PDA

View Full Version : I Love This Game

tyguild
04-12-2013, 02:50 PM
So many threads bashing/posting negative reviews. It's about time there's one for people who really enjoy this game!

Sure there's a few bugs but hell the games a week old!

I'm super excited for the new episode missions and love that they're letting us replay campaign missions with the upcoming patch!

Post your favorite features here!

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 02:52 PM
So many threads bashing/posting negative reviews. It's about time there's one for people who really enjoy this game!

I'm super excited for the new episode missions and love that they're letting us replay campaign missions with the upcoming patch!

Replay campaign missions! Awesome!

I really love the entire environment and feel of the game. I am diving headfirst into all the intel this game provides. I think the lore is pretty well thought out, and I cant wait to see how the world evolves

-subscribed

theManinBlack
04-12-2013, 03:08 PM
I'm having a blast. Really excited with all of the updates bug fixes and additional content. I especially appreciate all of the communication trion has put out on there progress. Hope everyone else is getting equal or more enjoyment out of this.

jonwes
04-12-2013, 03:22 PM
I'm having a blast too. I can't really say I have much to complain about, really. There have been other positive threads but they get swallowed up by repetitive posts about the same issues and let's face it... those of us who are having a good time are probably not spending a ton of time on here. We'd rather be playing.

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 03:24 PM
I'm having a blast too. I can't really say I have much to complain about, really. There have been other positive threads but they get swallowed up by repetitive posts about the same issues and let's face it... those of us who are having a good time are probably not spending a ton of time on here. We'd rather be playing.

Very true, but I love the game so much that I am logged in to the game with my laptop open so I can play and use the forums at the same time lol

Rhorge
04-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Very true, but I love the game so much that I am logged in to the game with my laptop open so I can play and use the forums at the same time lol

I just use the Steam overlay. It doesn't bug the game like alt+tabbing.

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 03:27 PM
I just use the Steam overlay. It doesn't bug the game like alt+tabbing.

I should probably clarify lol

I'm a PS3 user, so I play on my TV and browse forums on my laptop

Frostlight
04-12-2013, 03:28 PM

Heh, same here. This is the first game/MMO in a very long time, over a decade really, where I don't want to log out.

wilks
04-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Me too. They really did something good here. And it has real potential to be even more awesome when some early bugs get ironed out.

I cant wait to see how the show ties in too. This game/show idea really is a good one, and i believe they are making history here.

Rhorge
04-12-2013, 03:30 PM
I should probably clarify lol

I'm a PS3 user, so I play on my TV and browse forums on my laptop

Oh, lol. I guess I just tend to make assumptions since MMOs are so PC exclusive.

AGuyWithNoName
04-12-2013, 03:58 PM
A few of the many reasons I love this game:

Was down near the Last Chance roaming around on foot. It was night and I remember as I crested a hill, a glint caught my eye from off the shore. I didn't see anything immediately so I stayed and waited, thinking maybe something was coming. I watched as a gentle pink slowly started glowing in a central point on the surface of the water. Over time it slowly crept up towards the shoreline, growing in width and changing colors from a gentle pink to a hot pink with orange and purple tones throughout. The glint went from a minor spot to causing glare circles on my screen and before long a glowing orb slumbered up from the horizon to cascade light through out the land. I had just watched my first Defiance sunrise.
I grew up near the beach (east coast) and the only thing that can match a sunrise over the horizon is settling in to watch a full moon rise over the horizon. As someone who sees these events (in real life) as soup for the soul, I must say they got this simple thing right.

The fact that other than the Wednesday after release and this past Tuesday where I gamed with a life long bud of mine, I've soloed every time I've logged in and yet...I've never been alone in the things I've done in this game and managed to approach a 650 ego rating.

I love doughnuts. Dunkin makes some mean ones but I'll always stop at Krispy Kreme when the Hot sign is on. But seriously, I've wasted a ton of time just doing doughnuts on my atv.

Active Devs that care (I haven't seen anything yet to make me think otherwise). In that same breath, probably one of the better gaming communities I've been a part of. You get the usual aggravation but hey, we're gamers...we can be fickle like that. But for the most part I've seen nothing but positivity from the community (that's a compliment to ALL of you).

"Shadowing" someone from a hill top with my sniper rifle as they move from point to point clearing out instances never gets old.

Those are just a few of a long list I could make.

Defy
04-12-2013, 04:03 PM
glad to hear you like it :)

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Oh, lol. I guess I just tend to make assumptions since MMOs are so PC exclusive.

me too, I play tons of MMOs but I am so happy they finally made an MMO for consoles

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 04:08 PM
A few of the many reasons I love this game:

Was down near the Last Chance roaming around on foot. It was night and I remember as I crested a hill, a glint caught my eye from off the shore. I didn't see anything immediately so I stayed and waited, thinking maybe something was coming. I watched as a gentle pink slowly started glowing in a central point on the surface of the water. Over time it slowly crept up towards the shoreline, growing in width and changing colors from a gentle pink to a hot pink with orange and purple tones throughout. The glint went from a minor spot to causing glare circles on my screen and before long a glowing orb slumbered up from the horizon to cascade light through out the land. I had just watched my first Defiance sunrise.
I grew up near the beach (east coast) and the only thing that can match a sunrise over the horizon is settling in to watch a full moon rise over the horizon. As someone who sees these events (in real life) as soup for the soul, I must say they got this simple thing right.

