PDA

View Full Version : Arkfall Zero Damage Bug

elquietone
04-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Has anyone been in a complete Arkfall, hit a crap load of shots on the crystal and monsters and then get a record score of 0 damage? It started happening to me today, as I was partied with random's (something I dont normally do). We did about 3 Arkfalls, and each iteration netted me a score of 0, despite arriving first on the scene in a few.

I'm gonna test it again later on my own, I just have this odd concern, that people may have started using USB hack tools to screw up accounts like they do in CoD, and Red Dead, leaving people with a reset or not able to gain anything from playing. Atm I don't really care, still gives you the exp, but later if it still occurs I'm gonna be annoyed at never being able to place in a rank # again, if the game keeps saying I hit 0 damage. It not a game breaker, just something to be warned about if people have started using leaderboard hack tools. :I And all it takes is a party invite to infect you.

Angryfool
04-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Yes it was happening to me 90% of the time for the last few days although last night I was getting points again. Not sure what the cause is but I am sure it will get worked out. And since I dont think it has any effect on your reward you should be ok.

Arc Cero
04-12-2013, 02:47 PM
This particular bug hasn't happened to me yet. But there were a few times where I scored at least a million damage, yet didn't show up on the ranking board at all. The game definitely kept track of my points, but it just didn't wanna register me. I dunno why. Maybe just a simple visual glitch on my end but it was still disappointing.

Brock 5amson
04-12-2013, 02:49 PM
If you have cluster grenade equiped, or fragcharge grenade etc they somehow bug the damage done in arkfalls/coop. The moment you switch your nade to something like flash or molotov it fixes that issue.

Wynce
04-12-2013, 02:50 PM
If you have cluster grenade equiped, or fragcharge grenade etc they somehow bug the damage done in arkfalls/coop. The moment you switch your nade to something like flash or molotov it fixes that issue.

I use fragcharge exclusively and my damage always shows.

Brock 5amson
04-12-2013, 02:53 PM
I use fragcharge exclusively and my damage always shows.

Well when i had fragcharge on it wouldn't show. Once I removed it to something else it started working again.
I would also suggest checking every loadout to make sure a cluster isnt equipped.

WolvesThirteen
04-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I was hitting very low damage during an arkfall.

elquietone
04-12-2013, 02:54 PM

Heh, oddly enough today I started using a cluster grenade hadn't seen them since the alpha lol, thought they were removed. Good to know though, I'll switch back to frag maybe so I at least get damage, though I'm assuming the game still counts you as hitting damage, but then displays as 0.

Thanks for the heads up lol.

Brock 5amson
04-12-2013, 02:58 PM
I only brought it up because there was a 4 page thread about this a few days back, and someone mentioned the aoe grenades causing the bug. Several people said taking the cluster/fragcharge off to something else worked for them. I had the same issue and switched to flash and it worked too.

Angryfool
04-12-2013, 03:06 PM
That actually makes sense since I have been using cluster and changed it last night back to frag and thats when I noticed the damage registering again.... just did not realize the correlation until you said this.

JammyThumbs
04-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Same here, first time I had the 0 glitch was shortly after I equipped clusters. Thanks for the tip

CharmCitysKing
04-12-2013, 04:17 PM
My firend had 80 some kills and 0 Dmg lmfao

Vault Dweller
04-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Ive never been able to get anything but 0!! I was able to get the last hit on both the progenitor and the hellion considering i supposedly did no damage =3 lol

Yars Revenge
04-14-2013, 11:39 AM
+1 on a big thanks for the heads up. Those grenades seem great, but not if it takes out my arkfall damage.