK
04-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Thanks for sharing. Lots of good info.

Captain Rimjaw
04-14-2013, 01:23 AM
Q: Why isn't my vehicle moving?
A: You got in on the passenger side. Exit and enter the driver's side.

Oh, I see. Thought my vehicle was bugged. Glad I took the time to read this guide.

DefiantFew
04-14-2013, 09:15 AM
I don't usually post on forums because I think its a waste of time, but after spending an hour using the search function and looking for "guide" I finally found this.

Can we get it stickied or something, because there is a lot of good info here!

DefiantFew
04-14-2013, 10:29 AM
I finished reading the whole guide. Whoops. Guess vehicles in Arkfalls are bad. I thought they were a good way to get on top of the leaderboard.

Misfit501
04-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Very helpful guide thanks!

DefiantFew
04-14-2013, 12:48 PM
That's in there. I finally learned what the hell Bloom was.

I sure wish the games tutorial explained these things instead of us having to hunt down guides.

OverTooSoon
04-14-2013, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the link. Very good guide.

Xboxer
04-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Giving this a very well deserved bump. It's not just for PC's either. I play on the 360 and found it extremely useful.

BigFatNerd
04-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Google brought me here. Thanks for sharing. This is the best Defiance guide I read so far.

Rhapsody
04-15-2013, 02:14 PM

Check in the Steam Settings... you can set a 'display name'.

IGN
04-17-2013, 08:23 AM
Google brought me here. Thanks for sharing. This is the best Defiance guide I read so far.

+1. Why isn't this stickied in the PC forum? Its lost on page 2 of google search after useless guides that ask you to pay for them. Bleugh.

IGN
04-17-2013, 09:05 AM
Giving this a very well deserved bump. It's not just for PC's either. I play on the 360 and found it extremely useful.

Go sign the petition to allow PC gamers to play with console gamers. it's on the forum here somewhere but I can't find it. Things fall off the front page too quickly here.