The fact that other than the Wednesday after release and this past Tuesday where I gamed with a life long bud of mine, I've soloed every time I've logged in and yet...I've never been alone in the things I've done in this game and managed to approach a 650 ego rating.

I love doughnuts. Dunkin makes some mean ones but I'll always stop at Krispy Kreme when the Hot sign is on. But seriously, I've wasted a ton of time just doing doughnuts on my atv.

Active Devs that care (I haven't seen anything yet to make me think otherwise). In that same breath, probably one of the better gaming communities I've been a part of. You get the usual aggravation but hey, we're gamers...we can be fickle like that. But for the most part I've seen nothing but positivity from the community (that's a compliment to ALL of you).

"Shadowing" someone from a hill top with my sniper rifle as they move from point to point clearing out instances never gets old.

Those are just a few of a long list I could make.

the sunset sounds pretty cool. I might stand on a cliff and see if I can see this lol

6Strummer
04-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Glad to see a positive thread. They are few and far between. I'm loving the game too. I was doing rampages/hotshots/time trials earlier, with arkfalls, helping random players, and dealing with random events in between. Had a blast, made some sweet scrip, and got a new weapon or two. Good times.

Foxhop
04-12-2013, 04:22 PM
I am in love with this game. o_o
I just point out all the flaws because I care and hope they will get some attention and fixes. :p

jonwes
04-12-2013, 04:26 PM
I've played quite a bit in the last 8 days. Maybe 25-30 hours or so (does is show you total time played somewhere?). Which is how much I usually spend in 3 weeks playing a game. :) Haven't made it too far on the main missions, but I've been having a ton of fun with the side missions and PvP. The latter in particular has been a fun, if a challenge. Definitely looking forward to seeing what 4/15 has in store.

wrappy
04-12-2013, 04:28 PM
me too, I'm addicted, I haven't had a good night sleep since it came out. :P but they do need to fix the bugs in this game.

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 04:29 PM
me too, I'm addicted, I haven't had a good night sleep since it came out. :P but they do need to fix the bugs in this game.

+1........

6Strummer
04-12-2013, 04:45 PM

They at least give the impression that they care and are working hard to get things fixed. Only time will tell if that's true, but I'm willing to give them a decent amount of time.

theManinBlack
04-12-2013, 08:34 PM
I'm on ps3 too. Very minor issues for me personally. I'm not normally a pvp person but shadow wars and the other competitive maps have drawn me in. I went from 288 to 305 in my third shadow war and was really excited when I finally noticed. That being said I hope they keep the major focus on pve based random events, show tie-ins, content etc. That's where my heart really is.

For Sparta
04-12-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm in love with the game so much. Playing it everyday since release just fits in perfectly. The bugs and flaws really don't ruin the game play. Knowing Trion, and how they released content with RIFT; I have all the confidence in the world for a polished game!

Schwa
04-12-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm in love with the game so much. Playing it everyday since release just fits in perfectly. The bugs and flaws really don't ruin the game play. Knowing Trion, and how they released content with RIFT; I have all the confidence in the world for a polished game!

I like the game for now (1400 ego) but my experience with Rift is working against Trion: I know they could have done better at release. I legitimately came to expect more from them on launch day.

I also find it exceedingly unlikely they'll be able to keep up with Rift's content update speed without the subscription, but I'd love them to prove me wrong. The upcoming updates, though, do not excuse the disappointing (in comparison to Rift) launch.

The TV series does not excuse the lack of content and polish at launch. If the two properties (game and show) are to be capable of standing on their own without the other, which Trion has claimed, then they haven't succeeded in that with the game.

jonwes
04-12-2013, 09:10 PM
It's weird, but the bugs I've experienced aren't anything that I didn't have when I played WoW for the first time, and that was 3-4 years after it first launched. But they've been mostly of the variety I expect from any MMO. But my standards might just be low. Thank god, too, as I'm just able to have fun with it. LOL.

Kogru
04-12-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm playing this with a few friends and its a blast. DEFI is kind of like a post apoc SR3. I also think it's the best playing mmo shooter, trion have done some pretty good technical stuff with this game.

Yokai
04-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Me too. And considering how busy the forums here are with traffic that isn't QQ rage at all, Im guessing there are a lot more of us than the QQ ragers.

Lolwut
04-12-2013, 09:36 PM
I'm having a blast! I'm only 120 something ego, because I've been working a lot so i've not had much time to play. But the time I have spent playing I've really enjoyed. I love the fact the people can drop into your mission and assist. Makes the game more fun imo.

