PDA

View Full Version : flying vehicles or armed rides?

Obvious Lee
04-12-2013, 03:17 PM
anyone else wondering if flying or weaponized vehicles will be implementened?

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Weaponized vehicles yes, later content will release Cerberus vehicles to gameplay. (one can be found in Explosions 101 co-op)

Flying vehicles would be awesome, but they are a rendering nightmare

Spectre2015
04-12-2013, 03:21 PM
Flying vehicles will not happen for a long time, if it will ever happen. Trion was originally wanting flying vehicles but Syfy refused to allow flying vehicles in the game as they wanted the show to remain on the ground.

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Flying vehicles will not happen for a long time, if it will ever happen. Trion was originally wanting flying vehicles but Syfy refused to allow flying vehicles in the game as they wanted the show to remain on the ground.

That makes perfect sense

wilks
04-12-2013, 03:37 PM
Seeing as i have fallen through the game world 3 times now while driving. Id say they have some work to do before they add new vehicles. The servers have trouble following cars on the ground. I don't think flight is in the cards for some time if ever.

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Seeing as i have fallen through the game world 3 times now while driving. Id say they have some work to do before they add new vehicles. The servers have trouble following cars on the ground. I don't think flight is in the cards for some time if ever.

this happens to me too :(
the rendering in this game is already heavily taxed. When I'm doing time trials, a random fence pops up out of nowhere and messes me up, or part of the map is not loaded and I fall through.

For this reason, no I don't think flying vehicles will ever happen

Obvious Lee
04-12-2013, 03:41 PM
thats because syfy is a communist group that cancels anything remotely decent. im sure if it weren't for the game itself, Defiance would only have a season or two at most.

Carlos Mastermind
04-12-2013, 03:47 PM
No flying because was stated because it is too dangerous when stuff is falling out of the sky aka arkfalls.

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 03:48 PM
thats because syfy is a communist group that cancels anything remotely decent. im sure if it weren't for the game itself, Defiance would only have a season or two at most.

The game and the show both rely heavily on themselves, if one didn't have the other it might not work. This is probably why a lot of people from other countries that cant see the show are upset and will stay upset.

US users, that can watch the show, will like the game a lot more once the show gets traction

Valethar
04-12-2013, 04:00 PM
The game and the show both rely heavily on themselves, if one didn't have the other it might not work.

Trion has already stated that even if the show were to fail, the game would not be affected (beyond the episode tie ins), as they will continue to develop and maintain it.

Obvious Lee
04-12-2013, 04:02 PM
um. adjust the collision detection for arkfalls/air craft.

No flying because was stated because it is too dangerous when stuff is falling out of the sky aka arkfalls.

Valethar
04-12-2013, 04:12 PM
um. adjust the collision detection for arkfalls/air craft.

It's not a mechanics flaw, it's a lore based decision. Flying in any form, short of the Military and enemy factions such as Mutants and Dark Matter, is no longer allowed due to the increased danger of falling Ark debris.

knightofthebroho
04-12-2013, 04:16 PM
thats because syfy is a communist group that cancels anything remotely decent.

Ermm... FOX is worse. Exhibit A: Firefly, Exhibit B: Arrested Development. There are probably more, those are just the best two I know of.

Triansou
04-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Umm I don't mean to sound dumb or any thing but there was a flying vehicle during the first cut scene sure it gets shoot down by the cannon the mutants has but that goes against what you are saying.