Darkfyre
04-12-2013, 09:38 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAt6-20dI5M2ohzmeihulMFeR3v5ac-4Pjmg7N_dOrmKFVTXzi

fixed /10 chars

Frostlight
04-12-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm playing this with a few friends and its a blast. DEFI is kind of like a post apoc SR3. I also think it's the best playing mmo shooter, trion have done some pretty good technical stuff with this game.

Holy crap, I thought the same thing. Sci-fi post apoc SR3 makes me happy. I'm EGO 1020 and I still have most of SF to do, but I'm too busy just driving around and doing random missions or participating in general shenanigans and tomfoolery to finish the main story...

I also just recently discovered the KTAM radio stream so been using them to simulate the radio in my Dodge. Cruising along the coastline with AC/DC or whatever they're streaming at the time makes it just that much more awesome.

EchoOne
04-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Yes, really enjoying the game since launch.

-Core gameplay (shooting, driving) is fun and simple. I believe that`s worth much more than having 100 complex features which are not fun.
-Somehow Defiance is charming, it has a "soul". That`s something missing on many other games these days.
-Graphics/design. Seriously, I like the graphics a lot. Of course, technically it isn`t top notch (and can`t be given the genre), but I rate design and general mood over that. I just like exploring this world.
-Perfect controller support on PC. I am aware that`s rather a problem for the anti-consoles crowd, to me it`s a selling point.

I`d like to add: Due to recent Steam sales I got a lot of new-for-me AAA titles on my HD. Far Cry 3, AC3, Archam City and so on. Yet, I mostly play Defiance.

jonwes
04-13-2013, 08:46 AM
-Graphics/design. Seriously, I like the graphics a lot. Of course, technically it isn`t top notch (and can`t be given the genre), but I rate design and general mood over that. I just like exploring this world.

I agree. It's one of those things I've found an odd criticism. It's not as stylized as, say, Bioshock or something. But I find a lot to love about the alien-ness invading Earth, and a lot of the designs are very cool. I love my Duni vehicle.

Zubi
04-13-2013, 08:50 AM
This game is EPIC, Trion is EPIC, lets wait for big patch/dlc.

M00N
04-13-2013, 08:51 AM
This game is epic! even LEGEN.... wait for it..... DARY!

So much expectations on the DLCs! And the TV show!

Enjoying it so far! :)

Tyrir
04-13-2013, 08:53 AM

I didn't know that either! So awesome!

Jeff Kaos
04-13-2013, 08:55 AM
Yesterday, just sort of by accident, me and two of my friends were all at the exact same place with our missions and we had a blast playing through at least a dozen together. Most fun I've had on Xbox with group play in a while. Still, would've been nice if there were a few tweaks made to grouping like this, maybe give a group leader the ability to mark the map way points instead of everyone in the group needing to do this.

wrappy
04-13-2013, 01:10 PM
I like how my ego is always telling me how awesome I am. :P

jonwes
04-14-2013, 11:59 AM
I like how my ego is always telling me how awesome I am. :P

Sort of makes sense, I suppose. LOL.

After having seen the pilot, I have to say I think it really deepens the world. I think it's going to be a blast watching the show (which was great) and then playing the game and seeing them interact. Already the little bits and lines between the two (not huge yet) were fun and I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out with the content coming 4/15!

Frostlight
04-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Yesterday, just sort of by accident, me and two of my friends were all at the exact same place with our missions and we had a blast playing through at least a dozen together. Most fun I've had on Xbox with group play in a while. Still, would've been nice if there were a few tweaks made to grouping like this, maybe give a group leader the ability to mark the map way points instead of everyone in the group needing to do this.

I would also like to see the solo missions not be mandatory anymore. Mandatory solo missions in an MMO is just weird and seems a bit backwards...

jonwes
04-14-2013, 10:37 PM
I would also like to see the solo missions not be mandatory anymore. Mandatory solo missions in an MMO is just weird and seems a bit backwards...

I guess I haven't run into those... although I almost always play solo unless on a co-op map or I join up with people on the fly. So maybe that's why I haven't noticed. Just a solo-playing kind of guy.

Versteckter Geist
04-14-2013, 11:11 PM
I use Raptr while in-game and it works well enough. (Has a chat overlay like steam) Totally enjoying playing this game with a friend of mine, it's a nice breath of fresh air from fantasy based games. That being said..

I'm kind of also really excited that a hellbug mount/pet is rumored to hit Rift (Trion's MMO)..

X NEXUS 666 X
04-15-2013, 12:54 AM
Yeah we're still thinking it's something we have to figure out yet. Still a minor issue considering how awesome the game is anyway.

X NEXUS 666 X
04-15-2013, 01:01 AM
Love this game, totally addicted! Even paid for an outfit. Haven't gotten that far through the game, but as much as I love the environment, I'm hoping to see a bit more variety, like some snowy mountainous region. Since I have the Mountain Tracker outfit, I was hoping to explore some hostile mountain areas, even some more desert like areas. That's my only suggestion really, I don't really have anything to complain about.

Nice job!

jonwes
04-15-2013, 05:24 AM
The rumor was that they might eventually expand to show some of the Badlands, which might cover some terrain like that, which would be cool.